Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: April 26, 2012 06:36AM

...because I and my other sibling did last August. It's great news! I remember the poor kid was bullied into getting baptized. Even as a member back then, when little bro turned eight and everyone said he HAD to get baptized, I got protective of his rights to refuse. After a while he bowed down under the pressure (small town issue) he went through with it. He has never been a devout member, however, and I'm glad, especially now.

I'll be helping him get his e-mail off. If only I could get my mother to officially resign, we'd have a household of ex-members. ;-)

The bishop in this town we moved to has never even seen us, so resigning has been rather simple. We still get the occasional missionary pair, but we get more JWs than them. Yay freedom! I've never felt so united with my little family when we had the church looming over us, molding us into...well, people who weren't truly US. Our bind is better. Now, if only the new step father (also an exmo) would get along with the boys...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 26, 2012 12:46PM

Good for you. Being the only exmo in a large family, I am very jealous but happy for you all to be out.

I know what you mean about being "united" with your family as I've always been on the outside. You are very lucky.

Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: April 27, 2012 04:17AM

Thank you, Blue! I know I'm pretty lucky to have my little end of this family to be away from the church. I'm sorry you don't have the support I do! Maybe one day you will :-)

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 27, 2012 08:19AM

Great news and great you are helping him. Yes, you must be happy. Celebrate with him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.