Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 02:18PM

Hi everyone-I hope it's ok to ask this off topic question. I've lived near Salt Lake (Riverton) for a number of years and yet have never really gone downtown for a night out on the town. My husband is turning 41 Saturday and I'd like to go to a fun bar where we can dance. In our younger years, we loved to dance all night to modern dance music but are too old for that crowd. We grew up in the 80's and love Rock also.

Any suggestions for a good place to have a couple of drinks and dance the night away? I've Googled and a couple of places that have popped up are Lumpy's, Tavernacle, Bayou, and Fat's Grill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 05:54PM

I went to Lumpys a couple weeks ago. It's a sports bar. The table booths have each have their own tv with espn or other sports channels on. They had a dance floor at the top floor. Nobody was up there dancing. Maybe it was just early. I never went back up.

Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 06:10PM

I've never been to Lumpy's, and it's been years since I've been to Tavernacle or Fat's, but Tavernacle is a piano bar (it was awesome when they played primary songs and everyone in the place knew them) and Fat's is a pool place.
Bayou has awesome sweet potato fries, and I think they have live music sometimes, but there's not a lot of room for dancing there either.

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: February 29, 2012 07:40PM

Great, thank you so much for both of your help! The Bayou advertisement states there's local bands Friday and Saturday nights but if there's no room to dance, then it's just loud music that is hard to visit around.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.