Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 09:00AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 09:10AM

I doubt Mrs M does the Laundry or ironing

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 09:12AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 09:51AM

I heard about the case on the radio, and remember a Vatican PR guy talking about how shocked they were, because it was totally out of character for the Butler who was felt to be a strongly moral guy. Then you remember that he was stealing papers and not trinkets, which combined with him supposedly having a strong character, makes you wonder what was in the papers. Given some of the recent Vatican scandals, I could think of plenty of things a strongly moral character would feel honor bound to expose to the press. I am saddened that the poor old man got caught, both for his own sake, and for the loss of what the world could have learned.

BTW, keep an eye on this case. Either everything will be dropped, and the butler sent on his merry way, as they don't wish for the papers to ever see the light of day, as they would if a case was brought up, or the Vatican will attempt to imprison this guy for the rest of his life, if he knows something really good, which should be used as a rallying point against Vatican politico power inside Italy.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 10:14AM

As for TSM having a butler, I am sure he has all kinds of people who look after him. The only question is how many are paid and how many are fulfilling their mission calling.

Posted by: snowowl ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 01:58PM

I don't know about a butler, but he does have a chauffer(s) to
drive him around in the fully armored $900k+ AUDI A-8.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 04:28PM

Yes, Monson rides in a car that cost almost a million dollars. He is chauffered, body-guarded and, most likely, butled.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 02:07PM

He probably doesn't like the pope 'cause he's German plus he's probably getting paid handsomely for his info....

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 02:47PM

The Vatican is being pressured (and likely will comply, under European law) to make its financial dealings more transparent.

Will TSCC see that as an example to follow?

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 04:31PM

It takes a very moral man to be willing to expose the hipocracy and scandals of the papacy. Christ didn't have much tolerance for hypocrits or priests who loved their positions of power more than their fellowman.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: May 27, 2012 06:37PM

Given that the Vatican is a sovereign nation, it follows that it possesses arrest powers - but it is striking to read about them in action:

"{butler} Gabriele was in Vatican custody and unavailable for comment."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/vatican-in-chaos-after-popes-butler-arrested-for-leaks-bank-president-ousted/2012/05/27/gJQA6eAVtU_story_1.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.