Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elysiannevermo ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 07:10AM

holy s... he is disgusting

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 02:56PM

Wow -- there's a lot here, and Mitt doesn't seem to mind talking about Mormonism if it's off the record.

He says, " “I don’t try to distance myself from my faith in any way, shape or form”

Then later he says, “I’m not running as a Mormon”.

Unfortunately for Mitt he can't have it both ways.

Mormonism is the fabric of his being, and is so fraught with controversy that he won't be able to escape it.

To expect people to ignore the fact that he is Mormon is unrealistic. The Mormon shadow will follow him wherever he goes.

Mormonism is not a free ride. There is a price to pay as Mitt is finding out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 02:57PM by canadianfriend.

Posted by: Exmo Mom ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 06:36PM

somebody put this up on YouTube. Interesting to see Mitt in action.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 08:57PM

I thought this might be interesting reading for the thread.

The official church position on abortion (because it's cited in the CHI) tilts a little to the right, but gives a pro-choice Mormon politician sufficent wiggle room to move about. The first part explains the church's moral opposition to abortion, but in this part is more fuzzy on getting involved in the political area.

“Church Issues Statement on Abortion,” Ensign, Mar. 1991, 78

“The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an institution has not favored or opposed specific legislative proposals or public demonstrations concerning abortion.

“Inasmuch as this issue is likely to arise in all states in the United States of America and in many other nations of the world in which the Church is established, it is impractical for the Church to take a position on specific legislative proposals on this important subject.

“However, we continue to encourage our members as citizens to let their voices be heard in appropriate and legal ways that will evidence their belief in the sacredness of life.”

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=d1e066ce3a47b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

So glad we have prophets to provide clarity on the important moral issues of the day <snark>. Amen.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 09:15PM

Mitt just oozes sleaze. I would trust a drug dealer or pimp on the street more than this dude.

The funny thing is I think most nonmormons recognize that, while TBMs think it is normal behavior because they have dealt with it most of their lives.

Posted by: waisted24years ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 09:30PM

I really liked how he was all about not imposing his religion on everybody, but he really was lying about the church being pro choice.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 09:40PM

He said that there are leaders in Mormonism that are pro choice. Who?

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 10:15PM

Wow he really hates being seriously questioned or challenged.

If it is really true that non-mormon people can choose what is right for them, why can't gays choose to marry?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.