Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: May 21, 2012 08:46PM

Oh my goodness!! I just want to comment so bad and say, "wow if that's not the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is!" This same 'friend' -- who hasn't so much as sniffed in my direction in like a year, even after my daughter was born last year, also tweeted to a "gaymormon" after general conference that "just because something is good doesn't mean we should do it." I mean, how was this girl ever my (childhood) friend? How did she turn out so bigoted? I keep having the urge to unfriend her, but she's like a train wreck. I just can't seem to look away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 04:29AM

I haven't seen a Kirby salesperson or a magazine salesperson in years. It could be the big sign on the front door that says NO CAMPAIGNING, NO SOLICITING, NO PROSTHELYTIZING!

Posted by: lefthandedgoat ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 05:00AM

I totally understand the train wreck thing! LOL

I have close family members who are rabid TBM racists, homophobes and in general right wing nuts and post crazy stuff all the time on FB. I've hidden their news feeds because it bothers me so much but every now and I have to go and check and see what crazy stuff they've posted and I'm never disappointed! Maybe I'm an ambulance chaser.

Posted by: BadSheep ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 05:32AM

I totally know what you mean. A lot of my TBM aunts, uncles, and cousins are my facebook friends. Luckily most of them have moved to Utah, so I haven't seen them in years. But they are constantly posting stuff on facebook that just makes me fighting mad! I try to ignore it but every once in a while I just have to comment. Oh well, I never was a good sheep, and they always knew that about me. Maybe they pray for me.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 09:37AM

but, believe it or not, I bought ANOTHER Kirby from the nice kid who came by 1-1/2 years ago. He was such a good kid (and he smoked besides--I can't imagine how the mormons treated him--all my favorite family members smoke, so I have a soft spot in my heart for all smokers)--but this kid. He was just genuine in every way. I've never regretted buying it from him.

Can't say the same for the mormons who have called me to repentance.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 09:46AM

I always ask magazine salesmen for their solicitors license, a document most cities require anyone going door to door for a business to have. (Note, religious pitchmen were found by the Supreme Court to not need such documents and school kids are often exempted as well) In all the times I have asked for such documentation, none have ever been able to produce any, and I have told them if they did not leave the neighborhood at once, I would call the cops. On two separate occasions the magazine guys tried flashing a document, without letting me examine them. One of these was a random newspaper clipping that the guy had placed in a clear plastic folder, on a cord around his neck.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 12:42PM

Just a warning for those living in mormon country.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 04:08PM

Did you ask if it was the play or the actual book?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.