Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 12:20AM

The Church believes that everybody should be given the chance to accept Mormon baptism. To be even handed shouldn't they also give everybody the chance to resign?

What about this children who were born into the Church. We're baptised but died before reaching the age where they could make the decision to resign?

Posthumous Resignation...coming to a temple near you...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 12:41AM

Love the idea!

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 01:02AM

But it is more fun to perform excommunications for the dead.

‘Sister Kelly Ann Young,having been commissioned of Joseph Smith, I commit adultery with you, for and in behalf of Rachel Swanson, who is dead, in the name of the Halter, and of the Buns, and of the Holy Breast, Amen.’

Posted by: exmo99 ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 09:09AM

I've actually thought this was a great idea before.

BIL is talking to me about someone that's passed on and off-handed says well, they're ok because I've done their temple work for them and now they know the truth.

Then I follow up with, yeah and since they really needed the choice I performed a posthumous resignation because your "truth" is a farce.

the looks on the faces....

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 10:04AM

Of course, we'll add an extra field in genealogy files showing when and where the resignation ordinance was performed and pass it along to all our friends and family. No reason for them to be offended, because the person has the opportunity to accept or reject it. We'll just talk about it as if the person had wanted it all along.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.