Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 14, 2012 08:48PM

Am I the only one that thinks the people look like creepy, constibated, antriod people from another planet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 14, 2012 08:57PM

I wanted to see what you were talking about and found two links:

http://forum.newordermormon.org/viewtopic.php?t=25457&sid=c1a027f38769d6dfc3f642745d7749cf

Scroll down on the first one and see a great photoshop of the Marriott "billboard"

http://stocklandmartelblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/steven-lippman-city-creek-4.jpg?w=660&h=839

Are either of these the ones you are talking about? They look creepy in a fashionista on Mars way but what struck me most is that they don't look Mormon.

Date: March 14, 2012 09:00PM

Oh my gosh, I just read the comments on the first link. They are hysterical. These are New Order Mormons expressing their dissatisfaction rather than going along to get along. Yea for them.

Posted by: Gullible's Travels ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 05:45AM

"Deja Vu wrote:
You got it all wrong, it's not about loving money more than feeding the poor. It is about making downtown a nicer place so we don't have to have all those poor homeless bastards hanging out near our sacred places.

So what we have accomplished is now having a bunch of sacred bastards hanging out near our homeless places???"

ROFLMAO!

Posted by: mistymemories ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 06:01AM

are they scared or sacred bastards? haha!

Date: March 14, 2012 11:44PM

He totally looks like they are playing on Mormon women's fascination with the Twilight Series. Which was years ago, by the way. Silly Mormons. LOL.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 01:06AM

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 10:52AM

He looks like he should be singing "ice, ice, baby".

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 11:10AM

The “make it yours” in the first picture implies “make THIS GIRL yours” in a sexual way.

The “make it at night” in the second picture implies “make it with THIS GIRL at night.”

Not exactly in line with the sexual purity the Morg preaches! (surprise, surprise) These pictures also reinforce the notion that women are on earth for the purpose of being used sexually by men.

But then, that is exactly the thinking in any polygamist group.

Posted by: pollyspeaks ( )
Date: March 14, 2012 09:17PM

What do ultra stylish (and snobbish) women have to do with "City Creek". Did they use to fetch water from the creek?

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: March 14, 2012 10:42PM

My favorite is just before the 5300 S exit northbound on I-15... The dude looks just like The Damn Vampire from that twilight movie... I'm still trying to wrap my head around what Mormon Mega Mall (MMM anyone?) has to do with a stupid vampire movie...

Like spaghetti oh above linked, it's this one:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DL8rLJf6NUQ/T0VjDadSUNI/AAAAAAAAAE8/DC355Mcg9IA/s1600/billboards-03.jpg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 11:29PM by dragwit.

Posted by: hk112358 ( )
Date: March 14, 2012 10:48PM

Finally, Jesus can know that he, too has an exclusive shopping mall!
I expect it helps him feel better ech day when so many children daily die of disease, starvation, and violence.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: March 14, 2012 11:08PM

Posted by: fearguiltpromise ( )
Date: March 14, 2012 11:22PM

This is all the better they could do with a 5 Billion dollar budget? One would think they would have spent a bit more on that part of it. Maybe they were thinking, "If you build it, they will come. No need for decent advertising."

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:27AM

Posted by a Deja Vue:

You got it all wrong, it's not about loving money more than feeding the poor. It is about making downtown a nicer place so we don't have to have all those poor homeless bastards hanging out near our sacred places.

Some one responded:
"So now we have the rich bastards hanging out around our homeless shelters?"

LOL! and sad too!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 11:02AM

Hilarious!!! Some people are so clever!

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 10:37AM

I've started refering to it as "The Mall of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

Posted by: rainbowjello ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 10:57AM

This is all so funny. Thanks for sharing the links. I love Twilight by the way, but when I found out a mormon wrote it I had a Crying Game moment. LOL

I tried to tell my TBM mom about this mall, but she wasn't buying the truth.

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:41PM

I think the Mormon Church is trying to "update" and modernize its public image in anticipation of what they think may be the next (Mormon) president.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.