Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Daphne ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 11:48AM

OK -- I just heard about this guy. Who is he? I watched about 2 seconds of one of his you tube videos before I started gagging. The Amazon reviews on all his books are all perfect -- and everyone learned "so much." WTF? Comments please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonski22 ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 11:50AM

He's the textbook definition, of "Mormon Priesthood Dork"

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 11:51AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 11:52AM

He's just a hack who writes really crappy soft ball stuff for the church. I once read a book by him that was supposed to help prepare me for my mission. Besides telling me to pray and read my scriptures, it also had such golden nuggets as "practice going without TV now." The book was worse then useless, and yet Mormons gush all over him like he is Justin Bieber, and they are a 12 year old girl.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 11:53AM

The youth, well the TBM youth, seem to love him. I hear teenagers talking about his talks and books like he's some LDS Justin Bieber.

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 12:07PM

John Bytheway = BARF!!! I read his crap, listened to his crap, even spoke about crap with him...and it was all cotton candy fluff...get to the mission and belong in the MORG...

He has been nominated for Douche bag of the year along with John Edwards (crossing over with John edwards, although the politician is up there too...), Grablack the destroyer, Tommy Monsoon, and so many other high leaders in TSCC and local leaders...

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 12:54PM

Mormon youth love him
For all TBM--he is wonderful
To outsiders, he is weird

Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 12:55PM

Bytheway is a relatively big fish in the teeny tiny pond of UTAH Mormondom. Outside of Utah he is totally unknown and irrelevant. I doubt most TBMs in the mission field even knows who he is.

Posted by: Black Grape ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 12:56PM

He's like the LDS Carrot Top. Weak comedy with no substance. Plus he knows he's a skinny nerdy fork that routinely talks about gardening but he tries to "manly" it up by having an interest or so he says in war. Like he'll talk about all the fictional BOM wars and go into the tactics of these wars even when i don't think JS mentions them in what he wrote in the BOM. I see this guy basically as a corny throwback to fifties era family sitcoms I mean he even parts his hair like David Bednar not cool at all.

Posted by: Black Grape ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 12:58PM

Fork= guy. I hate touch screen keyboards

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.