Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ktay ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 07:27PM

Him and his wife were arguing over the amount of Cadbury eggs they should buy. I looked him up on my iPhone and sure enough, it really was him. His wife was in one of those motorized shopping carts and he looks thinner than pics I've seen.

I wondered if other Mormons saw them in their little argument too. I don't think they were being the best of examples. Lol.

A few months ago, I would have been super duper excited about seeing him before I found out the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 07:49PM

You should have recorded it and posted it on youtube...it would have been funny.

BTW, were they just discussing the eggs or were they getting snarky with each other?

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 07:55PM

were going to say he was getting a Starbucks.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 07:56PM

He reminds me of my dad. I see the capacity for great fits of anger from that dude, when alone. Vein in forehead, that kinda action.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 07:57PM

That's some family HOME evening their having!

And why does he get to celebrate Easter? Hope his conference talk
isn't about how evil the easter bunny and and easter eggs are. That wouldn't look too good would it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 08:08PM by Mia.

Date: March 26, 2012 08:10PM

It was just a little snarky. But they weren't loud at all. They were arguing in hushed tones. Could see a little tension though.

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 08:28PM

Why? You can't have a disagreement and a little tension in a good marriage? IMO the best marriages will have some; otherwise one spouse is dominating another.

Did you read and believe Hinckley's biography that they never argued?

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 03:08AM

ronas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you read and believe Hinckley's biography that
> they never argued?

of a patient I had (not Mormon). She was trying to figure out why she was depressed and as she explored that she just couldn't seem to figure it out.

When I asked her about home and relationships and specifically with her husband she said, "Oh my husband is wonderful. We NEVER even argue."

I asked, "Do you talk?"

She actually smiled when she realized what that meant. On the brink of divorce? No. Some communication problems? Yes. Other issues in her life? Yes.

She was a "peace at any price" and came from a background where she had not learned that anger is a natural emotion.

It is usually a "red flag" when I hear someone say they never argue or have a disagreement.

Just my MOO

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 11:40AM

Why not? They believe whatever the leaders tell them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 07:09PM by WiserWomanNow.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 08:26PM

Is his wife disabled in some way? Just wondered about the motorized cart.

Date: March 26, 2012 09:16PM

I was wondering if she was disabled too. Maybe she's just too old. I think he's 79 or something.

Posted by: J. Chan ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 01:51AM

Date: March 27, 2012 01:52AM

Maybe she's paralyzed or tires easily. She did look a lot younger than him but he looks pretty good for his age too.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 10:48AM

He is probably thinking that if he is going to give chocolate to the grandkids it should be from a mormon candy maker like Cummings or See's.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 07:49PM

helemon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is probably thinking that if he is going to
> give chocolate to the grandkids it should be from
> a mormon candy maker like Cummings or See's.

Since when are See's mormon? I'm curious, because I'm a See and my family is nevermo.

Susan

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 09:34AM

If he deigned to talk to you, what would you say? Would you dare call him the ass you think he is? I always hope I'll run into one of these twits so that I can speak my mind.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 11:31AM

Oaks and his wife lived in the ward my then-husband and I attended after returning from Boston for graduate school. We would participate in some of the worst-taught Gospel Doctrine lessons by another member. Nothing, by the way, would ever compare to the awesome Gospel Doctrine lessons taught in the ward in Cambridge, MA (but that's another story).

This was a time in our lives where we were seriously looking at the contradictions in the Mormon faith and doctrine. Dallin Oaks helped us out. In Sacrament, one Sunday, he and his wife sat behind us. We heard him whisper to another male, "That was the best Gospel Doctrine lesson I've ever heard." Instead of looking at each other in a knowing manner, we squeezed our hands and looked down.

My then-husband said, "If that's the best lesson he's ever seen, something's wrong and it ain't us."

By the way, earlier in our stay when I gave my testimony in that ward, he shook my hand and thanked me for it.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 12:07PM

Did he use the PH shtick to win/end the discussion?

How many Cadbury eggs? Not Worth my time...

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 07:26PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.