Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mywayback ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 03:40PM

I still receive emails regarding church stuff. An email has been sent out regarding questions to ask the stake pres. I would like to ask some questions which can remain anonymous. Anyone have any good ones?

-S

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: winternight ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 03:44PM

Ask him if he knows the connection of endowment ceremony to Masonic/Luciferian rites. That should cause him to think.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 03:57PM

This is a trap or just a trick like a boss claiming he has an open door policy so he seems friendly.

If you are sending the question by e-mail they will know it is you and why would they keep it private when they wont keep anything else about people private.

They wont actually answer any of the hard questions anyway and it will give clues into what issues you have with the church so they have more information about you. They may try to use that information to get you to come back.

But it is still a fun game to play: so I propose an easy one:
How many wives of JS were married to other men at the time that he married them?

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:02PM

Why did Jesus destroy the unbelievers in the Americas right after He died for their sins?

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:04PM

Because he's an asshole.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:33PM

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:39PM

Would Raptor Jesus have done that?

I think not!

Posted by: mywayback ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:23PM

I have an address to drop my anonymous questions off at...I'm sure they will figure out its me but whatever I am going to have a little fun with this.

-S

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:29PM

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:33PM

I'm guessing he wants questions to use to answer in a future talk. You can be pretty confident that he'll filter out your questions. But if you want to make a list for him, have fun.

Posted by: doubleb ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 04:58PM

My top 10 suggested questions:

(1) Why are there no archaeological artifacts in the Smithsonian that prove to be Hebrew/Reformed Egyptian in nature?
(2) How did Joseph Smith f-ck Fanny Algiers and not get excommunicated/demoted?
(3) Why does the church continue to state that Joseph was killed by a random mob whipped up by the devil rather than the truth which is he was killed by men that were pissed that Joseph had destroyed property, denied freedom of the press, and was a general asshole to anyone in Illinois & Missouri?
(4) Why was the issue of polygamy dealt as a bargaining chip by the Bretheren in seeking Utah statehood as the 45th state?
(5) Why was the priesthood to the blacks dealt as a bargaining chip by the Brethern in seeking to maintain tax-exempt status ahead of an NAACP lawsuit?
(6) How can the Plan of Salvation be valid when only 0.01% partake of its existence (7 million actives on a 7 billion population planet)?
(7) Why is the Book of Abraham still one of the four standard works when it's been proven to be a funerary scroll for some Egyptian schlep, not a revelation about Abraham?
(8) If the Bretheren are inspired, how did they not see Hofman from a million miles away? A friggin' white salamander? Really?
(9) Is it not obvious to you how diametrically opposed are the concepts of a Saturday's Warrior and a $3 billion mall?
(10) Bro Stake President, is your penis so small that you have to continue to hang on to your Stake President authority to feel important in your life while simultaneously demanding Primary children give you tithing pennies and Deacons not touch themselves?

(Yeah, I'm still working through some bitterness issues. Be patient with me...)

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 05:08PM

Along with the Book of Abraham papyri they also have what Joseph Smith called the Book of Joseph papyri. Joseph said he was going to translate that as well, but met his demise before he could do it.

Ask your stake president when is the prophet going to translate the Book of Joseph papyrus?

As a side note, ask him if the prophet has considered translating the characters on the Anthon Transcript.

Please let me know the type and amount of squirming they do.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 05:17PM

Why do you think it is that the Lord chooses to organize and run his only earthly organization in a manner that exactly mirrors the organization and practices of other groups that are confirmed to be dangerous psychological cults? Is this some kind of cruel test?

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 10:39PM

We have a winner!

Posted by: davesnothere ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 05:32PM

What does Jesus think of the leaders of his church spending 5 billion dollars on a shopping mall while there's still people who go to bed hungry every night?

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 05:33PM

Why aren't there any leaders that are honest enough to tell the truth about the whole stinking mess?

Why isn't there any leaders that are honest in their dealings with their fellow man?

How do they have the audacity to demand honesty out of the members when they themselves are chronic liars?

Honest, true, chaste, benevolent? I don't see those qualities in one single male in church leadership. Why is this ok?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 05:43PM

Ask him how long he can hope to have an "open" mind before the Cult Politburo in SLC spanks him?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 05:54PM

How many High Priest does he know who have had prostate problems? How many of those same high priest may have been healthier had they masturbated a couple times a week?

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 05:59PM

Posted by: Schlock ( )
Date: May 25, 2012 06:20PM

Couch all of your questions as if you're truly interested in his opinion. Also, make sure all of your questions are emotionally neutral. Don't let him shift to the thinking: "Oh, another wacko anti."

"I was always baffled by the BOM stories of horses, steel, and wheels. If the native americans indeed had access to those technologies of battle, they would have fared much better in their interactions with the conquistadores. Can you explain this discrepancy?"

"When reading the BOM, my understanding was that the Hebraic people that were Lehi's descendants covered the western hemisphere, from Patagonia to Alaska. Why do all of the DNA studies that have been conducted on the native american people in the last 15 years overwhelmingly point to their genetic origins stemming from the Siberian Far East, not the Mediterranean Near East?"

"Why did Joseph Smith send men on overseas missions, and then secretly marry and consummate said marriages to those missionaries' wives? That's always seemed strange to me."

"Why didn't Joseph Smith disclose his polygamous marriages to teenage girls to Emma Smith?"

"Why did the church build a $5 billion mall instead of spending the money on building more chapels / stake centers / temples in the poorer nations where the saints would appreciate nice buildings in which to worship Heavenly Father?"

Date: May 26, 2012 09:52AM

I can answer your last question. You see, membership numbers are declining, so the church doesn't need all those new fancy buildings. Plus with all the money they are saving using slave labor for cleaning and yard work (if you are forced to work through guilt I consider it a form of slavery) they had to find a place to park all that money. Then they remembered they had family members in the construction business, and that they could use the profits from the mall to pay themselves salaries for sitting on the Board of Directors of the corporate arm of the church.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 07:29PM

Why didn't the Nephites bring old world diseases or immunity from those diseases with them?

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 11:53PM

And why do North Europeans who, through a fairly recent mutation developed a lack of melanin in the skin, probably benefitting them in the synthesis of Vitamin D in their cloudy post ice-age environment get to be the chosen "white and delightsome?"

We all descended from Africans and it strongly appears that all our ancestors were blackety black-black!

By the way, Aussie Aborigines are very dark, but genetically the are Caucasian.

I am an Irish-Norwegian-German and sincerely wish I were darker. Skin cancer is a bitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 11:57PM by rationalguy.

Posted by: waner ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 09:47AM

Ask him what he thinks about the Kinderhook plates. When I found out about the phoney translation, let alone that they discovered one of the actual plates and were able to date the plates to 1800's, I was a deer stuck in the headlights. So how did Joseph translate a portion of these plates if they were furnished in 1800's and not of ancient origin like Joseph Smith claimed? In addition, it takes up eight pages of the book History of the Church by Joseph Smith. It's very difficult to refute your (Church's) own words.

And the Book of Abraham is a good one, considering they have the scrolls that he translated from and it has nothing to do with Abraham.

Essentially, I think it's good to use facts and something that is tangible. DNA evidence also is a blackeye to the Mormon church's claims of believed ancestry of the Native Americans.

Date: May 26, 2012 10:48AM

If a train leaves New York traveling west at 40 miles another, and another leaves Chicago going east at 30 miles an hour, then how long until you realize your whole religion is a giant hoax created by a 19th century conman?

Posted by: Bluebonnet ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 05:53PM

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 07:18PM

Posted by: FHJDTY ( )
Date: May 26, 2012 07:31PM

thinks about the Kinderhook plates. When I found out about the phoney translation, let alone that they discovered one of the actual plates and were able to date the plates to 1800's, I was a deer stuck in the headlights. So how did Joseph translate a portion of these plates if they were furnished in 1800's and not of ancient origin like Joseph Smith claimed? In addition, it takes up eight pages of the book History of the Church by Joseph Smith. It's very difficult to refute your (Church's) own words.

http://www.hbiby.com/vb/

http://www.hbiby.com/
And the Book of Abraham is a good

Posted by: wisewoman ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 11:33PM

Get a grip! "should we send the scouts to "wind rivers" (Jackson Wyoming) the Tetons, wildlife rescue or have the young women make toilet paper holders with high power WD 40 rollers?" why yes we can do both!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.