Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chilango que no comprende a los mormones ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 03:24PM

I have studied genetics, archaeology, etc., firsthand and some things are so evident that I facepalm when I see mormons denying the evidence.

It seems impossible to me that such great civilization as lamanites, nefites, and jaredites, existed, without leaving a single freaking bit of footprints.

Also, Native Americans are from a different race as Jews (Mongoloid and Caucasian respectively). Heck, they are not descendants of Jews, why is it so hard to understand?

This is not limited to naive and misled mormons who don't know anything; educated mormons also believe it, but deny the evidence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 10:49PM

My personal feeling about Mormon doctrine is that it is ignorant and ill-informed. So why do people believe in such nonsense?

The answer is that they want an edge over others. Make no mistake, TBMs believe that they are superior to Einstein and Copernicus. Every time one of those two men blew his nose, he expelled more serious matter than Tommy Monson.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 11:46PM

Do you remember the movie The Sixth Sense? In it, the little boy was describing ghosts and said something like "They don't know they are dead. They only see what they want to see."

That explains Mormonism in a nutshell. They don't realize they are dead ... zombies enslaved to a church that is exploiting them. They think they are just like everyone else, going on with their lives. And they only see what they want to see. They want Mormonism to be true for whatever reason. Perhaps they like having the answers to life's mysteries because they can't tolerate uncertainty. Or maybe they are desperate for a happy family and Mormon mythology makes that seem possible to them. They may need to fit in to a distinct culture because they are afraid of standing on their own. It could be a personality disorder such as narcissism and the church makes them feel special and superior, or BPD whose sufferers are often attracted to the strict rules, easy familiarity and assigned identity that a cult offers. Or maybe they just plain don't have time to think about what they believe in because the church keeps them running in circles and the information you listed is only available to Mormons who look. The rank and file just believe what they are told. It could be lots of things.

And because their need is so great, it blinds them to common sense. No different than a drug addict whose need to shoot up outweighs his common sense. Or, more simply, like a teenager in love who will not listen to their parents who can see how obvious it is that the object of their affection is a big old mess.

They only see what they want to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2012 11:50PM by CA girl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.