Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 02:55PM

The recent story about Anne Frank being Baptized for the Dead yet again got me to thinking that Mormons are as insensitive as Westboro Baptists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1JK1gsyjug

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:06PM

What, did Frank's first baptism not take?

I would think the cult keeps records.

Timothy

Date: February 22, 2012 06:36PM

Timothy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What, did Frank's first baptism not take?
>
> I would think the cult keeps records.
>
> Timothy

I think Anne Frank has now been baptized at least 10 times. I saw that report elsewhere, and I'm pretty sure that Helen Radkey's report indicated that she had previously been baptized several times.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 10:00PM

to keeps tabs on things like this.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:21PM

The Westboro clan is out and proud (to borrow a phrase): They are insensitive, inappropriate, impolite, and downright rude. They intend to come off that way and they don't care whether you like them or not.

Mormons, on the other hand, don't even know they are insensitive, and they whine and pout when people criticize them about it.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:24PM

... just as tellin'!

Timothy

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 10:01PM

that makes money when they put themselves in the position where people deny them the right to be assholes.

then they sue them and make more money.

it's nothing more than a cynical hateful scam.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:34PM

Mormons are as Insensitive as Westboro Baptist Church.... when they are rabidly attacking others, HOWEVER when the MORmON church is criticized THEN MORmONS are very sensitive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QknCsJQBcco

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 05:06PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 05:51PM by Demon of Kolob.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 05:31PM

They both disrespect the dead to further their own insensitive, tactless, and offensive religious agenda.

Date: February 23, 2012 11:22AM

The story of Anne Frank's 10 baptisms has made the international press now and is in the Daily Mail in Great Britain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104878/Fury-Mormons-posthumously-baptise-Holocaust-victim-Anne-Frank-TENTH-time-23-years.html

Posted by: Teddy ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 11:54AM

Nah, Westboro is not half as insensitive as Mormo...

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 12:11PM

My father, and another family friend, who were both Bishops and members of the Stake presidency before apostatizing have told me that they had been on many youth temple trips, where the temple had either ran out of names mid session, and simply recycled the ones used earlier that day by the youth, or admitted that all the names done that day had been recycled due to a lack of new names arriving from SLC. Even when my father was a TBM, he hated wasting time and resources, and this always pissed him off. He would actually speak his mind, and call the temple patrons out on this, pointing out that they had sacrificed an entire day to come to the temple (it was a four hour trip each way) not to mention gas, only to have nothing but busy work, so that the youth wouldn't know they had given up a day from all their other activities for nothing, because SLC couldn't be bothered to supply more names, or at least to call them off.

Date: February 23, 2012 08:27PM

Others have reported this as well, forbiddencokedrinker. And, I am pretty sure that I experienced this in the Orlando temple as well, but am not positive, which is why I didn't bring it up before.

Posted by: Charli ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 09:31PM

everybody obviously does not understand baptisms for the dead, so until you do you really should not post comments acting like you do

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 10:37PM

Many here were members, in many different "callings". My guess is many were in longer than you have been alive. It is unwise to jump to conclusions :).

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:44AM

I did a lot of baptisms for the dead Charlie. Both as a dunki, and as a dunker. I know a lot of dirty little secrets about your church. I also have a lot of experiences with the temples, none of which involved feeling magical warm feelings.

For example, the special garment, and the white jump suit you have to wear are both super observant. I learned this, after dressing up into them, and having to use the bathroom. The last drop of course landed in my pants, and right away soaked through into a bright yellow spot visible for all to see.

I then tried to ask for a new pair, but the oldster working the locker room was indignant that I was taking up too much time, and already had received one jumpsuit and would not receive another, because they did not need to wash a second. I was so angry, I almost dressed and stormed out of the temple, but instead, I swallowed my pride, and did by best to try and hide the quarter size spot until it was my turn to go into the water, which was a good half hour later.

My point is, temple ordinances are not about human dignity, for anyone. They are about members mindlessly jumping through hoops. This was also one of my less humiliating experiences with uncaring church members, who will not listen to others concerns and problems, but instead adhere strictly to schedules and rationing like the train service at a Nazi death camp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 12:44AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:32AM

Your argument has convinced me. I'm now returning to the true church now!

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 01:28PM

The copy of the ordinance record for Anne Frank, as included in the Daily Mail article, shows that Anne Frank was not just baptized, but also confirmed.

Date: February 23, 2012 08:30PM

OnceMore Wrote:
> The copy of the ordinance record for Anne Frank,
> as included in the Daily Mail article, shows that
> Anne Frank was not just baptized, but also
> confirmed.

I think this is very important, and it largely seems ignored. After baptism they then CONFIRM, then WASH, then CLOTHE, then RENAME, then ENDOW, then SEAL the person.

I tried to make this point very clear in my first video on the subject earlier this week... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHl-ebTbgOs

I really think the fact that there are all these other steps AFTER baptism should be emphasized more.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 10:42PM

No, they are not as insensitive as the Westboro Baptist Church.

They are insensitive but not THAT insensitive.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 08:31AM

The multiple baptisms of people like Anne Frank are about ineptitude of the church. We did what? To whom? Again?

On the other hand, Fred Phelps and his group are hateful and shameless attention whores.

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:41AM

I disagree.

Posthumously baptizing a group of people who were tortured and killed for their religion into another religion is extremely offensive.

When the Jewish community found out, TSCC LIED and said they wouldn't do it anymore. They got caught baptizing holocaust victims again.

Their arrogance and offensive behavior really knows no limit.

Posted by: ymountain ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 10:54PM

While they may not be AS insensitive as the WBC, they still are pretty insensitive. Their whole "must convert the whole world to mormonism" attitude is so offensive. Fuck you COJCOLDS.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 08:02PM

Timothy Wrote:
> What, did Frank's first baptism not take?
>
> I would think the cult keeps records.

I guess a few different temple patrons will get the honor to proxy Anne into Mormondom.... Should Anne accept the ordinance of course.

Perhaps Anne refused the ordinance many times before and that is why they keep re-baptizing her in hope that this time she'll accept.

perhaps the temple records show that Anne appeared in a vision and refused each time.

It sounds funny, but it's quite maddening when you think how we were duped as temple attendees.
pfft. And the SLC suits wonder why exmormons get upset!
I was too gullible and trusted every stupid cultish ritual and command to go to the 'HOLY' temple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 08:04PM by joan.

Posted by: John Smithson ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 08:09PM

I can't figure out why the Mormon Church is building all these temples when they have nothing productive to do in them. They are building a temple in Payson, Utah of all places. That's 20 minutes away from the Provo temple.

No reason why they need another temple in that area to handle ordinances for the living, since that is a once-in-a-lifetime thing that justifies a 20-minute drive. And there are not enough names of the dead to keep even the current temples busy.

What a waste.

That said, the Mormons are nowhere near as insensitive as the Westboro Baptist Church. To me, doing temple work for the dead is much the same as praying for the dead. I see no element of criticism in doing it. The Westboro Baptist Church, on the other hand, is unbelievably callous and shameful in what they do.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 08:52PM

And now Provo will have two temples! Or, are they closing the old one when the Tabernacle turned temple is completed?

Posted by: John Smithson ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 11:01PM

You're right. I had no idea they were building another temple in Provo. What in God's name are they thinking?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 04:41AM

Of course, the last straw was when they sealed her for eternity
to Hitler.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 08:40AM

"Mormons are insenstive as Westboro..." Now, now, you're just persecuting them (and the high pitched whining they make when you criticize proves they aren't insensitive....right?) You can leave "the Church" but you can't leave it alone, can you?! Just proves "the Church" is trooooo....right? Barf. Too funny. Yeah, I think they're as insensitive in some respects, just a whole lot less direct than the Westboro inbreds.

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:06AM

Pope John Paul II was baptized as a Mormon 6 times at last count.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:37AM

I just made Anne Frank gay too.

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.