Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jacobkolob ( )
Date: May 11, 2012 12:51PM

A disturbing call from my ex-wife in SLC. My step-nevermo- daughter's husband was found by his TBM mother in her garage dead. He hung himself. Just also found out, he was an RM who left his mission early cause he hated the church, and wanted be Catholic, like his dad.
At the wedding, the TBM MIL never smiled once, and also had been bagering my step-son-in-law to get active again. My daughter was not good enough for her since she was not a mormon.
The situation became worse, she created a division between them, which resulted in a separation and they were living apart for about a month prior to the discussion about getting back or getting a divorce. His last post on Facebook stated, well I guess we're getting divorced. About 12:30 a.m. TBM mom found him.
Sadly, my two grandson's knew him as daddy, even though he wasn't. You could tell they loved him, and he them.
My daughter is a mess. Her sister and brother, and their mother are trying to help her cope.
To try and give support over the phone I started thinking all the usual Mormon BS "quotes" and just couldn't mouth those vile lying words that are supposed to comfort someone at a time of loss. Not worth repeating here.
Although I live in Texas, and spent little time with him, the info from my family, emphasized the guilt he lived with every day. They lived in the basement of his mother's house, and the tension with MIL and my daughter, and my grandchildren was too great. They needed to move. But when he lost his job, they couldn't.
I hope Karma pays that witch(with a B) back for never giving him positive feedback. For never being happy that he was happy. It was afterall, all about the perception of her peers (read church) that was important, how this marriage looked to others, and not her family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: May 11, 2012 01:07PM

That is so sad to hear.

I can't imagine being at such a horrible place in your life and not even having the support of your own mother :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.