Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:04PM

You know, I think it's punishment enough that she has to live the kind of life she does. She can't possibly be a happy person. Everyone I know who has worked with her has nothing good to say about her, and I suspect it's because she finds herself a single professional woman in a religion and culture that disdains single professional women.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:21PM

Oh Sherri, DON'T!!!

LOL!

Posted by: lbenni ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:24PM

it is the funniest thing...I can't find it at the moment..

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:37PM

Oprah Winfrey's head on Ann Margret's body:

http://www.epagini.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/oprah-winfrey-2.jpg

Heeheehee!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:33PM

I can't imagine, I can't comprehend, I can't even begin to picture what it must be like to be Sheri Dew.

To me she's like an alien from another planet.

I wonder if she would think the same thing about the women on this board.

If we were all in the same room, I don't think she could hold a coherent conversation with us.

Date: May 04, 2012 04:38PM

I don't think she could even laugh with a face like that..

I remember her very public story of her *almost* marriage and the *dear jane* she got..

she is quite ugly...I sorry...If I was her, I would use all the money I made a Deseret Book to get some plastic surgery on my face

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 05:19PM

Sheri Dew promotes the Mormon agenda, which is that marriage and motherhood are the most important things a woman can accomplish. Listening to her talk in General Conference about the importance of motherhood - as a single woman - was sad. She could do so much more without that Mormon baggage. Ibenni, when you make fun of her for her appearance and for being single, you are promoting the Mormon stereotype that women are only important if they are married.

lbenni Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think she could even laugh with a face
> like that..
>
> I remember her very public story of her *almost*
> marriage and the *dear jane* she got..
>
> she is quite ugly...I sorry...If I was her, I
> would use all the money I made a Deseret Book to
> get some plastic surgery on my face

Do you know that Utah has the highest rate of plastic surgery in the country, due to attitudes like this? That's what makes it not so funny any more. Why should an accomplished single professional woman get plastic surgery to attract a loser Mormon husband?
The only problem I have with Sheri Dew is that she buys into these stereotypes - just like you do, apparently.
And it is rude to make fun of someone's appearance behind their back. I don't care how old you are, what your job is, or how many kids you've raised - you should have a little more common decency than that. Don't make fun of Sheri Dew by saying the same things about her that she's probably hearing from the Mormon church.

Date: May 04, 2012 05:30PM

sexismyreligion Wrote:
> Sheri Dew promotes the Mormon agenda, which is
> that marriage and motherhood are the most
> important things a woman can accomplish. Listening
> to her talk in General Conference about the
> importance of motherhood - as a single woman - was
> sad. She could do so much more without that Mormon
> baggage. Ibenni, when you make fun of her for her
> appearance and for being single, you are promoting
> the Mormon stereotype that women are only
> important if they are married.
>
>
> lbenni Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't think she could even laugh with a face
> > like that..
> >
> > I remember her very public story of her
> *almost*
> > marriage and the *dear jane* she got..
> >
> > she is quite ugly...I sorry...If I was her, I
> > would use all the money I made a Deseret Book
> to
> > get some plastic surgery on my face
>
> Do you know that Utah has the highest rate of
> plastic surgery in the country, due to attitudes
> like this? That's what makes it not so funny any
> more. Why should an accomplished single
> professional woman get plastic surgery to attract
> a loser Mormon husband?
> The only problem I have with Sheri Dew is that she
> buys into these stereotypes - just like you do,
> apparently.
> And it is rude to make fun of someone's appearance
> behind their back. I don't care how old you are,
> what your job is, or how many kids you've raised -
> you should have a little more common decency than
> that. Don't make fun of Sheri Dew by saying the
> same things about her that she's probably hearing
> from the Mormon church.

please find her email and I will make fun of her IN FRONT of her back...JUST JOKING...

no, I don't promote her agenda at all... I am single and will stay single because of just what you said>>>loser mormon men..

I watched my mother self destruct and die at age 39 partly due to marrying loser men...

I am very sorry I stepped into a land mine of sore spots...

I am from California...Los Angeles area to be exact and we here are just not that up to date with who Sherri Dew does and what she promotes nor do we give a hoot..

Here in California we have hunger anxiety...lots a people simply do not have enough food to eat, nor where there next meal will come from..

The Dogders are big here and they just got bought by Magic Johnson...

We have Medical Marijuana...

We have our issues...but Sherri Dew?!...Who in the H*** is that?

Again, I am sorry

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 09:56AM

lbenni Wrote:
> she is quite ugly...I sorry...If I was her, I would use all the money I made a Deseret Book to get some plastic surgery on my face

She's 59 years old and she looks completely normal for her age. Good, even. Some women don't care to get cosmetic surgury or treatment. I talked to a colleague who got a facelift, and she told me how painful it was, and how she wasn't sure that she'd do it again. Each to her own.

I think that Sherri Dew is in a tough spot since she hasn't followed the norm for the LDS church.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 09:59AM

Actually, she looks to me like she has had some bad cosmetic surgery, especially around the eyes.

Date: May 05, 2012 11:27AM

Okay, I'll go into critique mode. She badly needs some filler for the frown lines between her eyebrows. I think if she had any work done at all, they would have easily talked her into that -- probably given it to her for free.

Other than that, not bad at all. She wears a lot of foundation. She needs help with her eye makeup (please, no raccoon eyeliner at her age,) and her lipstick color. Haircolor and cut could use some tweaking.

I still say she looks completely normal for 59.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 11:27AM by summer.

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:45PM

Date: May 04, 2012 04:50PM

What kind of person thinks it's a good idea to make fun of another person? A bully, that's who. Even if she never reads this - even if she really was that ugly (especially if she was), it just shows an absolute lack of character to make fun of a person's appearance like that. Didn't you ever learn how to behave like a decent human being? If Sheri Dew said something that you disagree with, feel free to share your opposing opinion. Personally attacking her is just juvenile and mean.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:54PM

AGREE.

Mormons don't need others to poke fun, detail their idosnycracies/oddities, they do More Than a FINE JOB by themselves.

Beauty, indeed, is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 04:57PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 04:59PM

Done & done.

Date: May 04, 2012 04:56PM

I totally agree with you, I am having an off day..

I didn't put up the Sheri Dew Fan Club site...

I just found it and thought since it was already there, I would promote it.

I am being very juvenile..after all I am 56 years old, raised 2 boys to be very successful adults...and have worked nights as an RN...I should know better...

But everyone is entitled to an off day once and a while..

I was having a " Ferris Buler Day Off" day.

Please forgive me everyone who took offense to making fun of an other human being

Date: May 04, 2012 05:02PM

Everyone sing,

"Sheri, Sheri Doo,
Where are you?
We got some myths to tell now,

Sheri, Sheri Doo,
We see you,
Pretending to have some answers."

Date: May 04, 2012 05:05PM

now see what you started....five lashes with a wet noodle for you..

but...but...I was just trying to PROMOTE sheri dew, not demote her

Date: May 04, 2012 05:27PM

Hey, I did not make fun of her appearance, just her name, and the fact that she spreads filth. If the men on the big 15 can be good targets for scorn, then this woman shouldn't have any special protection. I do stay away from ones appearances, as beliefs are more prone to change.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 06:05PM

WWSD

What Would Sheri Dew?

Date: May 04, 2012 06:09PM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 05:55PM

Give everyone a break! I'm going to make fun of Sheri Dew, because I don't like what she produces. I have always disliked Mormon writing. Most of the drivel is just too awful to publish and sell. I abhor lies and hype--and it doesn't make a difference if the posers are attractive or ugly.

I have a question about Sheri Dew's talents and qualifications: "Who is she related to?" How the Hell did she get to where she is?

Honestly, I don't think she would have made it in the world outside the cult. Can you visualize her as a single working woman in New York, for instance? Could she keep pace with those slick, sharp, intelligent women? Could she compete with even the oldest and ugliest?

Date: May 04, 2012 06:01PM

thanks forest pal...did you read my last post..it is tucked in with sexismyreligion's post...

and, no, I could not, would not see her keep pace with the oldest or ugliest...

she is such an oddity...stuck in the Rocky Mountains..

She has never been interviewed by a mainstream news media..

She is just known in TSCC

Date: May 04, 2012 06:12PM

Maybe she is someone's secret extra wife?

I mean they like to talk about how between the 12, they have all the keys, and how the prophet has all the keys. Wasn't polygamy one of the keys?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 06:13PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: yz ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 06:20PM

She is just another of the cult's rabid hate-filled bigots as far as I'm concerned. Read this and tell me this bitch deserves any niceness or consideration from the public at large at all:

http://atheism.about.com/b/2004/08/30/anti-gay-invocation-at-gop-convention.htm

Date: May 04, 2012 06:35PM

She sees a picture of a gay couple getting married, each holding a twin baby they adopted, and instead of saying, "How sweet!" like any normal human being, she felt "distressed" and "heartsick". I didn't know she was such a heartless b**ch.
By all means, fire away at her, I have no objection. I only have a problem with Ibenni's tactics of ridiculing her based on her appearance and status as a single woman. Let's point out her real flaws - that she's an unfeeling human being with no compassion. Ibenni, you don't have to stay single, she's your perfect match.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:00PM

That made my head hurt. Gay marriage = Hitler. Loving, committed relationships = breathtakingly vile and brutal dictatorship that murdered millions of people.

Someone please, please take me out of the jello belt so I can pretend that mormons just don't exist anymore.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:03PM

+1

Gay marriage=Hitler??

She is heartless, delusional and bigoted. She deserves any ridicule she gets.

Date: May 05, 2012 10:08AM

Some people are very, very frightened by change, and Sherri Dew is one of them. When she's frightened, she retreats to the safety of the church's teachings.

It would help her if she had someone in a gay relationship in her life -- a colleague who could talk to her about going to (any other) church on Sunday, having the family over, fretting about her child's performance in school, or any other normal thing. That helps you to realize that hey, gay people are just like us. They are human. They have lives and wants and fears just like we do. They want homes and families and kids just like we do. They are not the dreaded, "other."

In such a heavily Mormon atmosphere, Sherri has been living and working in a bubble. She hasn't had much of a chance to be exposed to other people and beliefs. I'm not excusing her; I'm just saying that she's a product of her environment.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 07:43PM

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 09:38AM

I don't like Sheri Dew... I only like Mountain Dew… :-D

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:01AM

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:19AM

only mountain dew...never sheri dew...

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:41AM

I think Dew is one of the saddest cases in contemporary Mormonism. Here's a smart, capable woman who will never fit into the Mormon-woman mold, and yet she allows herself to be used to both make Mormonism appear to accept things it does not (powerful, independent women) and to promote a way of conceptualizing gender roles and authority that basically condemns her. In the patriarchy of which she is part, she, being unmarried, is perpetually a child/daughter, not even grown up by their distorted notions (never mind that Mormon women don't get to grow up at all).

I can't imagine how deep her self-hatred must run and it breaks my heart to consider it. If anything is ugly about Dew, it's not her appearance. It's her shitty beliefs and the self-loathing that makes way for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.