Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 02:21PM

Three Keys to Happiness

"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. That's what it's all finally about, and that's what these clues help us to find within ourselves ..."
Joseph Campbell

In this process of leaving the LDS Church and how it's beliefs have impacted my life and the changes that result, it's so important, not to lose sight of the goal to find new meaning in my life and to find happiness and peace of mind.

I use the old safety rule for crossing the street to remind me of how to be happy and to find that experience of being alive!

They are little notes I make to myself to help me remember ..... what is important.... !

Stop! Look ! Listen !

Stop:
Stop and smell the flowers. Really. Do it. Stop. Take a deep breath. Notice what is around you.
Smile and say hello to everyone you meet. Watch how they smile back. Might be the only smile they get that day.
Stop negativity in thought and action. Let go of the need to live in a state of negativity: anger, bitterness, resentment, etc., let go of the past.
Stop and THINK. Be open to new ideas.

LOOK:
Look UP. Notice the beauty of the earth: the sky, the clouds, the flowers, the earth. Drink it in!
Today people are constantly walking around with their heads down engrossed in their "smart phones" - makes one wonder how smart we are! :-)
Look where I am a going. Really look. Is it where I meant to go?

LISTEN:'
Listen to what is going on around me: what are me loved ones and friends really saying? What do they want me to listen to? Really listen with my full attention.
Listen to the needs of others. Be there, really there. Look people in the eye and be present.
Listen to the power of faith in myself and others. Listen to the laughter. Find the laughter in my life.

There are a lot more any of you can think of, I'm sure.

Oh..and..there are no keys -- the door to happiness is open all the time! :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.