Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonski21 ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 01:42PM

If we were already living up in heaven with God and Christ, and already knew the gospel and 'the plan of slavation', why the HELL would we decide, "You know what? Lets leave this perfect existence, have our memories wiped, and go down to earth where all kinds of crazy things can happen."

Makes no sense at all.

This religion, at its core, is broken. The foundation never stacks up to any kind of scrutiny, at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: m ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 02:12PM

neither does a "War in heaven" makes sense...

kind of contradictory don't ya think.. nobody in control up there?

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 08:07PM

It's not a control thing. It's simple logic. It's FREAKING HEAVEN! How could it possibly be heaven if they're having wars?

Posted by: geekchick ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 08:34AM

Valhalla - the Norse version of Paradise is to join with the gods in combat during the day.

The dead are then rejuvinated in the evening and everyone has a large communal meal and parties until dawn only to get up and do it all over again the next day. (slightly paraphrased)

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 03:40AM

So true...no one in control up there? Love it. And yes, war in heaven is just stupid.

Posted by: anonski21 ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 02:26PM

Um, yeah. That too, LOL.

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 02:38PM

I don't know about you, but I'm having a blast.

Read Slaughterhouse Five.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 08:09PM

That's a good book. But I don't get the connection.

BTW, Cat's Cradle is better.

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:11AM

The connection is "Everything was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt." Life can be beautiful even if we know that horrible things are about to happen. Stay in the moment.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 02:39PM

I can see why we were supposed to come to earth and voting on it in the preexistence. Its the old "learn by experience first hand" in order to develop. This part makes sense to me.

However, the war in heaven to me is an oxymoron. How do you fight a war in heaven? Guns, bombs, swords, name calling, or ppl just departing from each other?

The part that is really oxymoronic is satan's supposed plan. It was a lose lose from the get go. In losing to Christ, he failed to succeed and is fighting a losing battle. In addition, had we taken his plan, he can't take our FREE WILL as God could not do that either. So how was Satan going to force us to follow? Especially if, there was a 3rd of the host of heaven who would fall with satan irregardless. That 3rd of heaven was not going to be forced in as much as the other 2/3's would have been forced to obey Satan's proposed plan.

No matter how you look at it, its deterministic. Satan was determined to be Satan and not follow. He was a fallen angel by no fault of his own, except that he would fall right on schedule like the determined person he is. I.e...no FREE WILL at all. How can he be accountable?

If Satan chose to be good and accept Christ's plan, then how would there be opposition? Its a circular argument that has no sound logic to it.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 03:12PM

Exactly!

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:20PM

Wow, hadn't thought of it that way. This is why I love this board!!

Posted by: reasonabledoubt ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 03:19PM

I always thought it made no sense unless you were a fan of reincarnation. Not that it makes sense anyway.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 04:28PM

To me, it explains how tiny kids can play musical instruments, or the way Tiger Woods got so good at golf so early, stuff like that. Then there's the fact that sometimes you meet someone and it's an instant "click" like you've known them before. I have always found reincarnation to be a fascinating idea as well, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 05:17PM

If 1) everyone lived, at least as an "intelligence" if not a spirit, in a premortal existence, and 2) this premortal existence went on for an infinite amount of time, and 3) all intelligences or spirits progress at least some of the time, then 4) how is continued progress possible? In other words, if in a millenium we will have made another millenium's worth of progress and thus reached a farther point, then why haven't we reached that point already?

I've never heard a sensible answer to this question. Anyone?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 07:21PM

Mos will say, "For the sex of course!"

gotta get a body or can't have sex.

Posted by: TheIrrationalShark ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 08:24PM

And what's the whole point of the plan of salvation anyhow? So let me get this straight; the whole point of life is to get back to heaven and live with God forever. Well, why did we leave in the first place?! Oh, so he could test our faith? God is all knowing, he doesn't have to test anything! He already knows the faithfull from the ones who are actually reasonable and require sufficient evidence before they start believing. They also say that we're here to learn and grow. For what purpose?

Posted by: angelina5 ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:14AM

We lived as Spirits per the LDS doctrine. We decided to become mortals in order to gain a body like Heavenly Father. Can we even fathom the number of Gods that would create??

Posted by: Moroni Marten ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:48AM

You came to this earth for a physical body of flesh and bone. Then, later, you will be resurrected with this same body of flesh and bone, but without the blood. Instead, you will have "spiritual fluid" flowing through your veins - which provides all fluids such as spit. It also provides spiritual semen which will be used to impregnate your many wives who have spiritual eggs which will become fertilized by your spiritual sperm and produce billions of spirit children who will ready themselves on your planet to be joined to physical bodies of their own on a planet you will make for that purpose.

Of course no one can remember any of this because a "veil" is placed over the spiritual mind of those going to planets to get their bodies. This is because there is another purpose for coming to an earth - to be tested to see if they can "find" all of these amazing truths. Only "very few" will and they will make it to the highest heaven and only they will be allowed to procreate with their glorified bodies.

But many on this earth never CAN find the "truths" because they have suffered, starved, died so early in life. Luckily for them, the "plan" allows them to "automatically" be saved in the highest heaven. So, they don't have to gain experience or be tested.

Just wanted to clarify.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 11:01AM by Moroni Marten.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 01:04PM

Well, when you put it THAT way... it really is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Haha. Loved he way you clearly laid it out there. "Spiritual fluid" just sounds gross imo

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:23PM

Agreed on all counts. :)

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 01:24PM

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 03:01AM

This seems so very weird to a main streamer. This is not in the Bible. But it is similar to some of the gnostic writings I've read.

Posted by: Don't call me surly ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 03:28AM

We are all doing what, according to Mormon doctrine, has been done on other worlds since the first God came into existence (another conundrum for Mormonism). So Satan rebelled, fought against God and took a third of the host of heaven with him, just as has been done on other worlds. Jesus sacrificed himself just as all the other Jesus Christs before him and those who will come after him.

There you have it, simple! Like my TBM relation says, makes good sense compared to those foolish Christians.

Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 08:17AM

NOTHING CREATED AS LIGHT EVER BECAME DARKNESS UNLESS IT TOOK A BODY AND IN OUR CASE FORGETFULNESS LED US TO CHOOSE EGO TO RULE MANKIND EVEN IN RELEGIONS.

iF WE KNEW WE ALL COME FROM LIGHT AND THERE WAS ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE TO SHARE, THERE WOULD BE NO ENVY, NO COMPETITION, KILLING ETC AS WE ARE ALL SPECIAL.

IF THERE IS A DEVIL HE WAS CREATED FROM THE DUST OF THE EARTH OR A PLANET.

THERE IS SOME MYTH HISTORY BEFORE THE BIBLE THAT THESE DEVILISH CREATURES MESSED WITH DNA AND FUCKED IT UP AND GOD DESTROYED THEM THO THEY DESTROYED THEMSELFS AND THEY HAD NO SOULS ANYWAY.

SOME RELEGIONS LIKE ADVENTISM TEACH THERE IS NO SOUL AND THE DEAD ARE CONCIOUS OF NOTHING. IF WE RESURRECTED IMMORTAL WE HAVE MADE IT AND IF RESURRECTED MORTAL WE ARE DOOMED TO 2ND DEATH AND THEN ITS FOREVER NO EXISTANCE OR AWARENESS JUST BLACKNESS, UNCONCIOUSNESS AND NOTHINGNESS FOR EVER TERMINATED.

SO WAS THE CREATURES OF NO SOULS TERMINATED BUT THERE ROTTEN EXAMPLE AND MESSING WITH DNA/SCIENCE HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF AND IF JESUS NOT COME SOON HA HA, WE ARE IN FOR DESTRUCTION UNLESS WE BELIEVE THAT WE ARE LIGHT AND LIGHT AND DARKNESS SHALL NEVER MEET, NO COMPROMISE THERE.

LARRY.

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 01:32PM

Just what is left of "me" if my memory is gone? I'm a terminal Alzheimer's sufferer. And if my brain (or "intelligence"--whatever the hell that might be) then proceeds to build a new "me"--with a new set of memories--how can that entity be logically punished or rewarded for what the old, now nonexistent, entity did?

It's-utter-bullshit-ly yrs,

S

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 01:35PM

And then you have all the Mormon culture & stories about little kids remembering the pee-existence. What is our baby looking at and smiling - oh, I'm sure he's remembering the per-existence and smiling about it...

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:14PM

OK, class, tomorrow is your final exam. This exam will determine your final grade for the class and by extension it will also determine your whole future.

One thing, before passing out the papers for the final exam I need everyone to take this drug which wipes out all your memory of everything we've studied this semester.

Good luck!

By the way, you will all be getting different exams, some much easier than others and some very difficult, but, tough!

Posted by: cHICKEN'N'bACKPACKS ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:56PM

Yup, it's like playing for the Dodgers, and then getting sent to play in their Bakersfield farm team with all memory of how to play in the Big Leagues erased, then learning how to get back to Chavez Ravine, but even better because you get to own your own team!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.