Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:13PM

I have a relative who is basing his future on going on a mission, ans after going to BYU. His insane mother got him disfellowshiped as a way to discipline and control him for going to far with a girl. I am wondering if that on his cult record will keep him from doing either.

My concern is that he is setting up his whole future on the mission and BYU. If that is something that will prevent that I believe he should know.

I would be happy if he couldnt do any of those things, but feel it's important that he knows so he can plan his future.

I would ask some Mormons that I love by but pretty sure I won't get a straight answer being an ex-mormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 02:32AM

How old is this kid? Wouldn't he have time to redeem himself in their eyes if he is just 15 or 16? His MOM is weird and if I were him she would not be a person I could ever be close to again. I think they will need his body and will let him go on a mission....just my opinion. Wish he would wise up though and be grateful he had a reason-even a bad one- to skip it.

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 10:14AM

He is 18, this happened a little over a year ago. After he is clear of her I will never have anything to do with her again. Only deal with her minimally for his sake.

Another relative and I are for now providing him with a safe place to go and/or just for support till he finishes high school.

I have helped him set on a path with his educaton to have choices. Still am.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.