Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 09:08PM

I am in school right now...we are talking about Title VII - the anti-discriminatory hiring stuff...you can't not hire based on a ton of things, and religion is one of them. So how does the MORG get around this? I have heard before I left that you had to have a valid temple recommend to work for the MORG, especially in the Great and Spacious (ok, great and packed to the brim) office building... Is this true? I don't want to work for them, but I was wondering...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lazarus ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 10:04PM

Yep, you do need a temple recommend to work at the church - all the way down to the janitors at BYU.

http://www.choosecharity.org/titlevii_information.htm

There are two types of exemptions under Title VII. The first exemption is for religious institutions. This exemption allows any church, school, college, university, or other educational institution to hire and employ individuals of a particular religion if the institution is operated, owned, supported, and controlled by a religious corporation, or if the curriculum is intended to disperse the ideas of a particular religion. 42 U.S.C. ยง 2000e-2(e)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 10:05PM by lazarus.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 10:16PM

that way, they're 'guaranteed' a 10% kick-back...

does anyone know if they're Prohibited from sending Direct to SL, by-passing the local Tithing Police? I'll bet they are...

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 20, 2012 11:35PM

Several posters have reported that church employees' tithing is payroll-deducted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.