Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 08:20PM

I stepped into a local bakery to see if they had any fruitcake. (Yes, I actually LIKE fruitcake) While I was waiting to talk with the clerk I noticed a woman standing in the corner sort of babbling out loud. Then she started approaching customers as they walked in and making strange comments to them. Customers either ignored her or walked away. She started talking to the back of my head about some dance everyone should attend tonight while I was talking with the clerk. As I turned to leave, I saw her walk up to the clerk and comment that he had grown up in a Mormon family and everyone in her family could receive prophecy and revelations in dreams. She started talking about her connection to the Whitmers and how the Whitmer family had all received prophecy right along with Joseph Smith. I turned and looked just long enough to see the clerk rolling her eyes.

Guess there was fruitcake at that bakery, just not for sale.

As I left the bakery I felt grateful that this woman was helping to show the town's people in this midwestern city that Mormonism really is a crazy cult. Yes, I had a very good day today. : )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:21PM

It just never stops with these TBMs.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:38PM

Public nuisances!

"And thou must open thy mouth at all times, declaring my gospel with the sound of rejoicing. Amen."

http://lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/28.16?lang=eng#15

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:40PM

I was in Target and a teenaged girl came up to me and asked me if I was "saved". She also asked a few other customers. She was rather hyper and I thought she might be on drugs. Was the gal in the bakery very young? Weird to just babble on to strangers!

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 02:49AM

Sometimes, when I see a crazy Mormon, I think, "There, but for fortune, go I."

I dunno...was that woman any crazier than people who talk to their dog?

The whole world has gone mad! Mad, I tell you! >^..^<

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:08AM

No, they don't talk back, but they listen attentively.

Posted by: anona ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 12:18PM

There used to be a guy in the Hemet, Ca stake who was a total nut job. But of course the mishies baptized him.
He would go on endless tirades about his dead mother during testimony meetings and how he wanted to crawl back into her womb or her coffin.
Batshit crazy I tell you.

He would wear a huge floppy hat and go around visititing other churches, getting up in their meetings and telling them he was a Mormon.
Larry Taylor probably turned more potential converts away during that time than anyone I can think of.

Finally, my dad and a few other PH holders had standing orders to physically remove him from the chapel if he ever started toward the podium again.

Good times.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.