Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 09:34AM

I knew the church was idiotic, but I didn't know they were this far out there. The clowns in charge need to put on a block on baptisms for anyone who has died within the past hundred years, until the election is over. If Romney wins, they need to keep it up for the entire time he is in office.

On the other hand, I am glad they are too arrogant to see how arrogant they appear to the rest of the world. Though what they do is insulting to the memories of the dead, at least it exposes what they do to the living, and maybe saves a soul or two from converting, then finding the misery of Mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 09:37AM

Just so we're clear on who did what here:

Individual concerned: Daniel Pearl, Jew.

Individuals who terminated the life of his temporal body: Muslim terrorists.

Individuals who with spurious compassion proxy-dead-dunked him pretending to save his immortal soul: Mormon terrorists.

Related individuals of interest: Judea and Ruth Pearl, parents of Daniel Pearl, Jewish, non-Mormon, and not amused.

I hope that clears it up for all the TBM lurkers who yap that "names for baptism are submitted by direct descendants or family members only."

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:16AM

+1

"I hope that clears it up for all the TBM lurkers".....hahahaha

Mormon terrorists = fawsome

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:28AM

The industrial strength repetition of the LDS line that dead persons can accept or reject the proxy baptism needs to be blown out of the water.

Technically it is true, but it is also meaningless in terms of mormon actions.

They don't stop at baptism. They go right on to "confirmation," "sealing," "endowment" etc. Mormons obviously think that no one rejects the baptism.

They confirmed Anne Frank as a member of the Church. You can see the confirmation noted in the records here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104878/Fury-Mormons-posthumously-baptise-Holocaust-victim-Anne-Frank-TENTH-time-23-years.html

Check the records of the Presidents of the USA.

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:32AM

they would have included a phrase to that effect in their ordinance prayers.

What a shame they forgot to do that. If only they had a true prophet who could have forseen this media storm, surely they would have corrected that oversight about 180 years ago...

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 05:07PM

What's missing in mormon scripture is the name removal procedure in heaven. It took a lawsuit on earth. Wonder how spirits go about it after death.

People want choices before they're inducted, not after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 06:01PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:30AM

Is this only his first time? Can we look forward to hearing that he will be baptized seven or eight more times after this?

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 12:14PM

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 12:19PM

He was killed in 2002.

Date: February 29, 2012 12:26PM

Still, two years is barely anything in Morgdom -- particularly since most of the Morg probably weren't interested in the kind of news he would have covered.

:)

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 05:10PM

Sorry for another correction - I'm a fact geek.

It's 10 yrs, not 2, although granted time does fly!

I was so sorry this happened to Daniel Pearl. He didn't deserve it, at all. I feel for his wife and family, still.

Date: February 29, 2012 12:21PM

Date: February 29, 2012 12:27PM

Date: February 29, 2012 05:11PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 10:31AM

and they made the statement that someone in the church (spokesman--not sure)--had stated that it took A LOT, A LOT A LOT A LOT of deception for someone to get some of these names through the system. I thought bulls***.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 12:37PM

Yeah, I've noticed that Church spokescritters are ramping up their dissemination of that explanation. And mormons are following suit.

So, some nameless persons are setting up proxy baptisms of famous Jews, Nazis, and so forth just to embarrass the LDS Church?

This bullpucky is just asking for a thorough debunking.

Did anyone find it difficult to submit names when they were a TBM?

For lurkers and reporters can we list the steps required and demonstrate that there are not massive roadblocks in the way of submitting Whitney Houston's name, for example?

And what about the fact that these embarrassing baptisms, like Daniel Pearl, actually are carried out? Does that also require deception and satanic access to the ritual?

Has anyone ever experienced having a name submission rejected as a result of these supposedly awesome safeguards?

Date: February 29, 2012 10:31AM

I think maybe it's time for me to leave a message on the local church answering machine.

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 11:25AM

The parents gave a perfect response to the church.

“To them we say: We appreciate your good intentions but rest assured that Danny’s soul was redeemed through the life that he lived and the values that he upheld,” Judea and Ruth Pearl said in an email. “He lived as a proud Jew, died as a proud Jew and is currently facing his creator as a Jew, blessed, accepted and redeemed. For the record, let it be clear: Danny did not choose to be baptized, nor did his family consent to this un-called-for ritual.”

Let's be clear here. The church has no intentions of stopping this practice. The March 2012 Ensign has an aricle calling for a need for indexing throughout the world.

http://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/03/a-call-for-indexers-worldwide?lang=eng

As always the church has bad timing or they just don't care about the uproar in the media. Who approves the publishing of this article after the media scrutiny has heated up?

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 11:37AM

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 11:48AM

Seriously, are Mormons trying to make the world hate them?

It's so cowardly how they publicly make excuses and shift blame to individual members who violate their "protocol". How about they start an office of people who call the nearest living relative for each would-be dead non-Mormon they baptize and officially ask for permission? That would be respectful. That would be responsible. That would require a hell of a lot more consideration than Mormons want to give non-Mormons.

Date: February 29, 2012 11:59AM

I've signed it, and I've put a link to it on the dreaded book of the face.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 12:05PM

I'm considering posting it-- might help me clean out my friends list.

Date: February 29, 2012 12:13PM

angsty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm considering posting it-- might help me clean out my friends list.

DO IT!!!! Let us know what happens.

Posted by: hold your nose ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 01:18PM

I worked in the family history center one day a week for a couple of years as one of my very last acts of service to the morg. There were 3 of us staffing the place during my shift. The other two women were wives of high ranking men in the stake, and they were multiple-generation morgbots. We started talking one day about temple stuff being done for their relatives over and over again. They were stymied as to why the work kept getting done repeatedly...by strangers no less. Some of the ordinances had been done by the people themselves when they were alive, but had been done AGAIN by people in far flung places with names these women did not recognize as relatives. I was aghast that there was so much duplication and cluelessness in the records. I am not morg royal lineage so I had never thought of or encountered things like that before in my genealogy.

One day business was very slow in the center and we decided to call the main number in SLC to see if we could get some info on why this was happening. We got put on hold, then got the run-around, then got some indecipherable explanation about why it happens. I didn't buy it. It sounded like bull to me, and I was left with more questions than I had had before the call. The other 2 women thought it was strange, but bought the party line and didn't get too upset about it and were able to quickly let it go.

In talking to one of my uber-TBM-in-the-know-Utah relatives soon thereafter, he also gave me some song and dance about why it happens and then changed the subject. He clearly didn't want to talk about it further. To me it seemed like a gargantuan breech of eternal record-keeping ettiquette, and I was amazed that he didn't want to pursue it and get it cleared up. To tell the truth, I was totally weirded out by his casualness about the whole thing. It seemed to me that he just mentally swept it under the rug and then started whistling whilst putting his hands in his pockets and walking away. I didn't know what to think after that.
(I do now, though ;)

So, yeah. The system is totally messed up--computers and databases notwithstanding. But they have known that for YEARS!!! and haven't done anything about it. Dead-dunking mormons. Such a sham. Such a scam.

Posted by: worldwatcher ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 06:38PM

hold your nose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"To me it seemed like a gargantuan breech of eternal record-keeping ettiquette, and I was amazed that he didn't want to pursue it and get it cleared up. To tell the truth, I was totally weirded out by his casualness about the whole thing. It seemed to me that he just mentally swept it under the rug and then started whistling whilst putting his hands in his pockets and walking away."

Has it occurred to anyone that this is a money-making scheme? Gotta have those names to keep the temples busy, no matter what. Gotta have something "faith promoting" for the kids so mom and dad have visible proof of the worth of their tithing dollars.

Gotta have proof that mormonism is superior, the only method of "saving" all those billions of dead dying before Joseph Smyth came along.

Posted by: yin ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 02:37PM

This is bullshit.

I don't believe in an afterlife. I couldn't give two craps whether or not they "accept or reject it."

What about the here and now? What about this life? What about the disrespect and arrogance it requires to do something like this to another person's memory and/or spiritual station?

They assume everyone believes in afterlives. I DON'T.

Posted by: sally mae ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 06:26PM

Best answer to this so far.

I have already converted all of my grandparents and great-grandparents.

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.