Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bbstephanbb ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 08:56AM

Searching the googles this morning, I found this super bad-a letter from Apostle Delbert Stapley where he informs George Romney that civil rights are bad. He says that so long as civil rights don't require inter-racial marraige, combined bathroom use, etc., then civil rigts are okay. Here's the letter, its in PDF format. Its pretty good

http://www.boston.com/news/daily/24/delbert_stapley.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 12:36PM

Page 2 Paragraph 2 (paraphrasing): I had (un-named friend) who was a big supporter of civil rights just like you, George. He met a really bad end, George. A tragic end, if you get my meaning, George. Think about it, Goeorge.

The Mormon hierarchy are nothing but small-time thugs running a very profitable extortion racket.

Date: May 28, 2012 12:38PM

OMFG they killed George!

Date: May 28, 2012 12:46PM

You bastards!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 03:24PM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 12:47PM

"People are happier when placed in the environment and association of like interests, racial instincts, habits and natural groupings."

Which is why Mormons prefer to hang out only with other Mormons. Don't want to encounter anything different. Eeewww.

Posted by: outsidethebox ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 12:58PM

This needs to make its way to the media. What a load of crap. Yeah, disagree with the profit and you die. Lol.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 03:34PM

I've posted it in several comments to articles about Romney. Find someplace to post it.

Posted by: lancepeters ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 01:01PM

I just sent it to Bill Mahar, the only way I knew how was to post it on his HBO sub website under the topic of Religion. I'll send it more folks if I knew how to. Do you guys know how I can do this?

Date: May 28, 2012 01:18PM

Anyone know how to contact media on this one?

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 01:23PM

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

Nothing like spelling it out -- black and white, so to speak.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 01:27PM

The stapley letter needs to needs to be sent to all media to expose what kind of cult Mitt gives his allegiance to.

Posted by: heyimginger ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 01:44PM

I've just joined the forums because someone tipped me off to this, get this back up to the top and keep it there

Date: May 28, 2012 02:02PM

Welcome

Date: May 28, 2012 02:41PM

Sent report of this to the following

Politico
MSNBC
People for the American Way
Gizmodo

Give me more I should send it to, lets get this out there.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 03:37PM

Send info to Rachel@msnbc.com

It was her show that took on Frank Vandersloot. And when Frank had his lawyers threaten her, she just did another detailed piece on him.

She would also be interested in the story of wealthy mormons (i.e., David Parker) teaching the Romney-predestined-to-be-President bullpucky to BYU students.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 02:45PM

They'll just spin that it was only one guy's opinion and blah blah blah.

Date: May 28, 2012 02:51PM

I am not worried about that, the point is to bombard the news with this stuff. Since when did people act rationally? Fox news spins shit all the time and people believe it, same happens here. You guys give too much credit to human beings, most are completely insane. Edward Bernays, the father of American propaganda proved this in his lifetime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 02:51PM by bbstephanbb.

Posted by: outsidethebox ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 02:56PM

Doesn't matter how they spin it. It is so obviously Moron. Joseph Smith all over the place and "do what our leaders say or be destroyed..." Freaky, scary, controlling belief system. Bring on the TRUTH of Moronism!! :) Keep running Mitt! Your putting the insanity and corruption of this church just were we want it. In the light of day.

By the way, to those of you getting this out there...thank you!

Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 03:07PM

Stapley's views on civil right would have likely been supported by his fellow G.A's.

- In the 1960's, the LDS church was against civil rights legislation.

- In the 1970's, they helped get the ERA killed.

- In the 1990's, they worked in Hawaii and California to kill gay marriage laws.

- And in 2008, they helped get Prop 8 passed.

The LDS church really doesn't support equal protection under the law for all people.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 03:16PM

"The Mormon hierarchy are nothing but small-time thugs running a very profitable extortion racket".

Best description I've ever seen on what the LDS church is really all about!!...WELL DONE. xyz!

Date: May 28, 2012 03:53PM

I may not know much, but I know a criminal operation when I see one!

:-)

Date: May 28, 2012 03:29PM

I am tweet spamming the hell out of stuff right now, its going on to anonops, they will take it to the next level

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 04:18PM

Stapley was right. Civil rights are bad ... for mormonism.

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 04:22PM

Please send it to the media!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 28, 2012 04:29PM

Oh, I've sent it to quite a few folks now. I even sent it to wike1eaks, annonymous, and the NAACP.

Date: May 28, 2012 04:45PM

More sweet Romney History, this is getting insane

link:

http://www.dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/Dialogue_V04N02_104.pdf

In this one, its talking about George Romney, the church, racism and the reaction that George Romney would do if the church came under attack, quote from page 108:

"The LDS Church would have been pilloried in the headlines across the country, and Governor Romney would have undoubtedly come to the defense of his Church, which would have lost him some votes."

Force Romney to take a stance opposite to church, then attach church, then Romney gone; easy as pie.

Posted by: Robin ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 05:56PM

Love how the non-member acknowledges Pres. McKay as a true profit. I call BS. SMH...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.