Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nolongerin ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 11:23AM

Conversation this morning:

DD: Dad really wants me to go to girls camp with his church. I don't want to, so I'm going to tell him no.

Me: If you don't want to go, it's okay to say no.

DD: I really don't want to go. I think it would be boring. So I'm going to say no.

Me: Sounds like you're firm about that.

DD: I am.

Me: (smiling heart)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 11:26AM

Nice. My daughter was like that last year - the first 8 items on the packing list were things like "Book of Mormon, Ensign, Journal, For the Strength of Youth pamphlet.." DD said it sounded like three days of church. Unfortunately, this year she wants to go. She promised me she wouldn't drink the Kool-aid and she routinely rolls her eyes at Mormons Behaving Badly. I hope she goes and sees how much sillier it is than her Girl Scout Camp, if she insists on going.

Congratulations on teaching your daughter boundaries. Sounds like a strong young lady.

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 11:58AM

*Shivers* Girls camp... my mother would make me go... I felt like a jew being sent to the holocaust. My mother loved girls camp because she loves being around groups of women and she loves camping. I am COMPLETELY opposite. I would rather tuck myself under some warm blankets with my man and play video games all day. The last time I ever attended girls camp was when I was 15. I came home and put my foot down and told her of my horrific experience. It HAILED the entire time. All my clothes and sleeping bad were soaked and I was endanger of pneumonia. We had about 5 greenies that bitched, moaned and cried the entire time while the rest of us did all the effing work, and one of my leaders would not stop talking $#!% behind my back. Luckily, my mother is not a manipulative person, and decided I was old enough to make my own decisions. I never went again.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.