Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 03:58AM

In another thread imaworkingonit it pointed this out: Mormons intrude or make outlandish demands, then expect everyone else to explain or justify not agreeing with whatever the mormons want.

I've noticed this in almost every thread about dead dunking. Anytime someone says they don't want their loved ones or themselves to be proxy dunked, posters chime in to say there's something wrong with anyone who has these feelings as if it's a character flaw to have personal opinions or aversions to anything mormon. Someone the other day said, "I think those who object to this practice need to figure out WHY it bothers them and get over their problem."

I also see this mormon expectation in threads about mormons who harass people. These are people who want nothing more than to be left alone. As if it's a sin to want peace and privacy.

It's about time for mormons to do the explaining.

Why? Because there's nothing wrong with wanting mormon strangers to stay out of our private time when we're minding our own business in our own homes.

There's nothing wrong with poster "rain" wanting mormon strangers to stay away from his/her ailing and aged mother who is living in a care facility.

There's nothing wrong with having preferences which happen to conflict with mormon customs or expectations.

There's nothing wrong with objecting to being dead dunked in secret mormon temple rites.

There's nothing wrong with being annoyed by mormon strangers who tell exmos and nonmos they're mean and rude to send unwecome mormons from their doors.

There's nothing wrong with saying no to ridiculous mormon demands or claims.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 04:35AM

I'll put it like this if your telling someone who's beating the suffing out of you 'thankyou but can you please stop' then it's as good as asking for it. You have to say 'No i'll hit back!' To many any diffrence.

if you never stand up for yourself how will you get respect from people that will use you as much as possable given the chance.

And yes I know theres good people in the church it may be mostly good people but the system is set up so good people loose out and bad people get what they want unless the goodygoodys go against the grain.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 04:35PM

Posted by: bert ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 04:39PM

Mormons are the ONLY people that will cause you damage, and out right cause you harm and then demand an apology because you did not enjoy the experience.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.