Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 04:21PM

Don't know if anyone else has posted this but here are the
"Mormon Mall Rules". Straight from the SL Tribune..

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home3/53607333-200/rules-creek-center-conduct.html.csp

"That means no running, yelling, swearing, skateboarding or playing music. Don’t try smoking, panhandling, proselytizing or pamphleteering. Better not wear a snarky or offensive T-shirt, low-hanging jeans or any clothes that don’t jibe with a “first-class” shopping destination. And while a gay couple’s kiss would be OK — even a same-sex marriage proposal at Tiffany & Co. — don’t dare snap a picture of it or shoot video with your smartphone. Photography in front of the 90 storefronts is prohibited. Oh, and forget shopping on Sundays."

A mall that ISN'T open on Sundays????

I guess The Gateway and Trolley Square will be getting my business then

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 04:27PM

I love the line "The LDS Church demurred from any comment..." Suuuurreeeeee- that's what they always do, lol.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 04:30PM

Yea...you'd think the corporation that funded it AS WELL AS was the General Contractor would have a lot to say..

I guess not..

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 04:45PM

I think we should all dress like Hell's Angels, pair up or go in groups of 3, and keep a steady stream of people running through the mall that look less than first class during their first week of being open. We could have a team walk through every 15 minutes or so. And everyone should have a clearly marked Starbucks cup in their hand or a noticeable Skoal can outline in the back of their jeans. Just to freak them out.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 05:09PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 05:19PM

I think... they should have a Rule requiring shoppers to Wear Garmies!

for the 'pre-endowed', "training garmies"

Posted by: ktay ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 05:34PM

So this is where all of the Morg's tithing money has gone?

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 07:06PM

So basically: "Do not have any fun."

That should really "revitalize" the area...

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 07:10PM

And NO bras or panties can be displayed in any of the windows...maybe that's why Victoria's Secret isn't in there.

Gees, don't all women wear bras and panties? Well, the garment wearing gals might have to sneak them on underneath the garmies, but good grief.

And as someone pointed out...the folks who will be going to the mall probably can't afford to buy a ring at Tiffany's anyhow...

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 09:36PM

someone go in the mall a tank top braless and ask where victoria secrets is. walk around with a bounce in your step, make sure those boobs are going. especially all of the temple goers in their white shirts and ties, and the women in the jumper dresses. make sure you talk on your cell phone and front of them and cuss!!!! so funny

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 07:14PM

I wonder if they will let customers wear flip flops, or sleeveless tops, or anything above the knee.

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 07:29PM

I hope the mormon mall puts all of you gentile heathens of SLC out of business. You will learn not to mess with the mo-mo mafia.

Posted by: Dr B. (Buzzard Bait) ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 08:02PM

Do not the Mall Rules remind you of a Police State Shopping Mall only the Ultra TBM'S allowed. The elite must point their nose to the sky to show their supiority! Sorry - I will never go there - the elitism disgusts me!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 08:20PM

Apparently this mall was built for the wealthy mormons who either live in Utah, or might visit SLC. Never mind
It was built on the backs of the unsuspecting members who will never see this mall, let alone shop there.
Now the elites have a place to shop that won't be fowled by the smell of coffee. They don't have to worry about their wives and teenagers getting a glimpse of pretty lingerie. They won't have to worry about their kids hanging out at the mall on Sundays. Anything and everything that might offend them will be removed. To me it sounds like it will be as sterile and artificial as the church itself. Does not sound like a fun place to go shopping.

Posted by: Altava ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 11:33PM

Mia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparently this mall was built for the wealthy
> mormons who either live in Utah, or might visit
> SLC. Never mind
> It was built on the backs of the unsuspecting
> members who will never see this mall, let alone
> shop there.
> Now the elites have a place to shop that won't be
> fowled by the smell of coffee. They don't have to
> worry about their wives and teenagers getting a
> glimpse of pretty lingerie. They won't have to
> worry about their kids hanging out at the mall on
> Sundays. Anything and everything that might offend
> them will be removed. To me it sounds like it will
> be as sterile and artificial as the church itself.
> Does not sound like a fun place to go shopping.

This. This sums up how I feel perfectly. The more and more I hear about this mall the more it makes me sick. Seriously... my family will probably never see this and I'm sure our tithing money went to it.

Posted by: dumpweed ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 08:24PM

I wonder if the local wards are assigned to donate time being mall cops to enforce these rules. That would be so sweet.....i would totally sign up for that duty.............

Posted by: djmaciii ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 08:29PM

so they spent 5 billion on a mall that is not open on Sunday? WTF?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 08:42PM

No Starbucks (and, DARN!) No Radio Shack!
but: there will be a 'teavana'...

as for volunteer (un-trained / under-trained) 'security guards' THAT would be a liability NIGHTMARE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 08:54PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 09:28PM

I never saw anything that said I could not go in naked....an idea...butt....

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 09:48PM

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 09:57PM

In a day and age were malls are a dying breed and the two days that malls do their best business Saturday and Sunday, it’s nice to know that the Morg has nailed the coffin shut and billons of dollars are slowly circling down the drain.

Muhahahahahahahahhhahahahahah

Stupid cult

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 09:58PM by Bal.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 10:14PM

I hope it is not going to have any inappropiate drinks with caffine.....another reason it will not turn a profit. Wait what an I saying, when you get to build a building with money that is contributed for free it doesn't matter if it makes any money. It's like building a couple of condo's with an investors money and reporting back that the budget increased and sales declined and no one made a dime.....why would I care if they don't make money.

Posted by: Simply ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 11:17PM

I remember hearing rumors that the reason the church wanted to replace Crossroads and the ZCMI Center was to ensure that a mall next door to temple square would NEVER be open on Sunday. Apparently one of them changed their hours or floated the idea...?

Any truth to those rumors?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 11:45PM

what does happen. I'd like to see what stores balk when they can't open on Sundays--after a while. They might be on board now, but every chain store that has opened in Logan that starts out closing on Sunday usually ends up changing their mind. The first Wal-Mart in Logan actually was closed on Sunday and then Christmas came around. They said they were only opening on Sunday for the holidays--and they've never closed on Sunday since.

Arby's at one end of town closed on Sunday until Carl's Jr. opened up next door and was open on Sunday.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 11:54PM

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: March 06, 2012 12:17AM

What about the janitorial duties?

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 06, 2012 12:19AM

I just hope this is a wakeup call to members who have doubts. It's not just the church's past sins that get members leaving. I was inactive for years, but when I read an article about church owned hunting reserves (also for wealthy members), I made the effort to have my name removed.

Next time members in need are told the church has no money to help, they now have 5 billion reasons to walk away from a religion that clearly worships money.

If there is one thing mormons rabidly defend, it's the church's humanitarian aid and all the money it spends on helping members and nonmembers. I'm happy to throw a $5 billion mall back in their faces, and ask the question -- Which members got rich off the deal? Sadly, the church couldn't come up with a better use of that money.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 06, 2012 01:37AM

So I don't suppose they'll have a liquor store or a Starbucks, will they?....bummer...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.