Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JMoney ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 04:11PM

http://jmoney2010-jmoney.blogspot.com/

So are these the final plans? Is the church trying to justify it by saying it's not a cross but a large t or something? haha

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 04:15PM

It's a screen grab from the CGI video. A few frames before and after you can see there's another crossbar toward the bottom of the door. It's a 6-panel door (or two 3-panel doors) but glare from a highlight briefly burns out the lower crossbar.

Posted by: JMoney ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 04:17PM

Posted by: rambo ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 04:29PM

I sent this pic to my sister and she responded with.

"Neat!" haha

My question would be why are we puttin crosses on temples.

Posted by: worldwatcher ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 04:46PM

rambo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My question would be why are we puttin crosses on
> temples.

If it is deliberate, note that Moroni is elevated to the top and the Cross is downgraded to the bottom....typical.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 04:58PM

. . . you know, where Lucifer, when expelled from the Garden of Eden, declares:

". . . [W]ith that enmity I will take the treasure of the earth, and with gold and silver I will buy up armies and navies, popes and priests, and reign with blood and horror on this earth!”

Wait, that "God-inspired" wording was eliminated from the Mormon Cult's temple ceremony wording back in 1990. See the progression of "modern-day revelation" temple ceremony hokey-pokey here:

("The LDS Endowment," under "Timeline: The timeline below summarizes the endowment's historical development," at: http://www.ldsendowment.org/timeline.html ; and "The LDS Endowment: The Garden," at: http://www.ldsendowment.org/garden.html )

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2010 05:10PM by steve benson.

Posted by: wrong way kid ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 12:53AM

I don't care what anybody says, that is a cross on the door and you know that every detail of the design of temples is scrutinized by the church. They most definitely know what they're doing. Even if there is another panel that isn't quite visible all the time, just having the front doors designed the way they are is quite telling.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 01:09AM

Mormon chaplains in the military wear a cross on their uniforms. The church knows when to give in and show the cross to appear Christian to others.

The deception is to the actual members who will believe it's an accident. The Romans will see a Christian church which is what the church wants them to see so that they can infiltrate the Catholic environment. The look on Monson's face when he announced the temple in Rome was very odd. As if he'd announced the Jerusalem temple or something. I think they view this one as a powerful presence to overthrow the Vatican and convert Catholics en mass. I really do believe they have the delusions.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 10:57AM

That is a cross. I copied the picture and put it in photoshop and enlarged it. Yep it is a cross. Another truth "we don't have crosses" that I defended all my life gone down in flames. I feel like I want to go back and apologize to the people I talked to and say they were right.

The Church would have had to approve those drawings before they were released. No wonder Monson looked funny. he knew what he was doing was not right. "We thank thee of God for a Prophet who guides us in lies all the way!"

The one thing I loved about the Mormon Church is they had no crosses. Now what can I say.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 11:07AM

Let's see if it is still there after the temple is built. My guess is that this pic is for PR for the Catholics (more we're Christians too), but it won't be there after construction.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.