Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:59AM

This is so good (from mormonisnt's post earlier)

Then
Matthew 19:21
Jesus said If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Now

"The Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is a Corporate Sole with succession being the subsequent next President. That means he is the sole shareholder and owner of all businesses and holdings.
"The current worth would be conservatively above $60 billion, and if the current market value of holdings was added, it would likely be closer to $100 billion."

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 02:22AM

Because he is too busy being the 2nd worst person in the world.......HA HA! Serves him right.

Posted by: abacab08 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:13AM

That would be the start of Pandoras box. With so much going in and nothing going out. Interest alone on investments would boggle the ming

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:18AM

How about this question.

If a person were suing the church over the coverup of sexual misdeeds, could the court force the church to disclose accurate financial worth?

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:35AM

If it was relevant to a possible award, the plaintiff my need to know what the Church's assets are. I remember a few years in Oregon this issue came up and a court zi think did order the church to open it's books. The church immediately settled the case for an undisclosed sum.

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:54AM

I remember that case---the judge ordered TSCC to open its books for Oregon.

Information is available for some countries in which registered charities---including religious organizations---are required to give full financial disclosures. I have seen the reports for the UK. It was an income/expenses statement and did not, for example, detail the land holdings the church has in East Anglia. However, the expenses figures showed that they pay nice fat salaries to officials above the SP level, and they showed how little of the income actually went to charitable causes.

Posted by: abacab08 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:20AM

Um, NO. They would hire the best lawyers to defend

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:30AM

I just realized how that east German fellow got onto the twelve. He is a pilot right? Maybe they needed someone to pilot Profit 1, who wouldn't spill the beans about the gold plated interior.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:55AM

A nonprofit does not have shareholders, it has directors. No one owns a nonprofit.

The idea that the President is the sole shareholder and owner was taken from something I wrote. The President has sole control over how the resources are used, but is not technically the owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 11:04AM by Jim Huston.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.