Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 08:06PM

I didn't see this posted so sorry if it's a duplicate but did you see that the couple from the video where the girl can't figure out how long it takes to go 80 miles at 80 MPH were on Good Morning America? He is still calling what he did to his wife "a little teasing" and while she was really mad, she seems to still think it was "a little thing" that shouldn't effect her relationship with her husband. Sorry, but I think it's a big red flag about the character of the man she married, who dismisses her humiliation as the result of a bit of teasing that shouldn't be such a big deal.

Good luck with that. Here's the link:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/utah-husband-posts-video-wife-stumped-mph-math-115935562--abc-news.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 08:25PM

I wouldn't post it on youtube, but I would make sure to tease her about it from time to time.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 09:05PM

But he definitely has that Prince of Utah air about him.

Today we will humiliate our subjects.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 09:11PM

as others seem to have. I would never post anything to Youtube--but even if I consider myself fairly intelligent, I have my moments.

Now--my daughter--who has straight As in college, she has moments that her boss in Alaska has even named--revised her name with "duh" at the end--ditzy moments. She has a t-shirt they made her that she proudly wears with that name on it. We get a huge laugh out of them. I did something last week that still has my boyfriend, ex, and my daughter chuckling--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 09:12PM by cl2.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 09:14PM

Hubby has nice teeth.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 09:17PM

He is the ultimate douche lord. She's a pretty moron.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 23, 2012 10:03PM

Well, that kind of summed it up.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 01:59AM

He's an arrogant jerk. Posting that was mean-spirited. He doesn't respect her. Jerk.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 02:19AM

they got talk about more interesting stuff then that. and this went viral, so very shallow. the news networks must be desperate

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 04:02AM

I think that it was in bad form to publicly humiliate her, but keep in mind that we are generally middle aged on here, and young people way overshare everything now days. So it might not feel quite as bad to her, as it would to us.

That said, I had one LDS girlfriend who had a really ditzy moment of her own. She was in her late forties at the time and in a conversation it came out that she didn’t know that a nuclear bomb had ever been used!

When I freaked out, she was equally shocked that I was freaking out that she didn’t know one simple fact. I told her it wasn’t just that she didn’t know one simple fact; it was everything else that she would have to not know. Such as how WWII ended, the Manhattan Project, the Enola Gay, a bomb named Little Boy, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, etc. etc.

We weren’t just young kids. We lived through the heart of the Cold War.

It was amazing to me, but I never publically humiliated her over it. I didn’t even rib her about it once the initial shock and conversation ended.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 05:49AM

sorry, but the dumb bell rings even louder in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtWp4pyvGY

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 09:06AM

That he thinks so little of his wife that he would post that for a laugh. :-(

Posted by: MadameRadness ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 12:42PM

...is how fucking stupid she is.

If I had to listen to THAT for eternity, I might be a little arrogant myself.

But then, I would have never married someone who doesn't know what MILES PER HOUR means.

Posted by: l2 ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 01:08PM

Posted by: MadameRadness ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 05:40PM

Did I not mention how I wouldn't have married someone so brainless?

Oh, wait. I did

He is just as dumb for marrying someone who is such a twit. I have no sympathy for stupid people. If we weren't so accepting of idiots in this culture, perhaps there would be less of them. I am not saying you have to be brilliant. Just not an idiot.

She is a college student for fuck's sake. How do you make it past the third grade with such terrible logic skills?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.