Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: acerbicone ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 04:58PM

Its telling that the mission is at the bottom of that so called piece of art.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 04:59PM

"Hi Rose, thanks for stopping by! I would have love to have put Faith in God and the Duty to God on the board, but my son did not earn them. So...I made the board according to what my son had accomplished because I made the board after the fact. But, I did include the two on my younger three sons' boards. You could make the board with paper and mod-podge too! :)"

hee-hee

So the board is sort of a goal after the fact goal - my goals are whatever happened. Kind of like prophecy...

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:25PM

Apparently, she didn't like Rose's comment & her own response. When I clicked the link, both had been removed!

Posted by: sdee ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:29PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 11:41PM by sdee.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:33PM

and just think, she could continue this!

Marriage
Daddy
High priest
Bishop
stake president
regional rep
2nd endowment
Gen authority
Buried in temple clothes/bakers hat and green apron
Eternity in the celestial kingdom
Celestial Marriage to 100 wives.
I am a GOD!!!!!
YAY!!!!

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:35PM

umm...sorry, no more godhood, now TBM's just aspire to be LIKE god.

and you are never, ever, ever, getting a planet. It has never been taught nosiree bob.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:56PM

.....I could be a goddess or at least a priestess.

I have already bought the material for the dress!! (stomp)

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:11PM

So then, after the mission, is she going make another one with a list like "Return and marry a girl you've known for 2 weeks", "live in your parents basement while going to the Y and having two kids after your new bride drops out of the Y", "Have 6 more kids, get called to be bishop and barely see them for a couple of years"

Class, continue.....

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:13PM

Ok! so overuse of !!!!!! in all the comments is mandatory. And if someone is not absolutely 100% bubbly and upbeat about her oh so terrific idea she will always say:

"Thanks for stopping by!"

Which is mormon code for:

"Get the fuck out and don't come back!!!:):):)"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 05:13PM by icanseethelight.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:20PM

lol exactly. and then she pops another prozac and gets right on making those other "boreds", I mean guilt machines, I mean boards.

>
> "Thanks for stopping by!"
>
> Which is mormon code for:
>
> "Get the fuck out and don't come back!!!:):):)"

Date: March 30, 2012 05:23PM

I'm pretty active in the Mormon-mom blogging world. I know a couple of different women who end every, single, sentence with an exclamation point. I had to stop reading them because it stressed me out.

(I'm not suggesting that the overuse of !s is a Mormon thing, just that the 2 most inflamed cases of it that I've ever seen have been Mormon women.)

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:31PM

If that is the highlight of her month then she has got to be one of the women who will gush about how "wonderful" each and every second of the upcoming conference is going to be.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:38PM

I tried posting on her page, but it doesn't accept my comments... Hmmm

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:46PM

I have a feeling her comments will be "closed" by the end of the day if not sooner lol

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 05:53PM

Well, that was a painful read. And the number of photos of that board, talk about obsession. [exclamation mark appropriate here, but the crazed mormon mom used them all]

Eagle Scout. Oh, dear. The Boy Scouts as a guilt cudgel ... again. And do we think that including Eagle Scout as one of the items on such a list will encourage the do-little-but-check-it-off syndrome rampant in mormon-led Boy Scout troops? Yes, we do.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 06:05PM

The poor kids on the receiving end of this crap. No pressure there. I didn't see a spot for free agency. If these boys don't want to go on a mission, it's going to get ugly in that household.

Too bad she isn't putting all this energy into developing THEIR talents and interests. It probably hasn't even occurred to her that they may have some better of different ideas than hers.

My impression is that she's a mormon narcissist. Wow, I've been using that N word a lot lately.

Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 06:54PM

I usually don't bother to comment on those types of things, but today I couldn't resist and left my own...

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 07:39PM

Her youngest son (according to her) has no fear of consequences. That should be interesting as he turns into a teen. I'm sure she will do everything in her power to try and banish that trait before he's 10.

Date: March 30, 2012 07:45PM

Oooh snap.

I'm surely not on a personal mission to deconstruct the Church....

but Pinterest/Mormon blogs could be a great vehicle. I think I'll continue to share all the annoying pins I see on a daily basis, if others will promise to continue posting informative comments on their blogs.

Posted by: womanoftheworld ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 08:02PM

I hate those crafty people. They're so...crafty! All that vinyl makes we wanna barf.

Date: March 31, 2012 12:05AM

+1

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 08:05PM

It's telling that there are a few very important steps missing on this progress report:

Finish High School/Begin Higher Education
Get a Job
Open Your Own Bank Account/Learn to Manage your Finances

Nothing on her list actually prepares her kids for adult life. It's all Mormon roleplaying, from scouts to clerics to various wizarding classes. Childish bullshit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 08:10PM by homo sapiens maximus.

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: March 30, 2012 11:36PM

Hey look they edited the comments to only include the ones gushing about it.

It just feels so Mormonny...

Posted by: anononthisone ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 12:03AM

So, I commented under her about me section instead. Probably not the right thing to do, but I'm sure she will delete it too.

Date: March 31, 2012 12:07AM

Loved it!

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 12:53AM

To me it was a bunch of look how wonderful we are goals, nothing about being happy, nothing about being a decent human being, and nothing about being yourself. Did i miss those things or were they not mentioned?

Posted by: Hotel California ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:07AM

Yeah, writing down your goals is a great idea, but aren't YOU supposed to be the one to do it -- not your mommy. "Here honey, these are your life goals (chosen by me)super-sized, mounted on the wall, and photographed for the entire Internet."

Jeez...no pressure there.

I really wanted to leave a snarky comment, but the comments were closed...bummer.

Oh well, thanks for stopping by!

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 08:17AM

I feel kind of sorry for anyone whose parents have a predetermined list of tasks for them to complete by a certain age. I wonder what that mom is going to do if one of those kids decides to veer from her plans for them...

Posted by: anononthisone ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:04AM

Wow, that was fast. She deleted my comment already. Nothing there but the gushy stuff.

http://lvcraftygirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/about-me.html

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:58AM

Now appearing on the front page of her blog:

It seems as though some people, with different views than mine, have decided to make comments on my blog concerning the religious beliefs that I hold. First off, to those readers that take time out of your busy life to visit my blog, I am sorry if you read any of those negative comments.

What I blog about is for me. It is for my family. It is for my friends. I have never asked anyone to follow or read my blog. If your beliefs are different than mine, that is great - keep your beliefs and I will keep mine.

It makes me very sad that there are mean people in this world.

This is just too hard to resist. Should we start posting links to JOD and BOA official sources to reassure her of our pure intentions?

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 03:35AM

"It makes me very sad that there are mean people in this world."

Um . . . I sort of agree on this. I kind of winced at this post in the first place because it does feel kind of malicious. I'm guilty of posting my own vented frustrations and pain over the way I'm treated by Mormons where I live. I have gained a lot of positive insight from RfM, but lately I've been getting a sick feeling when it comes to posts like this. It's probably hypocritical of me, but don't you think this is kind of attacking someone undeserving of it? I'm well aware of the toxic atmosphere within the Mormon culture, and I know you're trying to help her notice things based on your own legitimate experiences (and maybe she'll benefit and become enlghtened in her own search of truth that she's ready for and works for her from this webpage), but when I look at people trying to raise a family and write a blog about their family and then see people attacking and mocking them, I sometimes wonder if any of this is worth it, and to just take what I need from this place, and walk away.

Some of the posts don't feel very constructive, and I'm guily of leaving a few of my own negative comments and posts here.

Maybe I need to take a serious look of my own hypocracy, and show some empathy like anagrammy mentioned in her shunning posts. Show them your truth with respect.

If you by some fluke happen to see this, Crafty Girl Irene, I'm sorry. I never had a problem with the Mormon religion because to me it's just another religion out there--good or bad. My issues have always been with the Mormon culture. I hope you are doing well, and I hope you can gain some insight from this webpage and find your own truths that work for you.

Signed,

A hypocrite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 03:38AM by happyexmormon.

Posted by: mormonimposter ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 04:02AM

I found this thread too late, the post has already been taken down...

...so I googled it, and found it, because nothing on the internet ever goes away permanently.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:D5KdQVrZMZwJ:lvcraftygirls.blogspot.com/2011/06/called-to-serve_01.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

(you're welcome!)

Posted by: Hane ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 08:29AM

Tried clicking the original link, and it seems to be gone, baby, gone. I guess she must have melted down after having had to explain, for the umpteenth time, how her failure of a son didn't achieve those Faith in God and Duty to God thingies, and how, NO, becoming an Eagle Scout ISN'T a pre-requisite for going on a mission.

Nope--no pressure on her kids there. None at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.