Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quoththeraven ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 09:28PM

What do you want to happen to the Mormon Church? Do you want it to End? Do you want to see it go Extinct like the ancient religions of the Greeks and the Egyptians, or do you merely want to see it Change?

Everyone who reads this website must realize by now that the Mormon Church is dying – it has been mortally wounded. The Threat of the Mormon Dogma sweeping over the Earth has been neutralized; it will never rule the world, it will never conquer the Human Race.

Its Life is slipping away - its Vitality is waning.

Its Holy Books are demonstrable frauds, its Prophets are demonstrable charlatans, its Tenets are demonstrably irrational, and its God is nothing more than a silly caricature of an Old Man sitting in the clouds.

I believe in a real God, not merely a superior life form, certainly not an Exalted Man.

If a Being with seemingly infinite Magical Powers and Telepathic Abilities suddenly appeared and claimed to be God, I would not believe in him. Even if he provided proof that he created the whole universe and could read people’s minds, even if he could perform fantastic miracles and raise the dead, I would know that he was not God. And if it came to pass that this same Being came right up to my face and told me that he had the absolute Power of Life and Death over me, that I’d better accept him or he’ll destroy me, I still wouldn’t believe in him. I would know that if I could see him, and touch him, and talk to him, that he is not God. I would know that he is nothing more than a superior life form and a tyrannical bully. I would tell him that he would have no power over me unless it had been given to him from Above.

TBM’s regurgitate a testimony that they “know” their Church is true, but the truth is they only “believe” their Church is true. Ironically, we bear a testimony that we “know” their Church is false, and we don’t merely “believe” it, we can prove it.

No religion is more valid than its God - if its God is bogus, the Religion is bogus.

Any God who has to deal with his creations Quid Pro Quo, is a False God – a Bogus God. Any religion that teaches that you must do this, that, and the other thing to be saved, is a Bogus religion – a False religion.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 09:38PM

I want them to stop holding people hostage. Stop tearing apart families. Come clean, stop lying. Stop the madness.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 09:48PM

I agree with Mia, and I want to add that I wish the Mormon church were as benign as its foolish members claim it to be.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 09:56PM

...and let the chips fall where they may.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 01:05AM

Oh YES! YES! YES!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 31, 2012 10:35PM

I agree. The only thing I really want from them is honesty. I want them to say, "Look, here it all is. The truth, laid out for all to see. We have a long history together. Let's make this a great organization."

Then they can stop the guilt. Stop telling people that they're the elite of the earth and that they must be just-so, or they'll be cut off forever.

I doubt that will ever happen, but I can dream. I wouldn't go back, because I'm not religious anymore, but maybe it would help some people stay in, just for the tradition and the social aspects of it all.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 12:19AM

Agreed! I don't care if it stays together and thrives BUT I want it to be honest about all of its history to its members. If they still decide to belong and believe after they know everything on say mormonthink.com, fine! But I want them all to know the truth, and taught the truth! Stop the brainwashing and the guilt and the fear and the temple crap and the "you need a special name and password to get into heaven" crap and... ok I guess I want it to go away cuz it's a joke. I want people to see it for what it is. And its a bunch of lies and sick brainwashing rituals.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 12:23AM

I want to see it all tumble away like a giant pile of bricks turning to dust. 100% exposure. The catholic church has already paved the way with their child abuse and money scandals...the rest should be soon to follow.

Posted by: ktay ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 12:28AM

What everyone else said basically. I want them to come clean so my family can be released from the lies they've been taught. My life would be sooo much easier with out the guilt from my family! To me, LOVE is really all you need. Not some made-up deity(ies) that have caused basically all the wars and problems on the planet. Beatles got it right.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 12:31AM

I want it to disappear from the face of the earth. I don't want one more kid born into it or one more precious teen sucked in due to falling in love. How can anyone want it to stay when the founder is a fraud. That is nonsense.

Date: April 01, 2012 02:34AM

In the late 70’s a beautiful young Mormon girl took me for a walk around the Temple Grounds in Mesa, AZ and tried to convince me of all the glories that awaited anyone who accepted the Church. As we sat talking in front of the reflecting pool she said that I could be a god and she would be a queen.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 05:25AM

I wanted revenge on the source of Mormon doctrine that ruined my ended my relationship and ruined my personal life but I don't care any more. I think the LDS Church will break up into two parts. Too many people still believe the "come with me and be a God" stuff but aren't comfortable with racism or polygamy (on Earth) so you will have a post 1978, pre Information Age group. The rest are going to wind up going into a new version of a corporate religion that worships a new God -- itself. Just like Amway or Mary Kay but with fringe benefits in the Celestial Kingdom...

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 12:56AM

I want what happened to other churches to happen to the Mormons. For the truth to come out and become common knowledge, for the church to have to re-make itself, for them to lose 80 percent of their ACTIVE members in the process and for them to have to disclose their real financials and membership numbers. Then the 20 percent of the hopelessly crazy can settle down under the Mormon flag and worship Joseph Smith and themselves all they want. I just want my points vindicated and to hear the popping of a lot of big egos.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 02:11AM

I want the life I dreamed of when I was ten. They took it from me.

Posted by: deavon ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 10:34AM

What was the life that you dreamed of?

I personally dreamed that it was all true, and that I'd be a bishop or was in the bishopric, beautiful wife and children, and that everyone in my life was happy.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 03:07AM

I want it to cumble so badly that every member leaves. My family might actually turn into decent human beings. Girls could stop freaking out over not being married by the age of 21. They wouldn't have to rush into a marriage simply because the hormones were out of control. They wouldn't have to start popping out babies nine months after they were married. I could go on and on.

Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 06:21AM

I'd like to see it convert into a secular organization, stop opposing and excluding gays, or any other minority group, and ordain females as priestesses--whatever the secular equivalent might be. I'd also like to see it commit to truth, so it would have to renounce the truth of its fantasy books.

There's a lot that I think is good in Mormonism, but also a lot that's bad. If it simply stopped excluding minorities, a lot of the bad would vanish.

I'd like to see a female leader (no longer "prophet(ess)."

Steve

Date: April 01, 2012 10:51AM

I understand those who want to the Church to disappear off the face of the Earth, but I am having trouble understanding the thought processes of those who want the Church to change.

If the God of a religion is true and prohibits some behavior that you want to engage in, no matter what it is, how can it really be expected to change? It would have to end.

As for me, I want to see it Die. My fear is that it will try to Change. I find that fact that it’s trying to change is evidence against it.

See, the basic premise of every Quid Pro Quo (something for something) religion or philosophy is that you must believe certain propositions and do certain activities in order to obtain the approval of God and/or Man. These religions must argue with each other about which propositions are true and which activities should be done.

Everybody wants to rule the World. Everyone is out to stop the Evil Tide, even political regimes.

In the end Religion has very little to do with God, God is simply a Character in the System. All Quid Pro Quo Religions are about YOU! The Onus is upon You – God is In Absentia. This is described in the Double Bind. A Quid Pro Quo Religion puts you in a double-bind – it will condemn you if you don’t accept it as your salvation, and it will condemn you if you don’t save yourself.

Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 08:00AM

AROUND 7 YEARS TERMINATED JUST LIKE THAT, BECAUSE OF GOSSIP, AS I REVEALED THE TRUTH ABOUT RACIST ATTACKS BACK IN 2000 HERE IN AUSTRALIA EVEN IN THE CHURCH, THAT LED BY PERTITION TO AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATION TO FORCE OR RATHER DEPORT MY WIFE BACK TO HER COUNTRY, ONLY TO FACE JOURNALISTIC DEATH ROW CASE DEFENDING CHRISTIANS AGAINST MUSLEM ATTACKS.
while in her country, rebaptism approved first stage by mission pres south of east pakistan, in india itself, only to return to australia not long after and my re-baptism refused to be followed up by the bishop who by then had heeded to the demands of the gossipers, CRUCIFY HIM for apostasy.
Only then I researched church history and became a true apostate. I was also rightous in general at the time of my termination that led to break up off my family.
I sinned like never before, and a prophecy revelation child came to pass tho it was suppose to come in sanctity of temple marrige but my first and last wife became infertile, let alone myself. Tho dna result prooved immaculate conception with me being suddenly fertile. The lds church actually has vision that I should marry this woman, be rebaptised and take her and daughter and be sealed up in temple... My ex or almost ex after seperation for 7 years, forgives me, shocked that the devil gave me my wish for a child/daughter, and her love as still my wife makes me accountable to devoice her, now the church says
as what a saintly wife to take me back. How dare she forgives me tho what a shock to me that I dont deserve. Tho what a shock to the mother of my child that I now want marry her nor be sealed to my daughter tho give her house/land and yet just remain friends..

What a rollercoaster ride of hell and back tho it was a taste of heaven to witness my daughter being born in 3rd world village style delivery tripping on all that blood from many other baby machines marched in and out without cleaning up the mess....my baby machine was a mirical to me and her and we wanted to get married but boiling hot water of forgiveness thrown on my wounds, to realized my present wife really loved me even more so than the mother of my child by her very actions to forgive me as hardly anywoman takes back an adulterer. Tho we were living like singles apart most of the time anyway and tried devoice but paper work was wrong so it backfired.

So what do I want? I want to say that be careful what you wish for you may just get it. The laws of attraction work anyway with or without the church, the universe always willing to respond to ones deepest heart level. Mormonism is a heart felt testimony relegion that works from a cultural point of view like colonies that bind together for strength in these last days so to speak as in oldern times. But I know the warm fuzzies can be discovered in buddhism and other belief systems built apon feelings and emotion... Some born again relegions deny feelings as being what the bible says is nothing but deception dont trust it, and their conviction is in the word/the bible and they trust not in any other angel preaching another message than the bible.

The lds church dammed or not, do not deny angel mornoni as that everlasting angel preaching the everlasting message, tho the bible says not to trust even other angels preaching another message, the warm fuzzies of mormonism and wonderful sanctified holy ghost of promise that I cant deny for my career sake as a world class entertainer depend on emotions also and fall in love we do with the filthy rags of rightous saints when we are in rather than OUT, and the sex is more intense than ever and the becomming gods more egotistical, so its nice when we can believe that the prophets are humble and not so horny for eternal procreation and many wives as some today have deep humility and contrite spirits but our early founder prophets like joe and brigham had the full package...

The everlasting angel of intense rewards and exaltation above the bible or lead us to honor prophets above the grace message of the bible, IT IS FINISHED..

NOPE IT IS NOT FINISHED... Hormones, ego, all the juices of chemistry and all our power of flesh given over to the authority of the church and belief system, and packaged up in our vonerability to have us believe we are not being malested
spiritually, and we remain open to its celestial orgy, except those who's eyes have been opened and the greatest lie that satin ever told in the garden when eve took the fruit, ye can know good and evil, bitter from the sweet and that will MAKE YOU GODS or become GODS......

Mormon gods even tried to snatch my wife away as a 2nd wife.
dont let your wife or wives he he run or answer to the bishop all the time. Either she married to you or the blasted bishop.
now abolished since 1990 and some never heard of it, deny it.
The whole first vision foundation and later versions added of two personages appearing and the church run with that since 1838, would put the church in apostasy to deny the first vision of 1824 (not 1820) of an angel appearing to joe smith nothing more nothing less and the people were happy even then to go along with that to start up a new age relegion as mormonism.
Then so be it many others came later...Had to be or not, its masonary iron curtin of the veil parting, pulls strings even for catholicsm today and all new age relegions break away from pagen false sabbath sunday (sun-worship day) relegions and its pagen symbolism on temples of lds to catholic vatican all one in purpose and to usher in the one world govenment and the whole world wandered after the beast of rome including mormonism unless they denounce the pagen sunday and stop justifying it as resurrection day that is true but levitical law if restored does not change the original sabbath or change the original 4th commandment to always remember the 7th day and keep it holy, to temple death threats always under the law. To change it means one thing, treason to levitical law.
Tho its a good thing that the death threat temple oth was abolished, it is still treason.
But not to worry jesus came to end or fulfill levitical law
and no more barking up the tree of priesthood authority as he was the royal and only judge in israel to answer directly to and it was about our personal relationship with jesus, and enter into his rightousness after all we can rubbish but surrender instead, into christ perfection denying our filthy rags of rightousness and trying to earn heaven. By their fruits ye shall know them, those sanctified by surrendering their rightousness, fear and guilt trips, and atonement of christ and the blood of chirst sufficient as grace. Why is there no blood or red wine or non alcoholic red wine at sacrament, because the church is above the blood, the prophet is above the bible and the good news, come unto him and he will not lead you astray, and focus on man more than christ. take down the pictures of prophets and appostles and satuated your house with christ but the true church if based apon prophet and appostles like the bible says is one mighty draw card for mormonism, but the bible has many contradictions and so does the standerd works of mormonism.. Who to trust?
I am not fooled by blind faith leaders leading the blind anymore. I honor the high standerds of mormonism tho legal or not pologamy and racism in mormon history is shocking to the core let alone temple death threat tokens frighening but now abolished thank goodness except levitical law priesthood would mean without change. As long as priesthood comes into it the levitical law of threats never change for convedience nor pologamy for that matter. It was finished apon the cross but mormons dont accept that. Its a mockery to the cross but such a god of mormonism if existed has made the bible to look like a joke compared to the book of mormon and this god has a penis
and many wives? WOW who wants to be with such a god?
GREEDY HORNY CELESTIAL Treasure hunters not a christian bootlace...

Larry.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 10:59AM

It's not that we wouldn't rather see it disappear. It's just that we figure that's probably not realistic, so we settle for them at least being honest. Then when people join, they know exactly what they're getting into, rather than being conned into it.

What I hate is what's happening instead. Instead of being honest, they're just changing to the point that within a few generations, they'll forget what the Church used to be and that will mean they're lied to even more than they are now.

It's still dishonest and that's what I hate most about them.

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 11:03AM

I want it to die.

Posted by: Greg ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 11:37AM

I want to go to the clestial kindgom and live forever with an infinite number of wives and even more children. I am going to rock it ETERNAL style! wassup?

Date: April 01, 2012 11:55AM

Hmm, this makes me wonder, if Celestial Goddesses can have sex and give birth, do they have periods?

Posted by: exmodaddy ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 04:13PM

Yes, they do, but because God's time is different than Man's time, their periods last for seven thousand years instead of just a week.

Date: April 01, 2012 04:47PM

Ah yes, a 1000 years is but a day to a god.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 01:52PM

I want to see the apostles and prophets publicly acknowledge the lie. I want them to admit that they hide things. I want them to admit that they are not trained in any way to help individual members with serious problems, and that they certainly aren't inspired.

I want them to do right with the money they still have--make it count for good--stop the empire building. I want them to give back what they took for personal use. I want them to show deep remorse for the pain and suffering they have caused. For the families they have destroyed.

I want them to stand before the world and repent.

And then I want the church gone. It is false. It is based on lies. It falls into the category of things that should not be.

Posted by: nonmoparents ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 04:26PM

I want the Mormon church and ALL religions around the world to come clean with the "Truth." I think it would propel humanity forward in a big way if we would stop lying to ourselves about God, the Cosmos, Universal Mind . . . whatever we call IT.

Do you really believe the Mormon church is dying and that it will ever completely go away? It seems a bit far-fetched since it has the amount of $$$$ it has . . . just sayin!

Date: April 01, 2012 05:13PM

I know it seems unlikely now, but think of the Roman Empire; it was rich, but it died. Although the Holy Roman Empire succeeded it, it wasn’t the Roman Empire anymore. Just because an entity is rich doesn’t mean it is immune to death.

Posted by: nonmoparents ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 07:17PM

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 04:51PM

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 04:55PM

I want it to go bye bye.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 04:58PM

me how to run my scout troop.

Then they would cease to exist, as far as I am concerned.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 05:04PM

Oddelly enough... It isnt worth saveing so I hope it gets exposed as a total sham and the oldest guy dies right on time when he should nice and natrualy but his wife gets the busniss I mean church and then litrealy dissmantles it to put all that money and land back into the community in each area.

Posted by: student ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 05:11PM

I don't want any more kids to have to grow up in an environment that teaches them to hate themselves if they happen to be gay.

Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 05:41PM

I got what I wanted. As a teenage convert (forced to convert by pressure from parents, also converts), I developed an exit strategy and on turning 18 ceased all participation in church activites.

I've noticed that large churches don't usually disappear in a flash but with the recent bankrupcy of the Crystal Cathedral the term large is what probably figures in. RLDS rebranded in comparison.

Curiously, look up the history of Terry Cole-Whittaker Ministries (much smaller).

What worked for me, ultimately, was following my own convictions and looking back carefully and critically. RfM helped me connect some dots a few years later and address some issues I ignored.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 06:03PM by Bicentennial Ex.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 09:12PM

I'd love to see it end.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 09:45PM

if i may add, the mormon church won't be remembered in the centuries to come.

5 million active people (and declining numbers) in the world will hardly leave any footprints. only a fading memory.

it might be remembered as another christian cult. that's it.

there are around 70+ cults that came from the book of mormon and joseph smith. of those 70+ there are only two major contenders (RLDS and LDS) to the crown of remembrance.

the RLDS already pulled the plug on the book of abraham and the book of mormon is optional.

it sounds to me like the fate of the lds cult will be the same: just a fading memory.

glad, SO GLAD, i'm part of the army of honest people who want to expose them and see it all go down.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 10:25PM

The church will do whatever it needs to survive, so I don't really care if they "tell the truth", change the doctrine or continue to lie. They can do whatever they want. My focus is on what others will do. I would like first and foremost to see the members continue to wake up to the truth and leave in droves. I would like to see the public be continually educated about the nonsense of Mormonism, and send the missionaries packing. I would like to see the meetinghouses close, the temples boarded up, and see this nineteenth century fraud called Mormonism finally come to a creaking, moaning halt.

"This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!'' (Dickens)

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints represents the greatest plague upon humanity -- ignorance.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.