Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: colonelmoroni ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:38AM

December 6th, Monday, two days ago. I was sitting in Rumbi's drinking a coke, reflecting on the years we had been dating. Three o'clock and exactly two years to the minute. Looking out the window I unexpectedly see think4u's blue jeep pull up in a rush.
At first I thought she had decided to help me celebrate our benchmark day as she literally flew out of her car and into the seat next to me. "You won't believe what just happened, you just won't believe it". Thinking she had fallen in love with me all over again, she said, "no, it's even better than that!".
For anyone who doubts the reality of her experience with Tom Perry, you'd only have had to see and feel her rapture as she described in detail her encounter. Trust me, there is only one think4u.
Beautiful, smart, assertive, and in your face with the truth. She was energized, jazzed, and simply bursting with delight. I have to admit, even I had to ask if she was putting me on, ie, the chance encounter, no body guard, no admirers asking for autographs and blessings. But it was all true.
I have known this remarkable woman for two years now (10 in dog years as we say to each other), her integrity and zest for truth is unquestioned. As someone posted, she ROCKS! For the past two days, we've savored and recounted every moment. I still laugh, picturing her bearing her holy toast inspired testimony that the church is not what it claims to be and driving home her assertion that hiding the truth from members is inexcusable and damaging.
You would not want to cross this lady with lies, and I have little doubt that he had never encountered anyone, especially this educated, well informed, politely assertive, passionate woman who would not let him get away with his pretense. Even this supposed kind decent man, Gods witness, must have felt a bit intimidated in her presence. What guts and courage, but I'm not surprised in the least that she wouldn't let this once in a life time opportunity pass her by.
This is a first posting for me, totally motivated by some of the doubters out there who seem to feel this was either too good to be true, or that her story was embellished or exaggerated in some way. She has this thing about saying what's on her mind, and contrary to Body K's admonition, she finds truth to be very useful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:42AM

Aww, what a thoughtful post! She seems like a truly amazing woman and my heart was racing just reading her original post on how she dressed down Tom Perry.

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:46AM

And I just gotta say.. the title of this thread sounds pretty obscene to the casual browser! Who would nail an octogenarian like Tom Perry?

Posted by: GenY ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:52AM

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 01:23AM

I have to wonder. The whole story seems like a life lesson in mormonism. Think4u expects everyone to swallow a seemingly perfect story with no proof to back it up. She then claims that she would not lie about such a thing and then goes out of her way to insist that she doesn't care what people think of her story, time and time again.

Personally I don't care if it's true or not. I just find it suspicious that there is so much effort going into trying to claim that her story is true when there is no proof to back it up. I think it is suspicious that she seems to take offense when people express a reasonable doubt. That seems an awfull lot like a con man tactic to me. Trust me, I've worked in sales before and i smell a whopper.

Even if it were true, who really cares? Tom Perry is a cult leader whether he realizes it or not. calling him out would acomplish little except to make the one doing it feel like they had some closure. In my line of work I've had to deal with and question govt officials who have way more practical influence than he does so I get the sense of thrill, but the act is hardly representative of all ex Mos or important to anyone but Think4u.

Overall I have to call BS on this one think4u. You are the one making the claim YOU shouls provide the evidence for it or quit getting defensive when people call BS. Anybody who feels like believing or who has some personal knowledge that would validate think4u's claim should come forward with it or acknowledge that thier support is based on faith alone.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:23AM

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:06PM

writing this stuff. If you don't know and don't care, why do you feel the need to "call BS"?
I guess it makes you feel high and mighty or something.

Date: December 08, 2010 12:26PM

I really couldn't care less whether or not the story is true or not, it has no bearing on my life. What I DO care about is the attitude and backlash toward those uf us who have expressed reasonable skepticism. It reminds me of the attitudes I encounterdd when I started talking topeople about the very complaints think4u claims to have relayed to Tom Perry. I think it should be understood that many of us are very reluctant to take things at face value.

It has nothing to do with trying to be "high and mighty". Quite the contrary, in my case I am simply trying to point out that anger directed toward peoples expressions of skepticism is irrational unless there is proof to back the claim up.

If it really happened it's cool as hell, way to go think4u. If not then I think it's funny how many people believed without more proof than a strong testimony of the event. Either way I think it's even funnier how many people are jumping in to defend a story that they had no participation in or any real knowledge of.

Posted by: XX-Man ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:08PM

luckychucky, you are wrong on this one. I know this woman from our experience together over 3 years ago and I know that if she is saying this is what happened then you can count on it! I will leave it at that.

Oh, hi think4u and I hope you are happy and doing well. I want to thank you for our experience together as we both were finding out the real truths about Mormonism at about the same time. Best to you!

Date: December 08, 2010 12:30PM

XX-man, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong. The floor is yours I will leave it at that too.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 01:28AM

The thing is that people don't like being called liars. It has happened to me and, while my life goes on even if a few people here don't believe me, it is still unpleasant. I figure that if you don't have proof that someone is lying, it is better to keep your doubts to yourself.Skepticism is good, but making accusations with no proof isn't. JMO. I don't doubt this story, but then I have no way to prove it either. The thing is that any of us could be lying about anything we post. How do we know?

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 01:56AM

At least she said who it was. Unlike that guy who claimed he interviewed an apostle but wouldn't even say who it was and expected us all to believe him.

Date: December 08, 2010 02:14AM

It could be true. The story is certainly within the realm of posability. But to me it seems too good to be true. You know what they say about things that are too good to be true, right?

I am just of the opinion that whether it is true or false nobody has a right to get mad when pepole ask question. Nobody likes being called a liar, I agree. But I think you only have a right to get upset about the accusation it when they do so in the face of evidence. Think4U presented nothing other than her story as evidence. That only works among associates. The anecdotal testimony of someones associate meeans little to me as well unless I am very familiar with them. I'll give the poster credit for writing a good story, one that is even uplifting (or "faith promoting"). But I can't in good conscience say that I think it actually happened in the real world the way it is reported. Nor can I sit by without posting my concerns. After all this is a discussion forum, where we discuss things, right?

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 03:06AM

I agree with you. I got SO much shit from questioning the veracity of one posters claim that he had interviewed an apostle, he said he even tape recorded it. Yet would put up ZERO evidence to prove it. Anyway I called BS and was attacked on here for it.

I can't say if it's true or not but at least she gave details which is way more than the other guy was willing to do. I could see the encounter being embellished perhaps to make a better story but I don't think she's making up the initial confrontation.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 02:24AM

Well, she did give her history on the forum and get some people to vouch for her. I didn't find the story unbelievable and I doubt the GAs travel with bodyguards when they are shopping etc. You have a right to express your opinion, but I can understand why she is upset.I just didn't see any more reason to disbelieve her story than most of the stuff that is posted.Even if it isn't true, it doesn't really matter. Nobody lives are being changed at all based on this story.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 06:39AM

I'd feel hurt if I told an exciting event and people didnt believe me, but only for about a minute since I know no one here personally. It can be questionable though if someone has to put "True story" or "this really happened" in the headline. If the story is real those additions are unnecessary.

Posted by: american jesus ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:06AM

Like i said, anyone can post anything on the internet. This post is a good example.

It is indeed suspicious that there is so much effort to "prove" the veracity of this encounter yet no proof is given,except for words on the internet. All I am saying is.....trust but verify

Posted by: skeptix R us ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:11AM

One amazing story followed up by an unknown with the same writing style.

I believed the story at first, but this followup makes me wonder.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:17AM

colonelmoroni is actually Col. Mustard from ancient America. Cousin to Cap Crunch-Moroni.

Posted by: she ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:14AM

I could feel the positive energy in think4u's original post.
I can feel the delight and admiration in your post.
You guys sound like a fun couple!
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Happy Holidays to you both!

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:14AM

... I like the military themed handle. Major Bidamon at your service sir!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:26AM

Posted by: colonelmoroni ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:17AM

Actually it's kind of a compliment. She's a good writer and it's nice to think our styles are similar. If you knew her, you'd know how credible she is and how much she values integrity and truth. It did happen, but we were both surprised at some peoples comments and strong disbelief. It was a spur of the moment happening,no time for video or rounding up witnesses. Fun to share the excitement and event with others, and certainly a day we'll both remember. I suppose the skepticism is understandable, a little over the top in some cases, but it doesn't really matter all the much. It was nice having a forum to share what happened.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:32AM

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:32AM

I trust most of the people on this board more than I do the geriatric authorities. And to think I once trusted my salvation to them.

I believe in Think4u. I don''t KNOW that what she said is true, but I believe it is.

:)

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:21PM

I have not posted for so very long before this TP thing happened to me, that I really forgot something very important. You all are right, it is up to each individual to decide what they choose to believe or not, and that is the way it should be. It was not my place to feel offended when some did not believe me, and it just does not really matter to me anymore.

Like my best friend , Col. Mormoni said, it was just so much fun to have a place to share the experience. He is out this am helping with grandkids but I don't think he will be gone to long. He is a very good writer, and his exit story is very interesting, so as soon as I talk with him I will have him post it here. He may be to humble to say this, but he has a masters and doctorate degree, is a brilliant man, and was once in the bishopric of his ward.

I was divorced on Nov. 17th 2008, and we met at Rumbi's Dec. 6, just a couple of weeks later. We have dated on and off, but I shall always love this good man. I suffered so very much through the past 2 years dealing with all 5 of my TBM kids, their spouses, and not being allowed to be alone with my grandkids.

I was married over 38 years and when I left my ex no longer wanted me. I lost every one of my old friends but one, I believe because I left so very publicly, I told everyone I knew I no longer believed, and apparently that is just not done here in Utah. It was hard, I mean really really hard, many tears, and C Moroni was there for it all.

My middle daughter had a 4 month old baby die this last year, and she still will not speak to me. She blames me for the death, because I did not have enough faith, mormon faith. It has been very painful, but I am a survivor, and with C Moroni's help, I have made it through, and am doing far better than I was last year at this time.

I used to post as moronomore, but changed that name because my kids spied on and found me here and I am sure found the name as well as the topics offensive. I don't think they have looked in quite a while because I just quit posting months ago, so I feel pretty sure they will never see this, but if they do, so be it. I am much stronger now and will just tell them to mind their own business, and that if they look they get what they deserve.

Mostly I just want to take a moment to thank Col Moroni for his undying love and support for me. He has never once wavered in that, even when I have dated others here and there a bit, he has just sat back and patiently waited. He is one remarkable guy and I know he will be happy to share his story here on line with you.

Col.Moroni., I will always love you for the very good man you are, and for all you have done for me, the countless acts of love and sacrifice, showing up in the middle of the night when the batteries in the smoke detectors were low and were beeping and I had no idea of what to do (we live only 10 min, apart here in Sandy), and a million other things big and small. You have pulled me out of depression when I was so low I did not really want to go on anymore. And now I'm tearing up as I recall the day you found me with the razor blade cutting myself, and took it from me, and just let me cry for hours it seemed. You are my hero, and have never, ever let me down. I know you wrote what you did trying to protect me as always, but it is okay. We have nothing to prove. I love you and always will. My life just would not ever be the same without you in it. Sorry, folks, this is a real love story, and you can believe it or not, but I just wanted to thank him once, publicly, for all that he means in my life. I love you Colonel Moroni, from my heart's bottom. Think4u

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 12:27PM by think4u.

Posted by: Strykary ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:02PM

User Profile : colonelmoroni
Email: Hidden

As it stands, I haven't seen a post by think4u in this thread. Before any opinions are set in ink, I say we wait until she clarifies whether this interaction with colonelmoroni actually took place.

Regardless of whether think4u's story is true or not, colonelmoroni's may serve the singular purpose of "poisoning the well." Jaded and cynical me will sit in a corner eating munchies now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 12:03PM by Strykary.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 07:19PM

Sounds like a good number have a degree in BS detection also.
They want proof. They want evidence. They want ..... pictures! :-)

I think this is what happens with many when they leave the LDS Church. They have been betrayed by being trusting, and they are not playing that game anymore.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely, plausible....Sure, why not?

Whether the claimed event happened or not, it's a good story.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.