Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Marcionite ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 09:38PM

Don't you think this should be shared with our face book friends?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws4vgihE3Q0&feature=youtu.be

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 10:11PM

No, we have members leaving the church everyday. And we don't even kill them anymore.

Posted by: m ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:03PM

from the comments.... hhhmmmmmmm maybe

50 secs in - When asked on MItt Romney doing his Temple disembowelling Penalty Oaths.

BBC REPORTERIs that True?

JEFF HOLLAND : Thats NOT True, Thats NOT True. We Do NOT have Penalties in the Temple.

BBC You used to?

JEFF HOLLAND: We used to.

Was Holland initially thinking of his own death oaths he had made in the temple suffering his own throat to be slit and guts slashed or whatever by not revealing the correct answer initially?

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:17PM

This is by far the most damning video to come out in the last year and strangely, I don't give a damn about it anymore. Those who will jump off the ship will get off the ship ... nothing will stop this thing from sinking.

Posted by: romy ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:22PM

I actually feel kind of bad for the guy, I think he is over it but stuck trying to still pull off his duties for lds inc.

As some others have said it seems he is overcompensating at times and looks like he is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:25PM

Man to these GA's look lie a deer in headlights when they are being interviewed by the regular press. They stand up there all big and confident at General Conference in front of their captive audience but alone with the big bad BBC they are scared little boys.

Holland looks like he's going "Oh shit. Why me? Why can't Uchtorf handle this. He looks better on camera."

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:31PM

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:27PM

Posted by: romy ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:37PM

what does that mean?

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:47PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,439575,442754

Truth sometimes has penalties. Pun intended.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:38AM

Every other "authority" is disposable.
Seventies are eventually released and made "emeritus".
With anyone but apostles, the church can cover up their release as "due to health problems" like they did with Paul H. Dunn, or as a regularly scheduled retirement, like Jensen (not the first church historian suspected of being fired...Leonard Arrington likely was too).
But apostles are problematic because they are called for life, supposedly by the Lord Himself. The only way apostles are unapostled is by excommunication, and it hasn't happened in recent memory.
The apostasy of an apostle in todays church, which is accustomed to stability, would be seismic.

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:37PM

In front of a TelePrompTer he's cool calm and collective and a Mormon superstar!

Behind his big scripture covered desk he's an uncomfortable squirming liar who is forced to back track and stumble on the truth. As if saying we use to slit our throats and disembowel ourselves makes it ok and normal. We are normal now because we changed that.
I used to pantomime slitting my throat and I'm a Mormon!

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:45PM

Watch for them to release a PR statement on the Friday before conference stating Holland suffered a minor stroke and parade him in a wheel chair on the stand os saturday showing him acting semi incapacitated. Then Monson will get up and pronounce him moved to emeritus status due to his health and call the chief mall architect as the newest member of the quorum of the twelve.

Quorum conspiracy theorists unite!

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:06AM

4 days a year jeffrey is big sh!t

the other 361 days he's an angry old man yelling at clouds

this sort of thing really pissed me off as a missionary - here i was for over 700 days straight testifying my ass off to anyone that would listen and (at that time it was hinckley and all of his "i don't know" bs) these guys sit up in their ivory tower and don't do jack sh!t as far as missionary work

really, god's apostles can't handle talking to non-members???

i know i noticed this as a TBM and i hope this holland thing does get spread around because it might just motivate some of the 'on the fence' crowd to stop propping up these clowns

gah, i need a run...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 12:52AM

"Guard against Polygs"?
I don't know what that means

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:06AM

So...the Church has a special team to protect the Church from people practicing a doctrine it lived up to 1904 and that is still taught as doctrine today.

What?

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:20AM

Posted by: delt1995 ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:24AM

so simple and beautiful: One of the top mormon leaders repeatedly insists he is not stupid; because on the surface the entire church and all it's history, sounds like cult and a series of scams played on foolish and weak people.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:36AM

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:45AM

The problem is all the wrong people are seeing this video. That needs to be changed. ;)

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:54AM

I think its a great video for TBM's because it shows how UNINSPIRED the GA's really are, particularly when they aren't in front of telepromptors reading their own choreographed script. When they are put on the spot they completely fall apart. The responses by Holland were epic fails. You'd think being an apostle of the Lord and his true representative on Earth he would be full of the spirit confounding the heathen interviewer, but nope, he looks like an awkward fool with something to hide.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:58AM

WHY does Holland fall back on his academic credentials? When he is supposed to be an agent of God empowered by divine authority as a supposed *apostle* of Jesus Christ!

When Christ commissioned the ORIGINAL apostles to preach, JC gave them divine power to witness by the power of the holy ghost, JC did not say to them to stress that they had a pretty good traditional education at a fairly respectable school, that they should be respected for, & therefor not considered dodo' s .....or the Hebrew equivalent of Dodos,what ever that is!

(and I am saying this as an atheist, who gets the Xtian narrative better than MORmONS do as the LDS insist they are xtians while blaspheming and crapping on xtian conventions)

MORmONS!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 02:49AM

Yes, I thought so called academics were a danger to the Church?

Posted by: Tori ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 03:26AM

He might have a degree from Yale, but he can't tell you at the first attempt who the President is.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.