Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 06:12PM

"AND I QUOTE"

***Its like we (the LDS CHURCH) have the dealership for Ferarri and we are handing out the keys to a brand Ferarri.. Now some of the people will say its too good to be true to be given a free Ferrari. Some will say I prefer a Lamborghini or a Rolls Royce or an Aston Martin, or a Bently. However look at the stink it would cause on the other side, if all these people we knew, come up to us and complained by saying "Hey why didn't you offer me my free Ferrari, aren't I your friend or what ??.

They don't have to accept our Free Ferarri, we really understand that .However it is our job to make sure they have the offer made to them***

They honestly, really, and truly, without a word of a lie, see it that way !!!

JB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 06:17PM

Except the car is an AMC Gremlin and one day, she's going to realize her "dealership" is more of a junkyard.

Posted by: Maggie ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 06:25PM

Aren't arrogance and guilt great motivators for the morg masses.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 06:35PM

Even Mormons would squirm at the idea of Africans performing voodoo rites on their ancestors!

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 06:38PM

She must mean a "spiritual" Ferrari......I wonder if they need car alarms in the CK? And what colors are available? Probably just white....white that is brighter than the noon day sun I would imagine....glowing white!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 07:32PM

When Mormonism gets rear-ended by the truth, beliefs go up in flames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcNeorjXMrE

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 07:38PM

I'm just not buying that bit about folks in the Outer Darkness being allowed to refuse the Ferrari.

In the Dr. Seuss thread there's a link to the typical proxy baptism record. It shows the additional ordinances, like confirmation, endowment, sealing .... In other words, Seuss accepted the offer and was then subjected to further silliness which lacked, oh so unfortunately, the sartorial splendor to which he had grown accustomed.

Has anyone ever heard of a mormon admitting that their necrodunkee refused the offer of morgbotation?

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 07:44PM

One Sunday the Stake President was visiting and he actually told us "Members should buy American Motors Cars."

Damn, and he didn't tell us we would be offered a Ferarri.

And what's worse a family actually went out after that talk and bought an AMC...the Matador.

And that's the truth inthenameofjesuschristamen.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 07:45PM

Not everyone wants a Ferrari. I know it's hard to imagine but it's true. To assume that everyone wants or needs what you have is not only arrogant, it's obnoxious.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 07:53PM

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 07:58PM

This idiot TBM I was debating with on another website actually said "You will all thank us one day." UGH!

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 08:05PM

It's true! We will fall on our knees and beg forgiveness. :-D

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 10:00PM

+1

They say they have a Ferrari to give you after you die, as long as you pay 10% of your income the rest of your life.

And when you look closer at the brochure, the Ferrari is really a broken wheelchair.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 09:53PM

Running with the metaphor, not everyone delights in sports cars or a Ferrari. Some are happy with their big ass SUVs while others chug along content with their Minis. Whatever happened to free agency? Also, not everyone is their "friend, or what". Silly woman, glad I didn't have sharp objects with me when I read this.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 10:56PM

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 11:17PM

It's more like this: In the Pre-existence you get to do plays with Shakespeare and play with the Chicago Bulls and know about all kinds of transcendental stuff, then you get sent to earth and your ability to act and play basketball is taken away, so you have to learn everything over again but you probably don't get to play in a championship three-peat or act in the Globe theater, then you die and go back to heaven, where you realize that you're screwed if you haven't toed the line with a bunch of silly earth rules.

But if someone dead-dunks you, you get a chance to get back into the exclusive club you were originally a member of anyway, way back when...

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 08:12AM

And lest ye consider not the liabilities of a Ferrari. The insurance alone is probably 10% of my gross monthly income. On top of the "insurance" I have to baby it and maintain it constantly. I must keep it covered in a garage, drive it very little, keep it immaculate, and I probably have to fuel it with rare high octane fuel (if not forced to buy premium.). Oh wait oil changes - cant just go to Jiffy Lube. And I can't fit my whole gang of friends in the thing. And people who have ferraris are the hallowed super rich who use them to get laid and show the rest of the country how their extreme automobile is a direct reflection of their ability to make tons of money fast. One more thing I have NEVER met a woman who actually went out and bought a Ferrari on her own free will. Wow I could just keep going.

I think you see how bad the Ferrari metaphor truly is...

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 08:20AM

Her argument all falls apart because it is only the cult group who thinks they have the BEST car. The rest of society knows better.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 09:29AM

Nobody told me there would be cars in heaven! So cool!

I always wanted to try out the back seat in heaven, didn't you?
With all my polygamous wives it should get a real workout.

And here I thought the CK was going to really suck.

You have just made my day!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.