Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Longtime lurker ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 07:12PM

Ok, this may gross people out but I think it's funny. Back when my wife and I were engaged, we were acting like adults doing normal things that made us happy ( read "breaking the commandments").

I may have been stupid enough to divulge my finances to them, but those particular details were my business and mine alone. That means when I was asked to perform sacrament blessings I wasn't quite retarded enough to say no and admit why.

I used to feel horrible about this, but as I knelt there waiting for the prayers to finish I couldn't stop sniffing my stinky fingers. Dont worry, my hands were clean; I just couldn't get the smell off the next morning. I remember feeling like such a fraud. Now it's one of the only happy memories from back then because it makes me laugh at how embarrassed I was.

Anyone else have weird mo-ments they can't believe was a problem at the time?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 07:22PM

What?

Having sex while presenting yourself to the world as chaste?

HOW DISGUSTING. You don't deserve to be a member of a church started by our illustrious prophet, Joseph Smith.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 07:23PM

Thanks for washing your hands :)

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 11:26PM

Stinky fingers...aka monkey finger....

He wasn't using enough soap to wash his hands then....

Hope you all (then) enjoyed the sacrament...:)

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 04:44AM

I'm thinking that if your fingers were stinky, you weren't putting them where you thought you were.

Date: March 21, 2012 07:27PM

I know! A grown man having sex, I was such a douche. I have my suspicions that my hands were the cleanest at the table, smell and all.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 10:22PM

My weird mo-moment wasn't as fun as yours but my overreaction was as out of proportion to the "sin". In Spain, everyone you know kisses you on the cheek instead of shaking your hand. On my mission, dodging the guys kisses was required by the MP but not always something we were able to pull off without offending the heck out of Spaniards who didn't know Mormon rules. In my last area, there were a fun group of young adults who I had met when I was in my first area and had known my whole mission. One was a rather cute Spanish guy who was LDS and said to me the last night I was there "No hermana, I've known you for over a year and you are leaving for America tomorrow. I'm not shaking your hand. I'm going to give you a beso." And he promptly kissed me on both cheeks.

Even though he meant it as a friend and we were never more than friends, I was soooo stressed out that I'd broken a major mission rule. It wasn't til the next evening, when I had my exit interview with the MP and could see he was trying not to laugh at my "confession" that I started to feel better. He told me not to worry about it, these things happen and then he sent me on my way. Even at the time, I was mad I'd spent my last day in Spain stressing so much about something so stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2012 10:25PM by CA girl.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 10:31PM

Oh yeahhhh, Whenever I was asked to give the prayer, I always found a reason to NOT give it, or I would make someone else do it. AND, whats up with that stupid arm folding? I wanted to laugh my butt off sooo many times! That just looked stupid!

Date: March 21, 2012 10:52PM

Your cheek-kissing story reminds me of when missionaries would hang around the entrance to the gym because people were playing music. They weren't allowed in the gym to participate in the activities, but this was the only way they could listen to music (by "accident") without getting in trouble.

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 11:01PM

Now I know why the bread had a funny taste to it. Ha! Ha!

Posted by: Jeezus ( )
Date: March 21, 2012 11:04PM

in a tuna sandwich kind of way...

Posted by: Elaine Dalton ( )
Date: March 22, 2012 04:51AM

Hahaha nasty.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.