Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 02:00AM

Wow - only a few days with my 4 adorable but high-energy grandchildren have reminded me that I'm called "PapaKen" for a reason! I will survive, but I need a few extra Energy Drinks to keep up the pace. Today we circled the neighborhood park on bikes at least 10 times, and we re-arranged toys in the play room until I was completely out of new decorator ideas. We made multi-colored paper airplanes and flew all around the world by aiming them at various countries on a world map. But the best part happened just a few minutes ago when I looked in on them and their mischievous ways had all melted into peaceful sleeping angel faces. Is there anything like being a grandpa?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 04:22AM

Ah, what a wonderful experience, to be able to share time with the little ones!

On days like today, isn't it wonderful to be alive?

Now, grandpa, you'd better get some sleep too.

Remember, those little kidlums will wake up in the morning with another round of boundless energy. Not like us old folks, who wake up to the tune of stiff muscles and slowed reflexes.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 09:20AM

I have 2 teenage grand daughters.
Now that's an experience. I have been very involved with their lives. They still have that energy that wears me out....but I love it.

Good for you PapaKen. Hope you slept well too. :)

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 10:08AM

I'm Nana to our only (so far) grandchild - an almost 4-year-old girl we adore beyond words. Being her Nana is the best "job" I've ever had! I love being a grandparent and being able to, relatively speaking, slow down and enjoy her for who she is rather than having to worry about raising her and doing all the parental things. Glad you enjoy the experience too - it's the best!!

Posted by: Bridget ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 10:59AM

PK, you sound like a blast!

I guess eventually I'll get there. Right now, pretty tuckered out just raising my own kids, who are almost adults!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 01:10PM

xx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2012 01:42PM by wine country girl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.