Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 04:53PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EVtPkafbcQ

(the rest can be found via the first vid)

Thank you to whoever did this!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tytytytytytty ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 04:56PM

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:18PM

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:24PM

Elder Holland looks like he wants to crawl *under* the Book of Mormon on the desk in front of him. I wonder if it was Hyrum Smith's original copy?

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:28PM

He really didn't represent the church well, did he?

Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:39PM

He came across kinda dodo'ish...

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:40PM

holy shit, he confronted one of the 12 about the BOA.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:43PM

I'm into the 2nd part now. Thanks for posting this, pasta woman. ;)

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 11:36PM

Well, Jeff Holland, you actually did and do seem like a "Do do!"

For all their money, LDS Inc. keeps failing miserably!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:43PM

This is going to be good.

Posted by: romy ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:49PM

thanks to the poster of this topic and the poster of the video. I am off to watch it before it gets TSSC PR bullied off of youtube.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:52PM

"This is my first polygamous cookie, and I must say it's rather good." :)

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:57PM

Wow. Holland came off as a liar and a hostile one at that. It's not good when the people who looked the most normal are the exmos and the polygamists!

Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 06:07PM

This BBC journalist didn't pull any punches with Elder Holland.

One of the top 15 con men of the Mormon cult on display for all to observe and listen to. What a phony old company man.

Purdy was really bad too. Duh...I've heard of Strengthing the Members Committee but I don't know anything about it!

What a Mormon media dept loser. Duh..I'm just really brainwashed.

Pitiful COB religious whackjobs the both of them. Glad I'm out.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 06:08PM

Holland came off as a total non-believer, just a shill. Pathetic!

Posted by: Birdie2 ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 12:00AM

Holland's a goon. And to think I used to admire him, when I was a young brainwashed and very naive idiot.

I love how opposite to pure in heart the Mormon hierarchy are, all dressed in fancy suits in fancy offices etc? Just so... corporate!

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 09:12PM

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 06:00PM

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 06:58PM

I watched it and liked the snippets of Park Romney so I searched him in YouTube and found "Park Romney on same sex marriage" Part I, II and III, so I'm on to another YouTube watch ..

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 07:02PM

I watched all six parts and love it.

Posted by: hannah ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 07:52PM

Watching people embarrassing themselves is very uncomfortable for me. I can't watch the first episodes of American Idol for this reason. I had to keep pausing the video when Holland was being interviewed. Oh my!

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 10:09PM

It was very painful to watch Holland, and I didn't think that the questions were that difficult. I think they could have been even more embarrassing. He looked like an idiot and they let him off easy.

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 07:57PM

I do wish Mr. Sweeney had pushed a bit more on the whole shunning thing. And asked him to explain more about parents not being able to see their children married. I would love to have watch Holland squirm on that one.

Thanks, Spaghetti Oh for the link!

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 08:47PM

that was everything i hoped it would be!

i wonder if holland is going to have another "crawl around the book of mormon" moment at conference...

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 09:20PM

He had questions and comments about the temple, masonic rituals, shunning (like what happens, and happened to me and others when they get married in the temple and their family members can't attend), why the PR guy would lie and then admit to knowing about Strengthening the Church Committee, BoA, polygamists seeming normal, and thought it was cool to see the church and the room where Recovery meetings are held. My son also asked, "How do you ask someone to give up their child?"

As for my thoughts: Holland was embarrassing to watch. He seemed defensive for most of the interview, never comfortable and never believable. I couldn't believe he asked Holland about the BoA and that Holland said, "Osama," then had to correct himself, "I mean, President Obama." Oh. My. God. That was bad.

Thanks for posting it on YouTube. Wonder if it'll be taken down or if this will go national in the U.S.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 10:00PM

And this is somebody who is just two offices away from the Lord God Almighty Himself. He comes off as the businessman that he is - no wisdom to impart, nothing. He is not warm or gracious or anything of the sort. He's just a ham-handed knucklehead.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 09:42PM

Nothing could be further from the truth. My boyfriend's family pressured him to break off our engagement because of all the wacky Mormon racist stuff. Perhaps it's no different from racist Southern Baptists but Mia Love is the exception, not the rule.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 10:36PM

We had a really intense discussion during vacation recently about every single issue highlighted in the documentary. He DID NOT BELIEVE ME when I described the death oaths Romney had to have taken in the 1960's before he went on his mission to France. (DH went through the temple post-1990).

And then, there it was! The death oaths. In living color!! I'm not a liar. And I'm not "brainwashed by crazy, anti-Mormon lies on the internet!"

But, honestly, didn't Jeff Ricks look spooked when asked by the journalist to demonstrate the actual penalties? (He was surrounded by Mormons in a restaurant). For those who don't know, Jeff is the founder of Postmormon.org. I've actually met him, and the dude is not the least bit shy or reticent. He blasts his post-mo views all over the internet.

But why was he so hesitant to expose one of the creepiest aspects of the Temple ceremony to the world? DH and I had a discussion about that. My personal take is that some small part of Jeff's brain still has an automatic brainwashing trigger from the Temple rituals and, for a few awkward seconds, he couldn't overcome that fear.

But in reality (and this is the answer I gave JackMo), I think he was probably scared that the Strengthening the Members Committee would come after him for blabbing Temple secrets. Hell, I'd be afraid of the "Danites," too if I were him! I mean, even Jeffrey Holland and that PR guy openly admitted that the Committee exists.

Poor Jeff. Now he'll have to constantly look over his shoulder until the November presidential election.

Oh! And can I just say how much I absolutely love Park Romney! He's my new cyber crush. Park tells it like it is, d@mn the consequences. He's not scared of sh!t.

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 10:49PM

i know exactly what you mean about the death oaths

my TBM mother totally lied to me about never doing any of that - this was years ago when all the mormons wanted to know my 'issues' - now we don't talk church at all

wonder what she'd think about our conversation if she saw a clip of holland admitting to it publicly

this admission from a GA is pure gold for us - seriously, 'your church used to make people pretend to kill themselves' is all that needs to be said anymore...

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 12:39AM

Jeff knows that there are plenty of wacko Mormons who might take you out if they saw you revealing God's deepest temple oaths. Think about it--

You promised to allow someone to kill you if you told. And he's standing right there giving a video interview showing the slashing?

How do you know some nutjob isn't going to hear the voice of Moriancumer saying "Cut.Off.His.Head.

Think Lafferties. Jeff is smart to be careful and I'd advise us all to do the same.

Anagrammy

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 10:58PM

Wonderful

Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 12:33AM

...applies to the People. Clearly, the Xians showed that they are going to use a religious test for government office.

'Course, if someone said to them, "I won't vote for Santorum because he's a Xian," they'd scream bloody murder!

And Jeff H. exposed the facts about the Strengthening the Family program which I bet he wished he hadn't, particularly when he said, "I'm not an idiot!"

Clearly, exposing the StF made the rest of the Big 15 think he was!

Oh, Jeff! Your mendacity has been exposed!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 12:42AM

Park Romney -- like Park City, he's the Romney for the normal world.

:)

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.