Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angelina5 ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 02:32PM

I don't want to leave the ward in an angry, dramatic way. I won't mind saying hi to those people once they know I am *OUT* but I want to distance myself from them, slowly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 02:39PM

I haven't deleted any of them. I have hit the ignore all posts button on a number of them.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 02:50PM

The last time I had a ward acquaintance, Mark Zuckerberg hadn't been born.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2012 02:53PM by lulu.

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 02:51PM

I'm letting them delete or ignore me. I'm distancing myself from the church not the members. I still get along fine with most of my LDS FB friends.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 02:54PM

I deleted my entire facebook (not anything to do with leaving the church, I just needed a break from facebook!) and when I remade it, I just didn't re-add any of the mormons:D it's nice to be able to post whatever I want and not have to worry about getting gossiped about or lectured for swearing, drinking pics etc.

Posted by: angelina5 ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 02:55PM

Exactly! I don't want them to know anything me and my life.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 03:05PM

When I left, Facebook hadn't been invented yet so there was no need to delete ward members. The thing I did as soon as I joined Facebook was to block my TBM ex-husband so he wouldn't somehow find me, and so Facebook wouldn't suggest him as someone I might know.

Posted by: Chris Deanna ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 03:20PM

Are you notified on FB when ward people delete YOU?

Posted by: raisedbyjackmormons ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 03:30PM

You can be notified when people delete you by adding an app called "Social Fixer". It lets you know whenever a FB friend deletes you. Without it, you'll need to look through your list for missing names.

http://socialfixer.com/

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 05:41PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 05:49PM

I've refused to set up a facebook account. So far, i'm good with it. DH has one, I look at his. He's blocked all members.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 06:01PM

Make a LIST of friends called Mormons and then exclude the Mormons from all your posts by default. From time to time post something harmless such as "I'm spending a Saturday morning drinking lemonade on the front porch."

Hmmmm that could be controversial.
1. You're supposed to be at the chapel Sat am cleaning the Lord's toilets and you don't have time to do any of this relaxing and sitting around because you're supposed to be a busy bee.
2. That lemonaid might be a bit fermented with alcohol and now you're an evil apostate alcoholic for sure w/o any chance of the Spirit getting through.

OK just write "I'm driving in traffic today on my way to the grocery store to buy some lettuce for my salad."

My point is that you don't need to delete anyone. Just block them from anything new you post by default.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 06:30PM

I occasionally get added by some Mormon from my past. After a few weeks or months of silence, they eventually unfriend me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.