Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 09:28AM

I was of the opinion that protest don't normally work, but because they are rarely targeted to the audience whose minds you want to change. What a temple square protest needs is a way to get attention, that the members will have a hard time ignoring. That is why gay couples having a kissing protest in front of the temple, is more effective then the evangelicals who are always there. Here are some of my ideas.

Have a bunch of ex-mos dress up in their old missionary gear, or a reasonable copy there of, with name tags, and hand out literature about why they left the church.

Have a protest with a large number of young attractive people in the most immodest, barely legal, swimsuits you can. The unattractive can help, by taking and posting pictures for me to overview from my secret anti-Mormon bunker, built beneath the ruins of the City of Ammonihah.

Really those are the only two I could think of, but this site is full of fun creative people who could probably come up with a lot cooler ideas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 09:33AM

forbiddencokedrinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Have a bunch of ex-mos dress up in their old
> missionary gear, or a reasonable copy there of,
> with name tags, and hand out literature about why
> they left the church.
>

I really like that idea. That is pretty clever, and could probably get things in the hands of a few Mormon tourists. Unfortunately, the LDS missionaries on Temple Square would quickly learn to spot the ex-mos and would devise a strategy to warn as many people as possible, but it is a pretty clever idea.

Date: April 13, 2012 09:37AM

I wasn't even thinking about hiding their true selves. They could have placards that read, "Served an honorable mission, and Gay" or "Learn about what I wouldn't tell you when I dressed like this five years ago." The point is not to disguise people as missionaries, but to show the Mos that we were once just like them, then we saw the light.

Date: April 13, 2012 09:39AM

Although, having fake missionaries confused with the real thing would be hilarious for the short time we could pull it off. We would have to find some really hot looking young women, who could pose as Temple Square Missionaries. I'm sure we have a few on the board who could pull it off. Ajheart, you want to serve a "mission?"

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 10:01AM

Hold an actual fast & testimony meeting - that'll sort it.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 11:02AM

dress in temple clothes during gen conference and ride the lite rail train. make sure some one is on board with a video camcorder to catch the inevitable expressions and insults of the MORmONS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F5E9ESShco

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.