Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:37AM

Rock on!

Thank you.

Rock on some more!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 08:44AM

Thank you sir

Goodness, what a toothy smile you have :)

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 08:45AM

Back at ya!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 08:46AM

Let me clear something up. I am happy the nevermos post here. I just had some issues I had to work out.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 09:50AM

And it IS your board, not ours (ie. nevermos)

So it wouldn't matter anyway ;-)

I, for one, really enjoy your posts - keep 'em coming

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:24PM

you be arright in my book!!
did ya diss us in a post or sumtin?? no worries!
NEVERMOS UNITE!! :)

Posted by: peaceout2012 ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:33PM

I 100% agree! There a lot of issues to work out :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 03:33PM by peaceout2012.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 11:58AM

I love all the posters here. Even trolls except the ones I can't use for chew toys cause they taste like pee and vinegar. And I worship RJ, of course.

I so love how you have made me feel welcome. Also let's be honest... the intelligence level is a good deal above most internet message boards, even the dog ones!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:27PM

i have the mispleasure of posting on other BB's...open forums... TOO many idiots!! wow!! this is a sanctuary for some pretty good discussions!!
just sayin!!

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:01PM

Posted by: raisedbyjackmormons ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:06PM

:)

Date: March 15, 2012 12:16PM

Wow!! Didn't expect such a huge response! I really was just curious. It doesn't bother me a bit that nevermo's post. I just didn't see why they cared. I have never and will never live in Utah. I was always the lone Mormon where I live. So it was interesting to me that others seemed to care about mormons. Where I live we call utah mormons Utarards. I know that it is offensive and totally not PC, but whatever. They were the type that would cry at testimony meeting about being forced out of utah into the "mission field." Which for those of us outside of utah that term is offensive. Anyway, they would march in the meeting acting like they owned the joint bc they are from the mothership. I couldn't imagine living amoungst them all the time. At least here I can choose to not go to church but feel fairly safe going to the grocery store without being attack :)

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:18PM

PC isn't everything,

Posted by: smorg ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:25PM

Having seen photos and videos of the fabulous national parks there, though, I might like to live in Utah.... though the prospect of being surrounded by Mormon culture is a big deterrent. :o)

Date: March 15, 2012 12:33PM

OT - about the Utah Mormons thingy, I think I glimpsed what you meant a few months ago when the missionaries brought along their sister trainer, a 5th generation pioneer stock lass. She referred to herself as 'The Mormon' and carried herself like a queen. I don't know if she looked down on the non-Utah Mormons, but it was clear that the non-Utah misshies deferred to her and looked at her in awe. It was weird to behold for nonmo me. :oP I was tempted to show her this clip of Richard Feynman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61KMw5zVhg ... but didn't think she (or they) would be receptive to it.

Posted by: pc? ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:29PM

peaceout2012 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where I live we call utah
> mormons Utarards. I know that it is offensive and
> totally not PC, but whatever.

No, retarded can also mean slow. The word retard can be interchanged with the word slow in many instances.
Mentally slow people do not have the corner on the word retard. PC has nothing to do with it, however it is quite mean and I wouldn't use it myself. Don't want to feed that mean hungry wolf any more than I already do.

Date: March 15, 2012 12:23PM

Why rock alone when we can rock collectively, ay? ;o) Thanks!

Posted by: Mittens Romeny ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:35PM

For those rocking alone or collectively - I salute you!

Posted by: w ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:38PM

As a nevermo I'd like to thank you. You all help me to deal with my ubermo in-laws.

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:48PM

Why a nevermo would post? Because of up close and personal experience with LDS, Inc., that left (and continues to leave) scars. Great big, very deep and hurtful ones. Let's just say that the 'families forever' Mormons rip apart nevermo families in ways that are unforgiveable for a church that calls itself Christian. We need recovery, too.

Date: March 15, 2012 03:27PM

I hope you find it and find it here! This forum has been so hepful for me and my family as we make our way out! I think life really is just about people. People being happy for who they are and not who they are told they are supposed to be.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:53PM

Rock on, I will.

:-)

Posted by: Maggie ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:54PM

As a side note to RJ. Thank you for your book. It is the only thing my DH has read about the morg since we resigned ten years ago. He doesn't even want to see what is on this site. In between his laughter and comments he said, "Finally, someone who thinks like me." He loved it!!

Date: March 15, 2012 03:22PM

Again, I'm amazed! I grew up in the south where people hated me for being mormon. I guess I have never really understood the flip-side. The funny thing is that a good friend of mine is a lesbian. Even though I grew up LDS my parents are converts and tought me not to hate. Both of my parents had gay friends and it was not a big deal. My husband and I both were horrified by the prop 8 business in cali long before we left the church. Anyway, my friend found out I was Mormon and she asked why I hated her for being in a relationship with a woman. I assured her I didn't hate her and that I didn't agree with the church's position on prop 8. I said to her that we should be great friends because people hated her in the south for being gay and they hated me for being a mormon. Instant bond and years later we are still friends. Weird story but true. It seems to me that exmo's never having been raised in the Utah culture have some differences in their stories about being in the church and leaving the church although the reasons for leaving are ultimately the same. I remember sitting in a sacrament meeting where hate was preached during a talk. It wasn't about being gay. It was mainly for single mom's over stepping their bounds while teaching their son's about the ph. I left after sm crying. wondering why people in this church cannot be loved for who they are and for trying their very best. I should've left then. I will never forget that day. Ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 03:24PM by peaceout2012.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:34PM

The fact that non Mormons post here is evidence that something is very wrong in Zion.

Posted by: inahurry ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 04:36PM

Don Bagley Wrote:
> The fact that non Mormons post here is evidence
> that something is very wrong in Zion.

I don't understand.

Wouldn't it be the same on any other board...one devoted to Hinduism, Judaism, etc.? Would Hindu, Jewish, etc. boards be "very wrong" if non-Hindus, non-Jews, etc. posted on them?

If you're living your life "right," you always retain your curiosity and your drive to learn new things, and one of the BEST way to "learn new things" is to read the CRITICS of those "new things."

Read a board devoted to one political party (doesn't matter which) and you will learn SOME things, but read a board devoted to ANOTHER view, and you will learn far more (most of the time) than if you read just that particular group's partisan views. You learn things that would likely never be mentioned on a pro-partisan board, and you'll learn the logical and factual errors and lacunae very quickly.

Now that we have a Mormon seriously running for nomination to be President of the United States, where do you think the best information on Mormonism is to be found: on an LDS-approved board...or HERE?

I say "here."

And I'm very glad RfM exists.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 05:12PM

What he means is that Mormons think they are so amazing and that the gospel is so amazing and that Mormonism makes everyone super duper happy.

The fact that non Mormons find Mormons just infuriating enough to post on ex-Mormon boards proves that Mormonism doesn't really make anyone happier.

Self-righteous and annoying, sure.

Posted by: inahurry ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 05:40PM

Raptor Jesus Wrote:
> What he means is that Mormons think they are so
> amazing and that the gospel is so amazing and that
> Mormonism makes everyone super duper happy.
>
> The fact that non Mormons find Mormons just
> infuriating enough to post on ex-Mormon boards
> proves that Mormonism doesn't really make anyone
> happier.
>
> Self-righteous and annoying, sure.

I really didn't get what he was saying.

Thank you for explaining. :-)

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 06:39PM

Raptor Jesus totally got my point. If I were having trouble with Catholics over Catholicism I would like to express myself on an anti-Catholic board, for example.

Raptor Jesus is a man of rare insight.

Posted by: nomoinprovo ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:36PM

I read here--though rarely post--because I sometimes need ammunition to use against the conversion attempts, and I like insight into the workings of my neighbors' minds. And it's fun when they say, "Oh, but you don't know about X, it's so wonderful" and I can say "X? Oh, you mean Thus And So, and This And That?" And they go quiet and don't bother me for a while.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 04:26PM

I like having the nevermos here. If I hadn't had nevermo friends growing up, I think I might have been more screwed up than I already was.

Like another poster said, you can never have too many different perspectives. I like hearing what the nevermos have to say about the whackiness that is TSCC. After all, they didn't have to spend the day before their grandma's funeral cutting out "sacred" markings in her underwear to be burned so they definitely have a fresh POV on the cult.

Posted by: nonmoparents ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 05:09PM

Yep, I've been sucked in :-) All is good . . .

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 05:22PM

Most people are a little bit retarded, so it should not be offensive if it includes everyone.

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 05:29PM

the wackiness of Mormonism as portrayed by you, my dear ex-mos, has provided this nevermo 4 years of endless entertainment. For that, I thank you most heartily!

Posted by: nevermo ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 05:34PM

you're a class act R.J. always liked you, oh yeah, marquette just beat the lords one true college's basketball team 88-68

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 05:41PM by nevermo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.