Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 02:11AM

So one of the girls I used to go to church with just added me on Facebook, so I sent her a message saying Hey! It's been forever...we should go for a coffee sometime and catch up! (Purposely saying coffee because she always seemed on the uninterested side of the church even though her family is TBM, so I wanted to see what she'd say.)

Her response:
"Nice! I just about moved there haha but picked Westpark instead. Hmm, are you working?

Ah, thank god. It appears you've denounced the world of religion as well. Congrats haha."

LOL!
Beauty. That just made my night. I told her in that case, we need to go for a beer instead :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 02:12AM by ajhart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 09:46AM

That's a happy!

I would love to run into one of my former YW buddies if I got to learn that they'd left the church. There's one woman in particular who is a lawyer now and lives in my state, but last ward gossip I heard she was still TBM, married in the temple and working on making babies.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 11:11AM

And, it encourages the rest of us to hear stories like these!

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 01:09PM

When I was 28 years old and coming to RfM as a newbie unbeliever I was 2nd Counselor in my Ward's Bishopric. The 1st Counselor was 29 years old and in grad school wrapping up his PhD and MD degrees. During a Ward Council meeting a week before our Bishop was getting released the Bishop was out of town. Thus with the 1st Counselor in charge he started off with a speculative question to the people present on who the new Bishop would be. He and about half said it would be me. I made a big smile as I was trying to keep myself from breaking the "loud laughter" temple covenant. I had already made it pretty clear to a close co-worker who was the 1st Counselor to our SP that I definitely needed more family time and that I was very "burned out". At that point I was still struggling to admit to myself that I no longer believed and I had guys like SRM on RfM giving me a hard time over the fact that I was a RfM regular while still serving in a Bishopric. Knowing what I know now after all these years I should've flipped the bird at SRM's criticisms of me. When I was ordained a High Priest on my 28th birthday I had no f***ing clue that I'd become an Apostate before the year was over. It just happened and I had to deal with it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.