Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NNT ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 03:56PM

Can we please get the big 12 and the big 3 to carry around a sign indicating when they are speaking as a prophet, seer, and revelator? Surely they know when they are doing this versus when they are simply sharing an opinion. Leaving us to guess is really making it difficult to know god's mind and will for the little guy. If he and the rest of the church leadership is so confident that they can know the will and mind of god why not make it blatantly clear when they are repeating the will and mind of god?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:00PM

. . . and-that's-not-very-sanitary-ly yrs,

S

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:09PM

Brigham Young used to say he was speaking for the lord all the time.

D. Todd Christopherson is not on any statue on the BYU campus and he doesn't even have a building named after him. Who the f*@k is he?

I say they speak for the lord if they are egotistical enough to come right out and say so......just like Brigham did.

Make them start putting disclaimers in the front of all the books they are collecting money off royalities.

DISCLAIMER: "Content reflected herein does not necessarily speak for God....only a self gratifying, egotistical, narcissistic, well paid man calling himself an apostle"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 04:31PM by upsidedown.

Posted by: theGleep ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 06:57PM

I'm suddenly tempted to print up a bunch of stickers to take into wal-mart with me...

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:47PM

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:10PM

Yep. If they cannot do this, how can they or God expect any member to know how to recognize the spirit of truth? This is a simple request. And the same request the Mormon leaders ask of their own members--seek the spirit, recognize it and profess it.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:25PM

Apologists these days love to defend the BoA by calling the papyrus a catalyst and not really what Joseph said it. Smith though it was written by Abraham and that he was really translating the hieroglyphics when he wasn't. He was instead getting the BoA in streaming form directly into his mind from God.

The trick is that you can only tell if something is revelation from God after the fact.....waaaaay after. BY was corrected on Adam God by leaders in the 1980s. They fixed his priesthood ban thing in 1978. SWK was sure Lamanite skin was turning white in fulfillment of prophecy— now LDS apologists have made it clear that was only opinion. It took until the 60s when the papyri was found for the Church to get it right on the BoA.

And I'm sure there is plenty of stuff that LDS are sure is now revelation that will be ditched when the time comes a good 15-35 years from now.

Funny how life with LDS continuing revelation is a lot like life without continuing revelation. It's 20/20 when yer looking back (hindsight). Far less reliable when looking forward

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 07:01PM

I cannot sustain the leadership of the church. They are all a pack of liars.

Posted by: vulturetamer ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:19PM

This talk/quote blew my mind. I'm curious to know will it be edited for print? Also, the follow up that you could "know" if the words were from God based on the spirit of the group listening. Seriously? How would we know what the "spirit" of the group was when BY said the things he did? No one recorded THAT. Eyeroll.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.