Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 04:00PM

And I received my official resignation confirmation letter a week ago. For those who don't know, I was raised in the church but never got baptized at age 8. I was inactive all throughout my teenage years. Randomly got baptized at age 18. I got baptized on Saturday the 28th, then confirmed at church the next day. That was the last Sunday I ever went to church. I think I hold the record for the shortest period of activity as an official member.

It feels so good to be out:) My life would be so different if I would have stuck it out. I would be absolutely miserable. Thank you ALL- RFM is one of the biggest reasons I was able to recover and exit so quickly.

I love you guys:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 04:01PM

Wow! That IS a short time. Hey, you're just a lot smarter than me- it took me 12 years, lol.

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 10:47PM

myselfagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, you're just a
> lot smarter than me- it took me 12 years, lol.

And myselfagain you're smarter than me; it took me 13 years to get out :-)

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 10:54PM

You are smarter than me! It took me 14...lol

1997-2011

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 04:33PM

Did something happen that week?

Date: May 28, 2012 04:39PM

Long story short, I moved to Russia after high school for a volunteer/live abroad thing...the company I was working for was based out of Provo and EVERYONE in it was mormon...I had 3 mormon roommates and eventually I just got so lovebombed, then a super hot missionary asked me if I wanted to be baptized (I was pretty brainwashed at that point) so I said what the hell, why not. The Sunday I got confirmed was the last Sunday I was in Russia, and when I flew back to Canada and was surrounded by non mormons again, I snapped back into reality and realized what I had done. No more church for me! Haha

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 05:01PM

The only person I know with a shorter record was baptized on a Saturday, then refused to attend the planned Sunday confirmation the next day. Not sure if that counts or not.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 05:02PM

A similar thing happened to me. Are you related to Charles Henry Hart? There are many Mormons with the name Hart in Canada..

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 05:08PM

Canada? Your just hitting on us men so we will give you a green card huh.

Date: May 28, 2012 05:10PM

Haha! No way, I could get a green card really easily if I wanted- my mom got her American citizenship and since I'm still under 21, I could get one in no time.

And Canadianfriend- Hart isn't actually my last name!

Haha Cheryl that's pretty impressive! I'd like to high five that person.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: May 28, 2012 10:35PM

Somewhere in the Andes, some wiseass unknown to all of us went inactive five minutes after baptism... but one week is still impressive all the same :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 12:08AM

I got baptized at 8 and realized the outside world was a better deal than the Cult at about 18 or 19 (so it was smokin' and drinkin' on Sat. and Priesthood meeting with a hangover on Sunday...my bad)....but I went inactive at about 20....

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 12:20AM

Dang quitter! :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.