Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: grassboy ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:56PM

I love how it all works for guys in the church. Boy grows up, he at some point masturbates because, well, that's just what happens. He's never heard anything on the contrary and doesn't even realize that this is masturbation A SIN OF THE DEVIL! Then he gets to 12 or 14, whenever they do that lesson on this crap. He sits there as his teacher tells him how terrible masturbating is and how it's a very destructive sin, that sex is next to murder... So he feels like shit, he's the only one who does this, a freakin creep amongst the other boys, not realizing they all feel the same way. So he's alienated, alone, starts getting depressed when he can't seem to stop. Then he goes to firesides and other lessons and is told this guilt and depressed feelings he has is a product of the masturbation, not the other way around. So he feels even more it's his fault and he needs to stop. He keeps it a secret but then it gets to 19 and is pestered about mission. He wants to go but he has a problem he's lied about for so long. Everyone wonders why he hasn't left yet, and his Bishop is coming down hard. He finally tells the Bishop and then he's told he can't go until he stops. Now he wants to go, but he's not allowed. Parents keep asking, "Why's he not allowed?" Then the bishop finally caves and tells them, BECAUSE HE HAS A MASTURBATION PROBLEM, YOUR SON IS A PERVERT! The parents are so shocked, disgusted (Maybe not that Dad because he remembers the good ol' days where he jacked off too). They then want to help this terrible affliction and put the son on a program, becoming BIG BROTHER. And this kid tormented either gets turned off of the religion thing or goes hard line mormon to makeup for his terrible past.

Glad I was tight enough with the guys at a young age to know everyone was in he same place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: grassboy ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:58PM

And it's great for the members, because now they can say that all of us left because of masturbation or some other sin anyway, as can be seen by our contempt for the subject.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 01:23PM

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 01:28PM

I had suicidal thoughts because I thought Satan was getting ahold of me and causing me to have wet-dreams.

Total mind-fuck cult.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:37PM

Girls do it too. Just about everyone has done it. They assume girls don't, but we are all sexual beings and when you are growing up your body is changing and you don't understand the changes. The church would be smarter just to leave that subject way alone and keep it private.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:43PM

When I was 14 I confessed to my bishop I masturbated (ultra guilt was burdensome to me). He asked me if I french kissed my girlfriend, I told him no (a lie), and he told me to do my best to stop masturbating.

After my mission I taught the Deacons (12-13 yr olds) for a few years and never gave the sex lesson. They did not need to be burdened with crap.

Posted by: Marco Torres ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:46PM

I remember those horrific bishop interviews. I always lied but thought he could see right threw me. It was like 'now Marco, are you sure your name is not Jack Mehoff?' As a kid TBM I thought somehow he knew. But now that I am older and realize that everyone does it that explains everything. And TBM's wonder that when their kids get off of the house most of them go ape sh$t!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.