Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ktay ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 12:59PM

Just learned from General Conference that the reason why we all fell away is because we were "never truly converted to the gospel" in the first place. Makes me kinda sick. The church can find a way to cover anything up. That's how they will continue to perpetuate the lie and keep their tbm's from questioning. Already knew this, but hearing it in GC really pissed me off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:28PM

Gag! Lol

Maybe I wasn't ever truly converted... maybe I was just too smart to fully fall 100% for their bullsh*t. :-)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:31PM

That's the answer we need to give them - "Yeah, I was never dumb enough to completely fall for that BS. I think most members are the same - that's why they are so desperate to convince themselves it's true because of their feelings."

Posted by: Elizabeth, my temple name ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:31PM

Not being fully converted after 60 years of total activity, various Presidency callings, total committment, temple marriage, BYU graduate, Gospel Doctrine teacher, etc??

I was never truly converted to the gospel AFTER I discovered the truth to the origins of the lds church. His statement means if we are truly converted we won't look at the foundation of the church from any other source but what is fed to us through authorized church materials.

When we find out the truth and decide to leave, we weren't truly converted to the gospel in the first place. Nice herring.

The blame for leaving the church always falls on the head of the member. The church must be protected at all costs and justify the continuing loss of members by saying 'those were never truly converted to the gospel in the first place'.

Now another speaker is discussing 'sacrifice'. Sacrificing to go to the temple - another sad story of a poor member working to finally attend the temple far away. "Sacrifice time and means as part of our schooling for eternity."

Glad to know sacrifice is eternal and never ending. Doesn't sound much like the concept of heaven to me.

Its like watching a train wreck. I just can't take my eyes away from it.
So nice to listen from the other side of belief, and even more enlightening. For those of you who listen to Conference, do you find that you listen with more insight and knowledge than the believing members? Strange, but true in my observation.

In some ways I still have to justify to myself my decision to leave the lds religion. Listening to Conference always does that for me. How in the world did I believe and obey for so many years?! BIC. Get them into the 'tribe' when they are young.

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:32PM

That's BS all over its face. Many very knowledgable and true believer BICs with very high 'callings' have left this organization.

And as for converts, how can a person be "truly converted" if the 'church' insists on giving 'milk before meat' before commiting them to baptism? They DON'T want the converts to have full knowledge of the gospel when they join.

More insanity and stupidity from LDS Corp.

Posted by: romy ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:32PM

I hadn't checked out much of it but I did catch that guy. Also, oooooh, your so bad guy for swinging around the temple grounds as a kid.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:36PM

And how the hell would they know?

There was a time when I was probably the most converted person in the room. The problem being I was converted to a false religion.

It's not too difficult to become de-converted in a very short time when you find out you're being lied to. How dare they tell people I wasn't converted.

They thought I was converted enough to get baptized, go to their precious temple, give them my son for a mission, give them my money, time, and energy. They thought I was converted enough to teach them and their children. They thought I was converted enough to seal me to a slew of people, to call my husband to high callings.

Just how do they define conversion? This is just another way to insult people who are onto them.

Posted by: womanoftheworld ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:38PM

He's right, I never bought it hook, line, and sinker. The BOM always seemed so cheesy, verily, verily, I say unto thee, I was never committed and fell away. I'm going to turn it on now for kicks.

Date: March 31, 2012 01:38PM

+100 to all of you. I was fully "converted" at one point for sure, but opening my mind a little and doing some research helped me realize the bs of the church really fast! Those bastards.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 01:57PM

It really only takes a few minutes to see and KNOW TSCC is a fraud if only people look into it but they don't out of fear TSCC instills into them, (I.e. its of the devil, never doubt, etc.) Then if you do, and you find something unsettling they feel guilty as they are taught to do when they look at something they are told is bad. Guilt doesn't feel good so they associate it with evil aka: the devil. One thing that started me out was that I realized I was taught/conditioned to feel guilty for thing that I knew weren't really wrong or bad. Haha. That can't be right ;-)

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:30PM

Those who stay despite all their doubts are the valiant and approved ones, those who leave are not and never were.

I don't know the name of the geezer who said it and I don't care. I have no intention of even peeking in this year, but he/she/it is dead wrong...as usual.

Posted by: order66 ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:33PM

Whose talk said that?

Date: March 31, 2012 02:45PM

I'm not sure who he was. I didn't recognize him. Probably part of the 70 or whatever. He looked like a giant douche bag, just like all of them do....haha

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:36PM

And what about all the returned missionaries -- like me -- who now don't believe in Mormonism. What would cause them to serve missions for a church they don't believe in. Is the Mormon church admitting to coersion?

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:41PM

They have to say that but the sad thing is, the sheeple believe that crap. It makes me so angry. I believed with all my heart and soul, I loved the church beyond description. It felt like my heart broke into a thousand pieces when I realised it wasn't 'true'. Those bastards, how dare they say I was never truly converted.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:49PM

I was BIC and was "never truly converted" so they're not entirely wrong. The sad thing is that my parents will now blame themselves for failing to "convert" me. Replace "convert" with "brainwash" and it makes complete sense.

Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 02:55PM

Yeah, as a convert some doctrine (okay...LOTS of it) really made no sense to me and when I stopped trying to make it work- as if I could- I left! I feel so much better now!

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 03:15PM

I wish! It would have saved a load of heartache!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 03:19PM

Besides, it's a sour grapes excuse, like when one person says, "I'm not into Madonna anymore," and another replying, "Oh yeah? Well, you were never a TRUE fan anyway." Such a mature argument.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.