Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 04:48PM

Oh by the way that means...Take-That-Sitting-Down-You-Lying-Geriatric-Charlatan-Loser-Who-Should-Know-Better Award!!!

Would that we could as ExMos all have a similar opportunity presented to us as think4u did...and capitalize on it as well as she did!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 04:50PM

Posted by: H. ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 05:25PM

I can believe the story about meeting L. Tom Perry in the mall. I ran into Elder Uchdorf on October 16, 2010 while hiking Brighton Lakes Trail. He was with his wife, daughter, and grandson. I was hiking with some TBMs at the time. Once they realized who he was, they rushed forward excitedly to meet him. I watched the scene in mild curiosity. Afterwards, they gushed about how amazing it was to meet him (someone they probably thought was one step away from Godhood). There certainly weren't any bodyguards around or anyone to drive away people that might want to confront him.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 05:27PM

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 05:52PM

From the other thread...

Still More

One more thought Think4u:

"You called Perry a liar...wouldn't it more fair to him to say that perhaps he just didn't know the details. He's an old man, he hasn't spent his life really dealing with these subjects in specifics and although I'm sure he has some basic information with respect to the subjects you brought up with him...to call him a bold faced liar...with out really knowing...is a bit of a stretch.

Wow I never thought I'd end up defending "L. Tom" but really he's just an old man rearranging the chairs on the Titanic"

You're kidding me right?! Hasn't spent his life really dealing with these subjects in specifics? Seriously?

Newsflash: THEY ARE ALL IN ON THE SCAM. Perry knew every bit of what she was talking about. THEY ARE ALL LIARS. It's just that the perks are too good to be honest with the sheeple. Why do that? You've got millions forking over their money to you and think you speak to Jesus in person. I imagine he was just taken aback at not being worshiped in person. Took him by surprise.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 10:15PM

No, kidding, I have no problem with calling him out as being dishonest and that in general they all lie by their silence. I did not say "You are a bold face liar"- but I certainly could have. Because it is the truth.

They all are liars and they well know it, and if for some reason one or 2 or them do not know it, then they have an absolute responsibility to learn about what they are testifying too: it is just wrong to testify that you know something to be true, especially as some special witness of Christ, if you have not studied it out and in fact KNOW what you say is indeed true. In one week of study anyone can know for sure that the mormon church is not at all what it claims to be.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 05:07AM

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:28AM

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:00PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.