Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 05:27PM

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Cold-Brew-Coffee/

While a TBM I personally believed the reason Coffee and Tea were bad was because they were steeped products, and I presumed you were drinking more chemicals that were harmful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 05:52PM

Strange thing is that you drink orange squash your still likely to drink alot of chemicals.

Posted by: archaeologymatters ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 06:00PM

The word of wisdom is a sham, and Joseph Smith did not even follow it.

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 07:00PM

Haha, that is easy for us to say now ... :-)

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:01PM

I have a tbm friend who drinks those iced coffee drinks at SB's. Her thought is 'its not a hot drink' so all's fair.

She's one of the few mormon friends I have left. I think she'll leave too when her elderly mother dies.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:06PM

WoW is whatever your bishop declares it to be.

It's nailing jello to a wall again.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:20PM

The latest news from our ward is that there are a few people who drink coffee on the sly, but only after they let it get cold. That way it is the same as drinking cola and mountain dew like the rest of the members drink.

I wonder then, is Diet Coke still okay to drink if you heat it up?

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:23PM

Some Bishops will give recommends to members that drink decaf coffee. But, I am not sure about Iced Coffee. Is caffeine the issue? Is it hot drinks? Well, it is what the directions to Bishops (from the "brethren" suggest and then it is still a mass of confusion. The WOW is a sham and so ridiculous.

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:33PM

Logic and religion mix like oil and water.

Posted by: nevermomomofmos ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:38PM

Over at Baby Center there is a poll about the huge earth shattering problem of mocha brownies because there is coffee in them. What does that tell you?

Here's the link:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a32815473/mocha_brownies...against_w.o.w._poll

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:50PM

I brew it in a drip Mr. Coffee maker and then add creamer and Splenda before pouring in a glass full of ice. I use an espresso coffee too, and it's delicious. I don't know what "overwhelming astringent flavor" they're talking about in the article.

It's hilarious if Mormons think iced coffee is any different from drinking it hot. It's the same thing, just a different temperature. Just as much caffeine too.

Honestly, Mormons need to start thinking for themselves. This Mormon ban on coffee is completely ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with coffee guys, sheesh.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.