Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rickster ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:22PM

My wife & I left the church is dec 2010, just after the annual payment for the ensign and friend were taken from my bank account. I never got around to cancelling them, although I cancelled the annual payment (we would just throw them in the trash). I therefore assumed they would just stop arriving in dec 2011 when the next payment was due, but sure enough they keep arriving every month! Is there some way I can find out if and who has continued the subscription for us, or as with most things in the church will they be secretive about it? We suspect it is either one of our extended families, but want to see if we can find out for sure before confronting them. Is there someone we can email or something? Thanks guys!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:25PM

I don't know the answers to your questions. However, when you get the answer I'm going to bookmark it. Sure as I live I'm going to have the same questions down the road.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:25PM

Maybe the billing department messed up and didn't inform the distribution department that you had cancelled.

But in answer to your question, why not just call them and ask?

Posted by: Rickster ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:29PM

Yeah I know I can ring up, but don't really want to speak to them. Just seeing if there's an easy way go avoid that as I know several people who work at the distribution office and just don't want to deal with that right now.

Posted by: happilynotmormon ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:49PM

I recently called and canceled my subscriptions to the Ensign/Friend and they were really nice, didn't ask any questions, and even refunded my bank account for the balance. They didn't ask why or give me any trouble. They have an email listed, help@store.lds.org, maybe that would work so you don't risk having to talk to someone you know?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 03:44PM

face the Music; don't think....even to yrself, that U can't deal with your Ex-Momism.

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 04:08PM

I was gifted a subscription to the ensign soon after I left the church. I called the magazine department of the church offices here in the UK and asked them to cancel the sub and refund the money to the account of the purchaser, I politely said I wanted to send a clear message that it was not appreciated. I didn't receive another copy and hope the money was refunded. I don't know to this day who my 'benefactor' was.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 04:15PM

If you want accurate information, you'll need to call the subscriptions dept and find out what is going on. The number is in the magazine.
If you want info, go to the source. Guessing and speculating won't work.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 05:05AM

Yes I agree with the above poster - call them. But, look on the bright side. You have plenty of kindling paper for your fireplace.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 05:24AM

I certainly wouldn't want my mailbox and garbage can contaminated with Ensign cooties. Glad you're putting a stop to it.

The mail carrier and garbage collector will thank you. lol

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 06:42AM

When this happened to me, I called the 800 number for subscriptions inside the magazine. They were very nice. They said that it was some sort of anonymous subscription, and that all they could do is refund the money for the subscription to me. Then they made a note in my account so that I could never receive it again. I never did, and I got a check in the mail from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. When was the last time you ever got a check from them?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.