Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 02:20PM

Down with hotpants ! Up with miniskirts !

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 03:54PM

It is the epitomy of sanctimonious, patriarchial, misogynistic drivel. I think I got two paragraphs in and had to leave to suppress the urge to hunt the moron down and do him some bodily harm.

And if I had harmed him it wouldn't have been my fault -- he's asking for it, just look at the way he writes.

;)

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:01PM

I laughed so hard I started coughing. I hope that's a parody, but it's hard to tell. Poe's Law strikes again.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:04PM

I posted it so that the next time you guys felt bad for having fallen for Mormonism, you could think back and say, well at least I wasn't a part of that one church that hates pants.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:06PM

...is a woman's fault!

Just a dog question here... if male peoples are so weak and wussy that they just fall into see-yun if they see a woman in pants (or slacks, as Katharine Hepburn said), what kind of idiot would put such icky wimpy creatures as males in charge of everything??

Oooh, wait'll I tell my mom!! Just gotta make sure she took her blood pressure medicine today!!

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 08:34PM

So right, Stalker Dog.
If men have so little self control, they should be kept home in a crate, and not allowed out unless on a collar and leash. That kind of thinking makes men out to be no better than an unneutered dog.
It really puts men in a bad light.

Susan

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:16PM

It's a sin for women to pose in catalogs because men will look at them and go commit adultery. It's also a sin to be a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader.

Seriously???? hahahahahaha

Date: April 14, 2012 04:17PM

I thought this guy was nuts too, until I got to the part where I learned that Katy Perry was demon possessed. That sold me on his scripture brilliance.

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:33PM

I read 2 lines and couldn't continue...being a graphic and web designer, it was a horrible layout...but beyond that it was just an awful person throwing his awful opinion around...

Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:39PM

And that was for my father's funeral. I love pants. This guy who wrote the article must have been lusting after women to write so faithfully about it.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:41PM

Don't laugh.

This very line of thinking (if you can call it that) brought us the burqa.

Just wait until diseases break out at the ward house. It will be the women's fault for not cleaning professionally, those lazy bitches.

It won't be the fault of the men who were inspired to fire the professionals and call in the overworked and under-appreciated stay-at-home-moms.

Anagrammy

Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:51PM

What weak sisters you DUDES are for not being able to think in a non lustful way when seeing chicks in pants? Damn...your eyes go right to their crotch area- that moron says so! ;-)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 04:56PM

...shouldn't true believing men do the same?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 05:07PM

That whole page was disturbing and hilarious on so many levels.

Just remember those folks are out there driving around on the streets. Sleep tight with that thought. May the demon-possessed singer Katy Perry haunt your dreams.

Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 05:23PM

Ok, explain to me why exactly pants aren't modest.

And I object to the characterization of Bathsheba as a whore. If David had been on the ground instead of on his roof, he would not have been able to see her. She was bathing in the privacy of her back yard, likely surrounded by a wall. Why should she have been expecting someone to be watching her from his roof. David may have been the man after God's own heart, but he had a lot of faults. Being a womanizer was one of them.

Posted by: Moosefan05 ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 05:39PM

So, my going to the gym to lose weight, get healthy and fit into the pair of Miss Me jeans with the fluer de lis on the pocket is going to cause my husband to think impure thoughts of me? Sweet!

Date: April 14, 2012 05:40PM

Personally, I have reread this guys blog, and I am still not sure if he is serious, or if it is parody. My only regret is that he does not appear to have a comment section. I blame the demon possessed Katy Perry for that oversight.

Date: April 14, 2012 09:04PM

I suspect it is a joke. It's pretty good either way.

Date: April 14, 2012 09:19PM

Actually, I went to the main page, and it is from an actual Baptist web site.

Date: April 14, 2012 09:31PM

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 06:39PM

Women are not allowed to wear safety belts in cars in Saudi Arabia and other fundie Islamic countries.

Reason? You buckle your safety belt and it accentuates your <gasp!> bustline!

I am NOT making this up.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 08:24PM

Which is worse than you dying in a car crash.

Actually, the truth is there is far less perversion, rape and sexual crime among nudists and tribes who wear just a loin cloth. The deliciousness of the young women is balanced out by the nightmare preview of what old age looks like naked.

You might say it's a natural chilling effect.

Ana

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 09:41PM

When I was at BYU, they were debating in the Daily Universe whether women should be allowed to carry a single-strap bag with the strap crossing the chest. The argument was that it draws attention to the breasts and is therefore immodest.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 09:07PM

The StalkerDog's mention of Katherine Hepburn reminds me of something I once read (can't remember where exactly) about an act of rebellion from her daughter, Audrey Hepburn:

I don't remember the specifics, but Audrey would often report to work as an actor dressed in something like a blouse and a pair of pants. The studio management told her that it's improper for women to wear pants to work, so guess what she did.

She took the pants off and went about the rest of the day in just her undies!!! HA! That oughta teach 'em!

I also remember, shortly after my High School graduation, reading in the local newspaper about a group of young women who were suing the school board for not allowing them to wear pants to graduation. But that's all I read. I have no clue how that came out. I sure as hell hope these women were successful. While I was getting ready for graduation, there was that preparatory orientation (or whatever it's called) where we all practiced the whole routine in advance. During that time, the leader was laying out the ground rules for the actual ceremony. Among those rules: "Women are to wear a nice dress, or at least a skirt (or something to that effect); NO PANTS!" That last part there made me want to gag. I seriously felt like standing up and shouting "PERRRRR-VERRRRRRT!!!" right to his male-chauvinist face, but I resisted.

Then later, while I was searching for a part-time job, one of the applications I picked up, from Dominoes Pizza, states that they offer skirts as an option as part of their uniform "for women whose religious beliefs forbid them from wearing pants. "OMG!!!" I thought to myself, "There are actually religions out there that are even worse than Mormonism on the no-pants-on-women issue!? Damn, I'm so glad at least I wasn't BIC into any of those."

Seriously, though, as a BIC ex-mormon, this whole pants issue is a small part of the very thing (all those sexist beliefs they hold) that has started my eventual fallout from the cult in the first place, back in my teens. Mormonism likes to stress "Modesty," but they don't like women wearing pants to sunday meetings and such!? WTF!?!?!? Flip-Flop-Flip-Flop!!!

By their very nature, skirts just don't cover the lower body as thoroughly as pants do, no matter how long, due to a certain big gaping hole at the bottom. I mean seriously, how often does do you hear of perverted guys trying to get a peek up a woman's pant leg? It just doesn't happen (at least not as much as it does with skirts). If you Mormons truly believe in total body coverage at all times, then for Chris' Sakes, LET WOMEN WEAR PANTS!!!

This led to a strong distaste for skirts all throughout my teenage years, though I have had a change of heart since then. I no longer hate skirts themselves, but I am still against male-chauvinist organizations like Mormonism forcing skirts onto all women. I know that some women are just not comfortable in skirts at all, just as some women just don't like pants. And of course, most women are somewhere between the two extremes. I myself, sometime in my post-teen years after I left the cult and moved out on my own, have found skirts to actually be quite nice and comfortable. I even remember meeting one woman in college (back in my skirt-hating days) who told me she herself is one of those women that are not comfortable in skirts at all. Remembering that news story about the no-pants-to-graduation lawsuit, I asked her if she was, by any chance, one of those women suing for the right to wear pants. She said no, she just merely showed up with a nice pair of slacks under her graduation robe, and if the perverted male-chauvinist ass holes in charge don't like it, then tough shit! YEAH! Ya go, girl! In fact, that just happens to be what I did too.

Pushing for Modesty, and at the same time, forbidding women from wearing pants to Sunday Meetings, as Mormonism does, just entangles the kind of women who are not comfortable in skirts into a sort-of "Catch-22:" either violate the no-pants rule, or go to church feeling like they're not quite completely clothed, and thus feel like violating the modesty rule; pick yer poison.

This whole concept of so-called "modesty" is so bullshit! I think that, along with "appropriate," that has to be one of the two most misused, abused, and twisted words in the English language.

Date: April 14, 2012 09:40PM

Personally, I have a fetish for girls in skirts, while a pair of pants has to extremely tight for it to get my attention.

Date: April 14, 2012 11:02PM

Hmmm, I don't suppose all the male leaders of Mormonism (as well as any other organization that also require women to wear skirts, whether to important events or all the time) sharing such a fetish could be the real reason behind requiring all women to wear skirts, could it?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, considering Ol' Joe Smith's pedophiliac legacy that led Mormonism to adopting Polygamy as its original core doctrine.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 10:51PM

were not mother and daughter. They were very distantly related.

Date: April 14, 2012 11:06PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 09:44PM

Decades ago, back in the 60s I recall listening to late-night Christian radio direct from the Bible belt. The announcer, in calm, clipped, even tones said that we would join Reverend Whatshisname in progress in a sermon and that Reverend Whatshisname was "preaching against the sins of the world."

Then it switched to this ranting preacher. The contrast between the announcer and the preacher who seemed insane couldn't have been greater.

Anyway the SINS OF THE WORLD were pretty bad, according to this guy: "You can't go to a restaurant, or a hotel, or get airline tickets, or to the bank without being waited on by some woman in pants--ABOMINATION CLOTHES!!!"

I found it entertaining but I didn't send him the money to the address he gave at the end.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 09:59PM

Date: April 14, 2012 10:20PM

What!!? Katy Perry's the one in charge of Hell!!? Damn! I was certain it was going to be Ozzy Osbourne, after that comment he said to the audience during his "Live & LOUD!" concert (and I will paraphrase):

"I noticed there are some evangelists outside the arena, shouting that if you listen to my music, you'll go to Hell. Well, I can't really say with any certainty whether that's true or not, but if it is,...

"WE'RE ALL SURE AS HELL GONNA HAVE A PHUKIN' GOOD TIME DOWN THERE!!!"

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 10:42PM

Audrey Hepburn was not Katherine Hepburn's daughter....no relation at all and born on different continents.

Date: April 14, 2012 11:13PM

Cl2 already clued me in on that, but thanks anyway. I'll admit, however, having been born in the 1970's, I do not really know much about the Hepburns, other than that they were famous movie stars in (and/or around) the 1940's, and that one of them had a lead starring role in "My Fair Lady," one of my grandmother's favorite movies (and of course, just that little bit about Audrey's no-pants rebellion).

Date: April 14, 2012 11:40PM

Further down we learn that women wearing pants is the cause of homosexuality, pedophilia, and premarital sex.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.