Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rose2008 ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 06:09AM

I recieved the following in my e-mail this morning from a member of the morg. Have they ever done anything like this before? Is this because of Mitt? Or is this because of "Dodo" Holland?

I love how they are giving away Bibles now instead of the BOM.

Easter Advertising Campaign - April 6-8, 2012

Dear Profile Owner,

The Church is launching a three-day advertising campaign this weekend in conjunction with Easter. The campaign will take place on YouTube and Facebook. The focus is to help those not of our faith understand that we believe in and follow Jesus Christ. The campaign features members of the Church sharing their beliefs about the Savior.

Short advertisements will be shown on YouTube on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (April 6-8). We anticipate the ads will be viewed a minimum of 15 million times. The advertising will link to a specially designed mormon.org page has been created where visitors can share why Jesus Christ is important to them, learn more about our beliefs in the Savior, download the Bible videos app, or order a free Bible (U.S. and Canada only).

Visitors to the mormon.org Facebook page will also be encouraged to share their feelings about Jesus Christ. It is hoped that thousands of Church members and nonmembers will express their testimonies of Jesus Christ during the Easter weekend.

Church members are invited to be involved with the campaign in several ways:

1. Tell family and friends about the campaign and encourage them to tell their family and friends. Encourage family and friends to participate on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday by visiting mormon.org/easter or facebook.com/mormon.

2. Encourage family and friends to look for the YouTube ads and visit mormon.org/easter.

3. On Friday, Saturday, or Sunday Church members are encouraged to visit mormon.org/easter and share their feelings about Jesus Christ.

Note that the mormon.org/easter page will not be "live" until early Friday morning.

We believe this will be a unique opportunity for Church members to engage in conversations with those not of our faith about the importance of Jesus Christ in the lives of God's children.

Media Division,
Missionary Department

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 06:15AM

....seriously? Just...wow. TSCC is getting more and more cheesy by the day. I'll make it a point to avoid FB for sure. I already got swamped by tscc friends after GC because they felt dedicated to save the one (me) who left the fold...oh boy.

Posted by: Zig ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 09:26AM

Remember: The Mormon Cult is good at producing movies that tug prey on anyone in a position to receive it.

Anyone can be emotionally touched by anything in particular - a funeral, a wedding, the birth of a child, a sunrise, the smile on the face of a child - ANYTHING.

The Cult capitalizes on this and calls it the Holy Ghost. And it all ends with - would you like to know more? Followed up with visits from 19 year boys in suits.

They hide the whole truth of secret temple ceremonies, tithing, garments, racism, polygamy and the whole Mormon ball of wax that is one stinking, fettering mess.

And that is why sites like RFM - and others - exist - to provide as much information to people so they won't get suckered into the cult of Mormonism.

Every time someone on FB or elsewhere posts a link, I post a link back for various sites loaded with information about every aspect of Mormonism. They hate it.

Posted by: newbie ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 09:43AM

I find it funny that there is a big push for Easter (online) but on the local level our ward will not have a special Easter program. It is F&T meeting. Wouldn't want to skip one F&T meeting in honor of a once a year celebration for Easter now would we? I don't know how they can take themselves seriously.

Posted by: Zig ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 09:57AM

Remember that Mormons are having a hard time coming around to being mainline "Christian". Christmas has always been about the birth of Joseph Smith. Easter has always been about the formation of the one true Cult.

Obedience is #1, Tithing is #2, and often switched. The correlated manual tells them what to do - and they are not allowed to change that. So if the program is to talk about the importance of tithing on Easter? Well they better damned well talk about tithing.

Posted by: sgc ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 12:54PM

I find it amusing that they think we're going to be checking out Mormon.org this week. We're going to be in church celbrating Holy Week.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 09:56AM

It is indeed a day of celebration and deep reflection, but a campaign to flood the social media like it is some kind of a new ride at six flags is a little bit irreverent, doncha think?

By the way "newbie" I know just what you mean. One time I finally got a nonmember friend of mine to agree to come to church with me, and I chose Easter Sunday because we had a very good service the year before. When I arrived I looked around but he had not yet arrived. As I looked at the program it said Fast and Testimony meeting!
Now I am in a panic-holy crap if he shows up here he's gonna see that we aren't really Christians just like he accused me in the past, and rightly so...I mean here it is the High Holy Day oif Christianity and we are all getting up to praise the church and Prophet.
Thank Heaven he never did show up.

After Sacrament Meeting a few people voiced their concerns about not celebrating Easter, but the Bishop just poo-pooed it off. This week is Fast Sunday...

Posted by: womanoftheworld ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 12:02PM

I just responded to the whole ward "Seems odd that only a Bible is being given away. I thought the BOM was the cornerstone of our faith? Why is it that only testimonies of our Savior are encouraged, and beliefs about him, but not of the Church itself? Thoughts?". Let's see if anyone is thinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 12:03PM by womanoftheworld.

Posted by: womanoftheworld ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 04:07AM

No, no one is thinking. But now they know I am...

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 07:41AM

Holding Fast Sunday on Easter?

The Mormon cult is truly insane.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.