Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laxagain ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 04:19AM

Hello kids

Used to post here as LA-Ex and have no idea what my login creds were, and wanted to check in . . .

Just returned from New York and saw the B of M play. Laughed to the point of tears. I'm sure I'm not the first, and haven't taken time to search but I felt like I was the only one there who got the jokes. Anybody feel like a new thread for the benefit of a lapsed EX-mo?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 12:08PM

I can't wait to see it--hoping to get tickets when it come to LA.

Welcome back to the board!

Posted by: beansandbrews ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 12:30PM

Must be like Saturday's voyeur...was obvoius who had grown up in Mormonism. My hubby didn't and was not sure why some of us were laughing so hard.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 12:49PM

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 01:39PM

The Book of Mormon musical confirmed for me what I guessed years ago when I left the church. They are not only without revelation, the Q15 are without even common street smarts.

When the musical first hit, there was confusion. Why, why, people are liking it...but it makes fun of us...but it's friendly fun...harmless publicity, mmmm, must be good.

How much street smarts does it take to turn on a light?

You would think that these old coots would know that ridicule, esp. in-jokes, is the most effective and most difficult to counteract form of argument.

Even the dour statements of an apple-doll-faced prophet can stop people from laughing. The Simpsons and The Book of Mormon musical should get an award for being the most effective anti-Mormon effort second only to this site, IMHO.

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.