Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 06:20PM

I have posted on here a lot lately because I have had a lot of things on my mind. One is something I have hinted to earlier, but I think I can articulate it a little better now.
In an earlier post, I asked about TBMs who were in the Secret Service (Haven't heard of very many of them.) The perception is that there are a lot of "morgbots" in government agencies like the FBI, Secret Service, CIA, and all branchs of the military for example.
As a kid growing up, my dream was to be a military officer, or F.Bi.I agent, or something like that. However, due to me having Asperger's Syndrom, that dream is geting out of reach.
I also remember being jelous of my T.B.M. Cousin's, Wife's brother, who was an eagle Scout, RM, and graduated from West Point and is now a medical service corps officer. It seems like all of these guys are geting rewarded for being a bunch of mindless, tools of a controlling cult, and for buying into what is clearly bullshit! On the other hand I remember something interesting, when I was in the military, a TBM soldier said that he wanted to be a Special Forces Officer. I have heard of more than one TBM/Utah boy who dreams of being a navy seal, green beret, and going around the world killing bad guys. But I wonder if anyone ever thinks of this: These jobs, FBI, military, ect are not conducive to healthy family life, due to all of the time away from home, and danger involved. Drinking, cussing, and a lot of other activities are also a part of the culture in this line of work, and how do TBMs fit in with that. So I do not think there are as many TBM people in this line of work as a lot of people think. But I could be wrong, I would like to hear what anyone else has to say about this. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 06:41PM

This was 1967-70. He was even taught how to take his life with poison. I believe, to this day, that he wasn't debriefed properly, or at all, as he has exhibited very strange behavior over the decades, like flipping into another persona when under stress. I always wondered why he was obsessed with spy novels, until he finally told me his secret 30 years later. There was a part of him I feared, underneath his quiet, smiling exterior.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 07:23PM

The underlying reason for so many Mormons with security clearances is because a person used to have to admit to never having even TRIED drugs in order to get a clearance. That screened out an awful lot of people, in addition to CIA, NSA and others recruiting at BYU. And they didn't allow gays to have clearances due to the possibility of blackmail. But now we even have presidents who have smoked pot, so... And being gay has gone the other direction. You MUST be openly gay in order to have a clearance, and the various agencies--particularly CIA and State--are so paranoid that they throw promotions at gays and lesbians, fearing lawsuits if they don't get promoted ahead of straight people. (It's true! Ask any gay GS-15 who's been in only 10 years.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.